Team Truffle Shufflers! September Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• hefinator
    Options
    TEAM!!! We have a new member, with another possible!! Please welcome GreenEyedEllen to our team!! lets continue to kick butt and stay motivated! we're still at the beginning of the month! i know we can ALL make it through the end of the month and beyond! and we will accomplish so much if we just help eachother through any rough patches!! I'll get Ellen filled in on the team, and then we will just need 1 more member to be back up to 10! :)

YOU ALL ARE ROCKSTARS!!!

~Holly
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ugh...today is going to KILL me. Tuesday was a dooooozey and I'm still sore. But here is the good news. I have done a total of two 5k's. Better than what I thought and I am hoping to get at least one more in before the end of the week is over.

I am liking all the daily challanges but boy are they working my whole body. Bring on the burn! 9it's a love hate kinda thing) :noway:
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I agree MacSkillz...I am so sore...and you've really been kicking *kitten* on the 5K challenge!

Thanks Maggie! A few weeks ago I set a challenge for myself - walk the distance between my house in RI and my grandmother's house in FL before I get married on 10/27/12. It's a total of 1,300 miles. So, in order to achieve that goal, I need to walk a minimum of 3 miles a day. So this 5K a day already fits into my daily routine! haha
    Plus, my fiance and I have already planned about an 8 mile walk for this weekend! We will be parking at an entrance for a bike path that leads to a historical mill, which will be 4 miles. Then we will take a tour of the mill because we haven't been there since elementary school, and then after the tour, walk back to our car which is parked 4 miles away! I'm so excited about it! I just hope that the weather cooperates!

YOU ARE FANTASTIC!!!! all of you, way to go girls!! I think you are all doing a fantastic job. i feel like i've let you guys down, since i haven't been doing 5k a day, but i'll be back on track today and get in some extra miles over the weekend to make up for it!!

If any of you know of anyone who would like to join our challenge/team, let me know. i have 2 spots now open on our team!! :)

No worries oh fearless leader! You are FANTASTIC too for getting back on track. With each step you take, just remember:

"Goonies never say DIE!!!!!"
  • hefinator
    Options
    Ugh...today is going to KILL me. Tuesday was a dooooozey and I'm still sore. But here is the good news. I have done a total of two 5k's. Better than what I thought and I am hoping to get at least one more in before the end of the week is over.

I am liking all the daily challanges but boy are they working my whole body. Bring on the burn! 9it's a love hate kinda thing) :noway:

these exercises, combined with the plan my trainer set up for me a week ago, my muscles kill me everyday!!! build that muscle to burn more fat!! we're all gonna look healthy and more fabulous in no time!!
  • hefinator
    Options
    ANOTHER NEW TEAM MEMBER!!!!
    We are back up to 10 members!! Please welcome Kepete to our team!!
    I'll get our newbie filled in on the team, and in the mean time, lets all add her as a friend and get her welcomed properly!!

You gals are amazing!

~Holly
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm excited for the challenge because I need a some motivation. I am from a smaller community north on Milwaukee. I work in a manufacturing company & spend a great deal of time behind the desk in a high stress job. My co-workers love to eat all day long making it difficult at times to stay on track. I'm working on changing it!

My starting weight two weeks ago was 191.4. Last week I logged my first gain of 192.2. My heaviest was 254.7 so i need to stop the scale going upwards for good!

Since I got a late start to the challenge tonight, I was only able to get in a 5K. When I'm on line tomorrow on a non-dial up Internet I'll be able to get a better understanding of the daily challenge and log us some points!

Thank you to Maggie for thinking of me for the team!
    Go Pack Go!
    Kelley
  • hefinator
    Options
    Who's ready for the weekend?! only today and tomorrow for working out and you get a rest day on sunday!! Enjoy the fun times!! I'll be gettinga root canal later this afternoon, hopefully it doesn't derail all the crazy i have in store for myself this weekend!!!

Remember, you are all awesome, and kickin' butt!!!

-Holly
  • cj2lose
    cj2lose Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have no time for a 5k! I just don't have any extra time each day this week. Does it count if we do it on Sunday? I might get one in tomorrow.
  • hefinator
    Options
    I feel like I have no time for a 5k! I just don't have any extra time each day this week. Does it count if we do it on Sunday? I might get one in tomorrow.

Sunday is technically your rest day, however it is also still part of the full week (monday-sunday) so if you can't do it til then, that's A-Ok, and will still count for the week!!! if you don't get to it, don't worry about it. it's only a BONUS! :) I haven't done one this week yet, but will finally get to today! and maybe tomorrow, after my 2nd ever zumba class! :)
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I agree MacSkillz...I am so sore...and you've really been kicking *kitten* on the 5K challenge!

Thanks Maggie! A few weeks ago I set a challenge for myself - walk the distance between my house in RI and my grandmother's house in FL before I get married on 10/27/12. It's a total of 1,300 miles. So, in order to achieve that goal, I need to walk a minimum of 3 miles a day. So this 5K a day already fits into my daily routine! haha
    Plus, my fiance and I have already planned about an 8 mile walk for this weekend! We will be parking at an entrance for a bike path that leads to a historical mill, which will be 4 miles. Then we will take a tour of the mill because we haven't been there since elementary school, and then after the tour, walk back to our car which is parked 4 miles away! I'm so excited about it! I just hope that the weather cooperates!

I think that idea of walking the distance to somewhere is an EXCELLENT one!!!! I think that's a fun way to motivate you to MOVE IT, MOVE IT (song stuck in my head just now)

I might see if I can find a place to "walk" to and see if I can accomplish that too!
  • kepete
    Options
    I did a 10K this morning so I was able to do the three 5ks for the week. Weigh in for me today as 190.3 ... Finally a loss! I suck at the bear crawl but will try again this afternoon.
  • cj2lose
    Options
    Whew!! Finally got a 5k in. Might actually rest tomorrow, although we're going to the Zoo so I'm counting all that walking!
  • kepete
    Options
    I did the bear crawl ... Some of it was baby bear & some of it was drop over dead bear, but it's done!
  • cj2lose
    Options
    I agree kepete! I really dislike the bear crawl. Thankfully it's gone for next week.
  • hefinator
    Options
    LADIES LADIES!!! We are embarking on WEEK 3!! below are a list of the challenges for the week. Its going to be a crazy week, so get ready.

Also, by end of day tomorrow (Monday), please send me a list of the following:
    Weight: ???????
    Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)

Here are the challenges!!
    WEEK 3 –PYGMY SERIES (Advanced)
    Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 5 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 6 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 You've now walked 2 5K's this week! See I knew you could do it!
    *Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat.

WEEK 3 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.
    Attempt to do all of these series at one time. If possible do not break these up along the day.
    Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)
    Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 3 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)
    Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 5 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)
    Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

WEEK THREE Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this!
    Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

Let me know if there are any questions!! Lets stay motivated and keep pusing through!! we're almost halfway through the month!!! You all are amazing!!

-Holly
  • Maggiedc
    Options
    Weight: Same...booo....I WILL LOSE THIS WEEK!!!
    Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Calories and water
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Calories and water
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Calories and water
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Calories and water
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Calories and water and 5K
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Calories and water and 5K
    Day 7: Calories, water and 5K

Ladies you are all doing great!!! Lets keep up the good work for week 3!!!!!
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Weight: Um... 203.7

Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? no Team challenge Completed? yes
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? yes Team challenge Completed? Yes
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Yes
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Yes
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? over on calories :(
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? no Team challenge Completed? yes water, over on calories :(

i earned 3 bonus points. i did 5k miles on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday...

SORRY girls i totally SUCKED this week. but today, i already have 1/2 my exercised done! yay me:)!!! the rest of you have been doing such an amazing job! you're awesome!!! i'm sorry i've been a REALLY bad teammate.. i promise to step it up this week.
  • cj2lose
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Logging a loss. My weight is 167.4lbs. Even weighed myself after breakfast and a chai latte.

Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? Food and water; no 5k
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? Food and water; no 5k
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? Food and water; no 5k
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? Food and water; no 5k
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? Water intake
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? Food and water; did a 5k
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Weight: 180...gain over weekend...boo!
    Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? yes Team challenge Completed? water, calories
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? yes Team challenge Completed? water, calories
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? yes Team challenge Completed? water, calories
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? water, calories
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? yes Team challenge Completed? water, 5k...gonna say no to the calories, it was bunco and while I tried to be good, I didn't actually LOG them so I'm not sure....i didn't go over by far if I did...but I can't say I did!
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? No, but I did them sunday if that's ok? Team challenge Completed? water,calories,

Did a second 5k on Sunday (as well as my saturday exercises if that counts)
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Weight 239...loss of one pound
    Day 1...daily excercises completed? yes...Team challange completed? yes (water/calories)
    Day 2...daily excercises completed? yes...Team challange completed? yes (water/calories) and 5k completed
    Day 3...daily excercises completed? yes...Team challange completed? yes (water/calories)
    Day 4...daily excercises completed? yes...Team challange completed? yes (water/calories)
    Day 5...daily excercises completed? yes...Team challange completed? yes (water/calories)
    Day 6...daily excercises completed? yes...Team challange completed? yes (water/calories)
    Day 7...Team challange completed? Yes (water/calories) 5k completed