**VICTORIOUS SECRET**SEPT~TRIBAL~(CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    LOL I took the tribal pictures I promised tonight. If everyone sticks with it this month I'll post them and you can die in laughter.. they are so sad lol

I can't wait to see them! I was going to make a deal with you guys later in the month that if we complete a big team challenge successfully I will pose in the woods with a spear and face paint.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    ***TRIBE VICTORIOUS SECRET*** Lori grabs megaphone and stands on coffee table!!!! GOOD MORNING WARRIORS!!! How are we feeling this am?! All bright and chipper?! If you don't have a spear yet I expect each of you to go out into the woods and make one today!!! Just teasing. BUT here is what I DO expect you to do today: If you have not yet given me your start weight get on it like a fat kid on a cupcake!! ALSO you WILL be drinking a full 64 oz of water everyday of this challenge AND staying UNDER your calorie goal! You report this to me in the team forum. You all should have my cell number written down so that you have no excuses for not contacting your Captain even if your internet goes down ;-) Here is today's first exercise challenge: BUSHMEN ADVANCED: Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps! IF YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR: 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    LOL I took the tribal pictures I promised tonight. If everyone sticks with it this month I'll post them and you can die in laughter.. they are so sad lol

I can't wait to see them! I was going to make a deal with you guys later in the month that if we complete a big team challenge successfully I will pose in the woods with a spear and face paint.
    It would be awesome if we all did that and sent our pics to you to have them Photoshopped together for a team photo :):):)
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My new start weight is 149.6!!!!
  • med79
    Options
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

(laying on the floor gasping for breath and wiping the sweat from my face) Check! All done captain Lori! That was crazy and yes, I had to take a few breaks but I completed it. Oh, I found out that I need to invest in a good sports bra as well....I can see where doing jumping jacks and being a size 44D could be hazardous! rotfl....literally, out of exhaustion...
  • Brandirina
    Brandirina Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    15 Step Kicks - Check!
    50 Jumping Jacks - Check!

Weight this morning: 244.3

I haven't done jumping jacks since high school - and especially after my leg injury - but I was able to do all 50 this morning without stopping! But, I definitely need a more supportive sports bra...
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    TY for all of those updates. Ok, I'm wanting to try something different this month. How would you all feel about logging in your own info? If you click on this link ALL of us have access to the spreadsheet! Gary has already filled in a 1 for everyone the first week so you would need to do NO logging this week except to enter your weight if it's not filled in yet. Then starting next week you would give yourself a number 1 for doing the exercises and a number 1 for doing the team challenge then update your weight each week. It's no biggie if you don't want to. You can always give me your info and I will do it but I'm just offering to make this available to everyone so we can be held ACCOUNTABLE. If everyone on the team can see if you are doing challenges or not it makes a BIG difference.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiJ-z3hO1RegdFM2UlBMcEtnQV90U19FS0pTVktDUUE&hl=en_US#gid=0
  • med79
    Options
    I love that idea! I just updated my start weight on the spreadsheet to 265. Did it work? Just making sure I did it right :smile:
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    I love that idea! I just updated my start weight on the spreadsheet to 265. Did it work? Just making sure I did it right :smile:

WOO HOO!!! Yep, it worked perfect, Marie!!!! All everyone has to do is bookmark the page!!! PLEASE REMEMBER TO GO OVER TO FILE AND THEN HIT SAVE EVERY TIME THOUGH!!!! I will always do it when I view it to double check!
  • kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of updating ourselves!! Great idea Lori, it will totally up the motivation.
    Today water drunk, under cals and 50 JJ 50 squat kicks and 50 crunches done - pygmy challenge completed and half of bushmans
    Day one done!!
    Hope you all have a great day :wink:

Oh almost forgot, do we have a team challenge this week???
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    I love the idea of updating ourselves!! Great idea Lori, it will totally up the motivation.
    Today water drunk, under cals and 50 JJ 50 squat kicks and 50 crunches done - pygmy challenge completed and half of bushmans
    Day one done!!
    Hope you all have a great day :wink:

Oh almost forgot, do we have a team challenge this week???

SUPERBLY DONE KJ!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile: :happy:

Our team challenge for the week is that we all stay UNDER our calorie goal and OVER on our water everyday this week!!! It's to get the people who are new to challenges to form the habit of drinking 64 oz a day and always staying under goal.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    A recipe I got today from sumjoy aka Judy who was on my August team with me! Just in time for Fall!!!!

Hi Lori, I thought you might like to try this as an occassional sub for your Nutella. Cheers, Judy

APPLES WITH CARAMEL DIPPING SAUCE
    WW Annual Recipe Collection 2002

1/2 cup fat-free caramel sundae syrup (such as Smucker's)
    1 tbsp fat-free milk
    1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp vanilla, butter, and nut flavoring, or vanilla extract
    3/4 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
    4 cups Granny Smith or Red Delicious apple wedges (about 3 to 4 apples)

1. Combine first 4 ingredients; stir with a whisk until blended. Gently fold in whipped topping. Cover and chill. Serve with apple wedges.

YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup apple wedges and 1/4 cup sauce)

PER SERVING: CAL 175 (0% FAT); PRO 1.4G; FAT 0G; CARB 41.1G; FIB 1.8G; CHOL 0MG; IRON 0.2MG; SOD 120MG; CALC 31MG
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Repost from Gary6030- O.K. Let's start this week off right! Since we are short this week I'm offering a mini-challenge. Remember Gym Class? Do you remember doing the bear walk? As a side mini-challenge you don't have to ever do the mini-challenges. But if you'd like to earn your team an extra point bearwalk for 3 minutes. Seems easy but it has to be a constant bear walk constantly moving for 3 minutes. You might be surprised! If you do the bear walk at the end of the week ask them to add one point to your team score! if you choose not too or cannot perform the mini-challenge its all good! This is just something to get our challenge up and running! So there it is FIRST MINI-CHALLENGE a Constant 3 minute Bearwalk.

What's a bearwalk? SMH, LOL! stand up put your feet on the floor hunched over and walk with feet and legs on the floor? Like a bear walks? Walk at a constant pace for 3 minutes no stopping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF8RJsjVISY

Also from Gary... SEPT CHALLENGE FOLKS THAT ARE USING THE BUSHMEN SERIES EXERCISES! I forgot to add that you need to being each day with a tabata 4 minute start. I am using this young woman's series. Its great but you have to stay in time with her. 20 seconds hard core 10 seconds rest for minutes. It will push you hard and will shape and tone large muscle group areas. Make sure everyday starts with a tabata no matter what the challenge is! The video is here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkCnNrxHwFE&feature=youtube_gdata_player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM&feature=youtube_gdata_player here is another one she does she has several!
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I got everything done today. Couldn't figure out how to post pics so I did it for profile pic. :smooched:
  • aninamika
    Options
    I got everything done today. Couldn't figure out how to post pics so I did it for profile pic. :smooched:

GOOD ON YOU! Show everyone how well you have done! Keep it up teamy! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • aninamika
    Options
    Goooooooooooood Mooooooooooorning HOTTIES!
    So yesterday I realised that my GLOBE JUMPS were wrong! Sorry. I know now for next time!

Today I have completed the exercises from the bushmen's series:
    2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses (10kgs) - CHECK
    2 sets of 21’s (10 kgs) - CHECK
    2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s (10 kgs) - CHECK
    2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers (5kgs) - Lori, I couldn't find the vids for this one so here's what I did. - CHECK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2mmEokR3Vw but using a dumbbell - CHECK
    2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks (5kgs) - CHECK
    2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (10kgs) - CHECK

I also just saw the post about the TABATA I can't get it done now but will try tonight.

HAPPY FRIDAAAAAAAAAYS EVERYONE :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options

Love it Sherri!!!!!!

Reesa aka trans4mations just texted me that she was under calories, over on water and did her challenge exercises! Yippeeeee!!! She is still without power at home due to Irene. She lives in Virginia.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Goooooooooooood Mooooooooooorning HOTTIES!
    So yesterday I realised that my GLOBE JUMPS were wrong! Sorry. I know now for next time!

Today I have completed the exercises from the bushmen's series:
    2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses (10kgs) - CHECK
    2 sets of 21’s (10 kgs) - CHECK
    2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s (10 kgs) - CHECK
    2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers (5kgs) - Lori, I couldn't find the vids for this one so here's what I did. - CHECK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2mmEokR3Vw but using a dumbbell - CHECK
    2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks (5kgs) - CHECK
    2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (10kgs) - CHECK

I also just saw the post about the TABATA I can't get it done now but will try tonight.

HAPPY FRIDAAAAAAAAAYS EVERYONE :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:

Thx Anina that is SUPERB!!!!:drinker: That video will work.

I only got 60 min of exercise in today.:frown: Did a mixture of the both challenges plus my regular workout. I'm still shooting for 90 minutes 6 days a week but today TOM is close to arriving and it was just an off day for me. :ohwell:

I stayed wayyyyyyy under my calories. Too low actually cause I didn't feel very well. And way over on my water.

Tribe PLEASE post in here each night so we all know that you are in the game. I will track you down and find you if you don't. :grumble:

Have a great evening and I will be on here for at least another 2 hours if you need me!!!! :happy: :heart:
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello teammates,

I am starting off by doing the PYMGY Series. I did Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks and 50 JJ's. I so need a good support bra. I think that my breast got more of a workout than my heart, legs and arms:bigsmile: :laugh:. It is so funny because my butt feel like jell-o:happy: . I guess that is a sign that it's working??? I also stayed under my calories and I drank well over 64 oz of water. Now I am going to the bathroom every -2 seconds (that is negative 2). TMI - I know, sorry.

Daughter update: Today was a rough day for her also. She blacked out in my arms (thankfully). The monitors was beeping (super high heart rate). We had to press the CODE button. I was so scared. I did not know what to do. Thankfully her nurse assistant was in the room or she would have fell. She just calapse in my arms. Once they got her heart rate under control and some feel good meds, she did a lot better throughout the day. She is still very very weak. Whenever she goes to the bathroom, I have to jump up and follow her in, so I pray that all of my hard work (kick butt squats and stuff) don't go to waste because I have been only getting about 4 1/2 - 5 hours (sometimes less) of sleep for the past few nights:yawn:. I know that sleep is crucial to weightloss.

Ok, enough about me. I just wanted to say WTG to everyone for successfully getting through day 1. I am so impressed by the ones that are doing the Bushmen Series. I am going to do the PYGYM series for 2 weeks and then advance on to the Bushmen Series (this is in my head, I think - lol, but I am going to give it a try).

BTW: Lori, I think that putting the information in the spreadsheet ourselves is a great idea. This will also free up you and Gary to care for yourselves. Thank you both for making this possible:flowerforyou:

Hugs,
    Nica
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    All man, I just realize that I was suppose to do 30 squat kicks not 50. Wow!!! That's why my booty is sore:laugh: I guess I better pay attention for now own:ohwell: