Women - do you wear makeup?

Options

Replies

• coracbeck
    Options
    I wear it... I like it... I do it because it's fun and I want to - not because I feel like I have to. Make-up is like any other accessory - it has to be done right to compliment you. Never at the gym or pool - like you - unless I'm coming straight from work. And I will definitely leave the house without it. :)
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I wear make up but I have to be very careful with it. I have super sensitive skin and some types of make up make me break out. I like to use as little as possible and only on special occasions.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS wear eye makeup. I only wear face paint in the winter.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup, I hate it, my fiancee hates it. Plus, I have sensitive skin so covering up my skin just makes it look worse in the end.

Yep, pretty much the same here. (hubby instead of fiancee) Absolutely sensitive skin! Makeup makes me itch, even organic or mineral...

Never was much for it anyways. Kind of wish I could, but the itchiness just isn't worth it to me.
  • haterhaze
    haterhaze Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wear it, sometimes I don't. I never feel like I have to wear it. I wear it when I feel beautiful on the inside, and like to show it on the outside. That's not to say if you see me with no make-up and my hair in a ponytail that I feel ugly, I was just late getting out of the house or I feel like having a carefree day. If I felt I had to wear make-up for other people, then I wouldn't enjoy wearing it! :)
  • moepett00
    Options
    I do wear make up but let me give a little insight here. I am 30, and 1 year ago, I had lasik eye surgery, after wearing glasses for 20 years. I was so blind i could touch the big E before it was clear to me without my glasses. I for probably 3 -5 years when i was younger wore contacts, then financially i had to stop and when i tried again, my prescription was too strong. Finally i was able to afford lasik, and after my 1 month limit of no touching the face and no makeup, i started wearing make up. The reason? Because now without glasses, you could see any circles under my eyes much easier! Now I have come to find out that those circles are more obvious to me than others, as most of our faults probably are, but I still make sure to put cover up on every morning, and because I work in a very professional atmosphere, I use eye shadow, eye liner and mascara every day. I have been known to go without on weekends. It's more to make sure I look my best at my job.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Last year I had skin cancer on my nose so I never leave the house without sunscreen/foundation, Other than that I wear mascara, only because I think I look better with it on. My kids and husband think I look funny on the rare occasions I dress up and wear other "face Paint"!!

Yeah I'm allergic to the sun so it helps me too.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup if I'm going somewhere or if I'm feeling in the mood. I know I look more attractive with it and I am just happier with the way I look with it on. And I want my husband to find me attractive at least once in awhile. I think no makeup is boring. Sorry ladies, but it is. And I don't always wear a ton of eyeliner, sometimes I only wear it on top or not at all and only mascara. Mascara is essential.. in my opinion. At least for girls like me with really long *kitten* light colored eyelashes.

I don't wear makeup for other women. I definitely wear it for myself.. then my husband.
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    I do wear makeup. Generally not a ton, under eye cover, mineral base, mascara, sometimes eyeliner, sometimes lipstick. If I'm doing something fancy, then I go more all out. I definitely do it for me, to feel good about myself. I have very dark circles under my eyes (my doc calls them allergy shiners) and have had them since I was a teen. I never go out without makeup, as I did once and someone commented how cute I was with my raccoon dark circles! Now that I'm older I also like to even out my skin tone, and mascara holds a curl in my stick straight (although very long) eyelashes. I do like to play with makeup, but most of the time just go for the basics so I feel good about how I look, then I feel more confident.
  • chiroGirl77
    Options
    I do not understand how women do not enjoy making themselves look good. If you have never worn make-up have you ever just walked up to a make-up counter and asked them to do a nice light natural look on you? I just cannot imagine not putting on make-up. At the very least a little eye liner and mascara on with a simple lip gloss before leaving the house. I am a fairly confident person and I really don't understand how women do not enjoy looking like women and looking in the mirror thinking.... dang, I look hot! You can say beauty comes from within.... which it does..... so does confidence..... but a little enhancement to bring out your big eyes or those coveted pouty lips can go a long way! Try it before you knock it.
  • kvogel0906
    Options
    I wear makeup most days. My #1 reason is because I have a lot of redness in my skin which I am self-conscious about. The #2 reason is that I think make-up makes a woman prettier, hands-down. I am happily married, and he loves me either way, buit, I'm tellin' ya, when we are going out and I get all dolled up (NO, I don't over-do it), he's like, "D@^n!!!" Make-up makes me feel better about myselfand I feel like I look healthier, but I'm definitely not the type who won't answer the door or leave the housse without it! :love:
  • debclif
    debclif Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I really hate makeup, I didn't want it for my wedding. I feel it clogs my pores and I do not like the time I have to put into it. I am a pony tail hair girl. I want to get up and leave and not have to worry about remotely trying to impress anyone.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I suppose technically I do!

I'll leave without it, doesn't matter too much to me. I only wear mascara, just because I feel like it helps emphasize my eyes more, not really any other reason.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I do if Im going out but still keep it light and minimal. Daily, its just spf lotion and chapstick for me.
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    i wear make-up.. because it's fun, to me. i used to do make-up.. it was another way to be creative, for me. i wouldn't say i wear it "for" anybody.. i just like putting it on, trying to things, etc.

i do wear it to work, i don't wear it when working out (bad for your skin!).. i wear it a LOT less than i used to nowadays. i actually love having "no-make up days", LOL.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Yup I wear makeup, I wear it because I feel better wearing even a small amount than nothing.

I wear it for myself, for others (men and women) of course I want people to think I look good. It's part of being kept up. I'm also a VERY girlie girl (yes pink is my favorite color LOL). It's also super quick and easy to just throw on some lip gloss, eye shadow and powder and look put together.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Yes I wear make up ! For sure .... Not for anyone other than myself .... I can leave the house without it ... Gym .. No make up ect ... Shopping .. No .. But if I'm out at a function , party , meeting or gathering I feel more confident and I just like it :)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup mainly due to the fact of a time issue and because i wear contacts and sometimes eye makeup irritates my eyes, some days I try to put on some foundation and powder and gloss for the lips for a natural look, the only time I go all out is on special occasions. I dont have to have it on to leave the house though
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    Always always always! I was raised in the south, by a souther mother, we don't go check the mail unless we have our face on. I really don't remember seeing my mom without lipstick except straight out of bed and on her way back to bed.
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Eyeliner & Mascara only. But not every day. And just for me cause I love how my eyes look when I do :smile: