Team Truffle Shufflers! September Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• greeneyedellen
    greeneyedellen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Starting weight is 287.2

Today is my first day so nothing to report for last week.

I am checking out the challenges. It looks fun! This is my first challenge and I am psyched!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Heads up everyone: BE CAREFUL doing the Burpees!!! I went to do my 10 for today, and I get down to the push-up position and as I start going down, my wrist twisted and I heard a crack. :sad:
    It's not broken though (thank god!!!!!!!) - I can still move it - it just feels really sore. Icing it and putting it in a splint!
  • Maggiedc
    Options
    Oh no!!! Take care!!!!
  • hefinator
    Options
    Heads up everyone: BE CAREFUL doing the Burpees!!! I went to do my 10 for today, and I get down to the push-up position and as I start going down, my wrist twisted and I heard a crack. :sad:
    It's not broken though (thank god!!!!!!!) - I can still move it - it just feels really sore. Icing it and putting it in a splint!

Woah there!!! BE careful!!! Glad to hear that its not broken, but definitely a good warning to all! remember all, take it slow!! :) we don't want any injuries here! i want to keep a happy healthy team! :)
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it's not broken! Every time I jumped out my achilles? tendon would snap loudly!, so they made me nervous!
  • trout3063
    Options
    Starting weight is 287.2

Today is my first day so nothing to report for last week.

I am checking out the challenges. It looks fun! This is my first challenge and I am psyched!

Welcome to the club!!! My first challenge too! and I'm LOVING it....this weeks challenges are KILLER so make sure to get your sleep so your body can recover!
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Week 2 challenge started late on day 4

Day 4: daily challenge? No team challenge? Yes to calories, water & 5K
    Day 5: daily challenge? No team challenge? Yes to calories & water
    Day 6: daily challenge? No team challeng? Yes to calories, water, 10K & bear crawl
    Lost: 1.1 pounds

I had oral surgery yesterday (a few weeks earlier than planned) so I'm limited to walking for the next few days. I'll make up for it later this week!
  • Ok I'm updating for last week as my internet has kept me from logging on here. I wasn't able to log in and see what the daily challenges were, but I have completed 3 5K's and been under calories everyday. I did not lose any weight, but have maintained where I'm at. Really hoping to get a bit lower this week.

Glad I was able to log in today so I can get all of week 3's challenges done in time :)

Oh, and I'm excited that I joined a curves, probably going to start going tomorrow!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Weight: 247.4
    Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No)

Didn't have the best week as far as completing the exercises. :( It was a rough week. But, I'm back in 100% this week!!! Week 4 here I come!!!
  • trout3063
    Options
    End of week three: Weight 178 (LOSS, yea!!)

Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? yes
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? yes Team challenge Completed? Yes
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Yes
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? No, calories over
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? No, calories over
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? No, calories over
    What happens on Sundays? Do calories not matter? cause I dind't make mine yesterday either ;(

But I did do the 500 extra crunches for the bonus this week! I wish it were 5k's again, since I got four of them in (one being our local race for the cure)

Hope the rest of you had a better week! But hey....glad for the LOSS!!! This week I will make better plans!
  • hefinator
    Options
    GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!
    Welcome to Week 4. we still have 2 more amazing weeks left in this fun challenge! Hopefully we are all past the "Halfway-hump" and will rock out these next two weeks and show some big numbers.

As always, i need your checkins from last week. please provide the following (if you haven't already):
    Weight: ???????
    Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes/No) Team challenge Completed? (Yes/No)

and now, here are the CHALLENGES

WEEK 4 PYGMY CHALLENGES
    Day 1 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 3 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 5 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT!

WEEK 4 BUSHMAN CHALLENGES
    Day 1 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)
    Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 3 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)
    Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 5 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)
    Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT!

Week 4 Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week.(3.1 miles) Each team member needs to do an additional 400 crunches for this week!

WOW!!! What a week! its hell, but its time to push it to the max and take this all the way to the end of the month!! Remember, let me know if there are any questions!! You gals are amazing and i'm so glad to be your captain!!! LETS GO SHUFFLERS!!

~Holly
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    weigh in: same (no loss BUT no gain! yay.)

Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? No Team challenge Completed? yes
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? yes Team challenge Completed? Yes
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Yes
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? No (over calories)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? No Team challenge Completed? No (over calories)

i'm soo going to get kicked off the team aren't i?! lol. BUT i did the 500 crunches :), like trout3063, i wish it were 5k again, MUCH easier :)

now that i'm back full force (well more than last week), can't wait to see a loss in next week's weigh in!!!
  • Maggiedc
    Options
    weigh in: same....getting very frustrated : /

Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? yes
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Yes
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Yes
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Yes
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? Yes Team challenge Completed? Yes

Finished my 500 crunches on Sunday woo hoo!
  • cj2lose
    cj2lose Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Weight: 166.8

Day 1: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (No on calories)
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)

I did the Bushman challenge of 5 miles on Friday. I ate some high sodium items yesterday so I am definitey bloated and weigh more today! I'm going to weigh again tomorrow after lots of water today. And I welcome the 5k back too!
  • Maggiedc
    Options
    Looking at week 4....

There is nothing I dislike more than the bear crawl...dammit
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Weight: 236....3 pound loss. I don't know how the heck this happened since I only did the challanges with no added excercise on my own. But hey....it worked so I won't complain. :tongue:
    Day 3: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 4: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Yes)
    Day 7....did 500 crunches and BOY am I feeling it today. Also stayed within calories and drank my water on this day as well.
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I was only able to do three days of the daily exercise challenge: day 5, 6 & on day 7 I did day 1.
    I had 7 days of drinking the water & staying under the calories
    Then 5 days of 2+ miles per day
    500 crunches complete!
    Weight 187.8 for 2.5 pound loss
    I can't believe how much that oral surgery kicked my but last week!!!
  • Only was able to do days 1-3 as that's when m y internet came back. Been under calories every day! I did gain one pound, but I'm going to assume that's because of female issues :(
  • greeneyedellen
    greeneyedellen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Day 2: Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No)
    Day 5: Daily exercise challenge completed? (Yes) Team challenge Completed? (Ye)
    Day 6:Daily exercise challenge completed? (No) Team challenge Completed? (No)

I only did 250 situps, but I did walk 6 miles. I stayed under my calorie every day but Sunday. I actually gained .6, but I'm thinking it's female issues :((
  • hefinator
    Options
    Ladies Ladies, you all are amazing!!! I know i should have said this ealier in the week, but thank you to ALL of you!!! i got the whole team logged right away at the beginning of the week, and didn't have to track anyone down! fantastic job!!!

There has been some talk about doing an October Challenge as well. similar setup that we've done for August and September, and i'm going to keep the same team name and keep going!! Just wanted to check with all of you to see if you all would like to join as well!!

I think we are all doing great, and seeing results! you guys are reaching for your goals and succeeding!!! way to go!!

-Holly