Women - do you wear makeup?

Options
infamousmk
infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
(Since the dudes thread doesn't really apply and I want to know)

And if you do wear makeup, do you wear it because you want to look attractive to men or because you just like it?

Or do you feel like you wear makeup for other women? (because we all know women judge other women way more than men do)

Do you leave the house without makeup? How much makeup do you wear?

My answer:

Yes, I wear makeup. Sometimes a lot, some times a very little. I leave the house without makeup if I don't feel like wearing it or I run out of time. I never wear makeup to go to the gym unless I'm there directly after work. I do it because I love playing with makeup, and I like to look put together. If there's anyone out there I may be doing it for other than myself, it's other women. I consider good looking makeup with lots of eyeshadow shading, etc. to be quite an interesting skill, and I like to show off. Women notice, men do not.

I was suprised recently when I posted pictures of myself both with and without makeup, and many women said I looked better without. I love the way I look with makeup on and wouldn't ever stop just because someone else thinks I look better one way or the other.

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I never wear make up... Unless you count medicated chapstick as make up... I do try to take care of my skin with certain products but I don't use foundation or powders or eye make up.

Of course I'm married and have no reason to doll up, but even before that, I never wore make up much... It's just not my thing.
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I wear make up sometimes. Mainly if I am going out somewhere nice.
    I love just playing around with make up at home too.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I rarely ever wear makeup and if I do it is a light foundation (mineral) and some blush. I had laser eye surgery abour 4 years ago and don't like things on my eyes. The only time I wear it though is if I have some acne or I have a meeting and want to feel more professional. My husband doesn't like it and I could care less what other women think :-)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i wear make-up all of the time!!
    i cant let anyone see me without it on!
    the reason is because i look so skanky, so i feel i have to wear make-up to cover it up.
    but if i didnt have the spots, and the red Tdown my face, and stupid short blonde eyelashes, and small little eyes.. then i wouldnt need to wear mascara, eyeliner and foundation!!
    although im getting use to living with a partner now, so sometimes if im staying in i dont mind as much if my foundation had worn off a bit.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I dont wear make up much in the summer,but fall winter and spring I do and love it.I dont wear it for anyone but me.Since im already happily married it does not matter to mee if guys like it or not
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear make-up. When I do, I think of it as war paint. The make-up is extreme with thick eyeliner and bright eyeshadows and lipsticks. I get sweaty at work and up accidently wiping make-up off with my white uniform sleeve. That looks a hell of a lot worse than going without.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup, I hate it, my fiancee hates it. Plus, I have sensitive skin so covering up my skin just makes it look worse in the end.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. Honestly, I wear it because I feel like I look like a dude otherwise.

I do not leave the house without mascara and eyeliner on... ever.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup. The amount depends on the day. I use Shiseido skincare which makes my face clear and skin prettier...so I usually wear (in order):
    -toner
    -serum
    -lotion
    -sunscreen (sometimes sunscreen first)
    -liquid foundation or bb cream
    -setting powder (to make face drier)
    -mascara

sometimes I also wear eyeliner and circle lenses, eyeshadow or false lashes (no more than 2 of these at once).

I wear it for myself mainly. I feel better when I look better. ^.^
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    As little as possible, but some instances call for it. And when I do put it on, I enjoy it. I just hate taking it off later.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    yes I do....because I like it. It makes me feel prettier and frankly that is what matters. I will leave the house without it. I wear it to the gym if I am going right after work. I love to play with eyeshadow and lipsticks.

:smile:
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up everyday when I go to school, and sometimes to the rifle range. I don't always manage the time to keep the lipstick on. I teach middle school and it's funny to hear the girl's comments about it.

I prefer MAC cosmetics because they actually stay on all day, the eye makeup especially.

When I go hiking, camping or most outdoor activities, I will not wear make-up. It's just too much of a hassle.
  • kriots
    kriots Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I love makeup! I wear it when I want to wear it or have time to get all "dolled up"or all just wear some lip gloss ...who do I wear it for? Me. It makes me happy. I could careless who's who. I dont care about what others think if i am wearing make up or not. i'm just myself. Now i am married, and my husband could careless too! If i wear it, he'll noticed and say I look nice, if I'm not wearing it, I get the same reactions, You look good babe. What does he prefer? Doesn't matter, if I were to ask him he's say he doesn't care...
    I like playing with makeup, putting looks together as well. its fun! I don't have to have it on all the time or at certain times, moments. Now my sister, loves me with lipstick on, she says I just got those lips...idk, who cares!! BUT I will say seeing woman at the gym with makeup on, like "fresh" makeup, not just walking in from work or whatever, is strange...
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    Yes I do wear make up.

Everyday: I wear it to work. But my daily make up essentially consist under eye concealer, eye liner and lip balm! :)

Gym: And no I do not wear make up to exercise, that is just wrong..... I'm not going to the gym to impress guys....

Parties/Dates: I wear eye shadow, lipstick, mascara and blush ;):D I do not wear foundation...I have pretty good skin.
  • ajfranzen77
    Options
    Almost never!! I have two small kids 3 and 4 and I do not have time to put it on in the morning. If I am going to a wedding or out to dinner or out with friends I usually wear it.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup when I feel like it, and I don't when I don't feel like it. I might go months wearing makeup every day, and months not wearing it much at all.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I proudly wear my war paint (not all the time and if I forget to put it on, I don't freak out over it).
  • Nancyhusanu
    Options
    Last year I had skin cancer on my nose so I never leave the house without sunscreen/foundation, Other than that I wear mascara, only because I think I look better with it on. My kids and husband think I look funny on the rare occasions I dress up and wear other "face Paint"!!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup but only foundation and eyeliner. If I'm going to a wedding or something then I wear eyeshadow, mascara, that sort of thing. I use to wear more makeup about 10-12 years ago but don't see the point now. Back in the day when I had bad skin I NEVER left the house without makeup but now I do, since my skin isn't bad. I think I just wear it now because I feel my skin glows better with it on. Plus, thanks to my adolescent choices, I have a nice scar from where I pierced my eyebrow and want to cover it and blend with my skin. lol