Women - do you wear makeup?

Options

Replies

• 36charlotte
    Options
    I love my makeup! I get compliments all the time. I look sick without it, very pale with freckles. I wear lipstick (the kind that won't rub off) and mascara ALL the time... Even to bed... It is me.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I dont really wear make up, ive got lots of it! I dont know why!! I sometimes just wear eye make-up - mascara, coloured liquid eyeliner or just a bit of eye shadow :) but only ever where it if im going somewhere nice or meeting someone etc.. Otherwise i dont bother.

I wish i could wear foundation to cover up few little freckles ive got by my nose, but im allergic to the thing! My face comes up all red and patchy and is itchy, and doctors told me i was allergic to it. And that was a max-factor foubdation ive got and it wasnt cheap!! =( i cant wear blusher either, ive got really sensitive skin, even nivea cream brings me up in a rash like. Soo i can only wear eye make up! Which sucks =(
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Like foundation, blush/bronzer, mascara, lipstick?
    During the summer, no. I wear lipstick or lip balm every day, though. I'm hands-on and active and I wake up *not* thinking about makeup. I barely remember to brush my hair.

I'm working now, so I do wear it M-F or if I go out with my friends at night. Honestly, my makeup wearing is so subtle that you'd hardly notice I have it on (see my pictures for examples). I have natural shading on my eyelids so I don't wear eye shadow ever. And most of the time, my skin is clear and even so the only time I consider wearing makeup daily is during winter when my colors are faded out. I just like to look vibrant and alive, so I wear it.

Regardless of season, I wear it if I'm going to be around a d-bag or a b*tch JUST to let them know that smart women can also be knock-outs. I don't like the immediate once-over people give me to check and make sure I'm socially up to standard.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss. tis all.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I wear it for me. I feel a lot better in no makeup or less makeup than I did when I was chunkier, but I still feel better with a little bit of eyeliner and a lip gloss than i do with a naked face. I rarely wear mascara... it always bothers my eyes, so I go for liner instead.

I'm wearing quite a lot of makeup in my profile pic. Eye shadow, liquid and pencil liner, a little extra brow color, lipstick with a touch of gloss over top, blush, highlighter on my cheekbones, maybe a touch of under eye concealer because my eyes are really deep set and tend to look dark underneath. I don't think anyone is going to look at that pic and go, "Now there's a girl who wears a lot of makeup!"

I'm an artist. I know what a little extra color and definition can do. So my face is my canvas. I'm just happy that right now, my makeup is about accentuating my face than hiding "problems." Yay for drinking lots of water! My skin has never looked better and I rarely need to use concealer or even foundation anymore.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love makeup. I wear it for me, not anyone else. I've been doing a classic movie star look with it forever. It goes with my style. When I go out to a club I go all out. Bright jewel tones are my favorite. It's an artistic expression. I have good skin though so I never wear foundation, just powder.

I don't wear it everyday. If I'm just staying around the house only leaving to walk the dog then no, I don't wear it. I also don't wear it to work. I work 12 hour overnights. Makeup isn't so pretty anymore after a 12 hour overnight.

Sometimes I'll go light on the makeup if I'm just walking around the city. Eyeliner, powder, mascara, lipstick. But like I said it goes with my look. I tend to dress up a lot.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    to answer the rest of the questions though, it doesn't get much more than eyeliner, mascara and gloss for me. if i'm going somewhere where i have to get glammed..i may add eyeshadow lol. i wear it for me, i like to accentuate my face with small details and i feel this works for me. i don't wear make up every day though, just usually if i have to go to work.

I'm an artist. I know what a little extra color and definition can do. So my face is my canvas. I'm just happy that right now, my makeup is about accentuating my face than hiding "problems."

couldn't have said it better myself
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I wear just a little eyeshadow and mascara most of the time. Sometimes I go to work without any because I'm one of those always running late people:ohwell: I like to take the time to wear a little more on the weekends. Especially if the hubby and I get a date night, I put more effort into it! In the summer I skip all foundation and powder and just do the eyes. In the colder months I'll do more. I don't really do it for anyone else. I've accepted the fact that a lot of other women judge you no matter what and there's nothing you can do about it. My husband thinks I'm pretty with it or without it. Love that man!:love:
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I only like eyeliner to bring out my eyes. sometiems I don't even wear that.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Yuuup. I can leave the house without makeup OR fake tan, never both. I don't think my natural skin colour suits me as I'm soo pale. Even the lightest colour Max Factor foundation shade is too dark for me. Also, because I am SO pale, any spots of redness stands out a lot.

If I have fake tan on, I can go out without makeup. Although I dye my eyebrows and if they've faded, then I like to add some colour to them.

I wear it because it makes me feel better about myself. I look better, and so I feel better and more comfortable. I would honestly freak the **** out if anyone saw me without fake tan and makeup, like compleeetely natural.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if I'm not at work and just going to the shops or seeing friends or whatever, most of the time I just do my eyebrows, and then wear a bit of foundation and a coat of mascara. Sometimes if I have loads of time then I spend ages dolling myself up.

For a night out, well, the whole of Boots goes on my face! Sometimes I've gone on the sunbed, done fake tan, then put on foundation, bronzer, blusher, mascara, fake eyelashes, liquid eyeliner, pencil eyeliner, eye shadow, lip balm, lip stick... And I really enjoy that whole process!

I love the fact that I can be a different person looks wise every day of the week if I so wish :drinker:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I do wear make up most of the time. Mainly because if i 'feel' pretty , it helps me keep to my goals
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i used to like before kids!! lol then i put all my weight on and stopped all together!
    BUT now i have started buying it again and wearing it again feling more like a girl again if you know what i mean!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I used to nearly everyday before kids, but these days it's for special occasions or for when I just want to have some fun. I am seriously into skin care though, so I wear sunscreen, moisturizer, and good chap stick every second.
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    I wear makeup when I go to work because I had a boss hold a meeting when I was younger stating that we had to wear makeup at work and I know it was completely directed at me because I was the only female there who didn't wear makeup, but I don't do much because I do have sensative skin...No foundation..light powder to even skin tones with light mascara and lip gloss usually most people think I don't wear any at all its very minimal. If it's a special event I do a bit more with eye shadow and eye liner to feel dressy and pretty. At home I like feeling comfy and free so casual all the way and make up free. :happy:

I see some amazing things done with eye makeup especially in magazines that I think looks beautiful but I think my eyes are to small for it and that I'd end up rubbing them into a huge mess due to my sensativity to it.
  • SazLouMc
    SazLouMc Posts: 11
    Options
    I do but not to the extreme of not leaving the house without it on.
    If I get chance I put some on in the morning, if I dont, it doesnt bother me.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I wear make up, I like to look like I care about my appearance. I do leave the house with it often. In fact on days i have jazzercise I don't end up wearing it at all.

I also wear it bc I need to even out my skin and my face gets red undertones that I don't like.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Love my make up! I don't wear it when I exercise but I wear it to work and I wear it for me. I love putting make up on. I usually use moisturiser, primer, foundation, concealer, face powder, blusher, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, brow pencil, highlighter, lipstick and gloss... It does sound like a lot, however I dont pile it on my face.
    My skin is quite good and I always keep it moisturiser and clean when I'm not wearing any. My boyfriend says I'm beautiful with or without make up
  • georgiag111
    Options
    Honestly call me a freak haha- I dont own any make up , dont wear make up and honestly probably dont know how to put on make up. :blushing:
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I dont, on a regular basis. You can polish a turd but it's still a turd.