Female age 45-50 with 40-50 pounds to lose?

Options
124»

Replies

• gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    While I'm not female, I'm at the same starting position and goal as you. Feel free to friend me.
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am older than most of you, and have lost weight substantially twice before, but then it piles on again. After falling and breaking my leg and ankle badly, I have had to face how heavy I really am. I have had to spend the last 9 weeks with my leg up for much of the time, but do exercises every morning, and have cut down hugely on my intake of biscuits, chocolate and crisps. Even with very little exercise I have lost at least 11 lbs already, and the difference shows in my clothes. So I now need to monitor carefully my calories, and keep it up! Even over Christmas, managed to limit what I was eating! So MFP seems a great site to check on myself!
  • Florawanda
    Florawanda Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    So are there any MFP newbies in the pensioner age bracket - hoping to reduce the strain on our knees and joints before it is too late - and avoid the dreaded Type 2 diabetes? It is never too late to lose weight! :happy:
  • jgandy4094
    jgandy4094 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Count me in.. I am a 45year old female that needs to lose 50 pounds..:}
  • catrinkatravel
    Options
    Hi. I"m 46 and am hoping to lose about 60 lbs. but my first goal is for the next 120 days!
  • GalAnn
    GalAnn Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a bit older, 55 years and counting. I recently learned of MFP and joined the site with the determination to reach my weight loss and fitness goals. It's been a long journey, many different diet plans with no significant outcome. I finally realized it’s not my diet, I make health choices, it’s my portion control and emotional grazing. I need all the support I can get, and I will give as much support as I can right back.
  • deanap1232
    deanap1232 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well, I just turned 42. I would love to be part of the group. I have at least 50 pounds to lose.
  • Twister51
    Options
    I just turned 60 in Disney World with the grandkids on Dec 27th. I have all the same issues and also have at least 40 pounds to lose. Count me in!
  • rgeisser65
    Options
    Count me in. I am starting again to diet and exercise as I need to lose at least 50lbs. I am 46 and could use a little support. Hopefully I can be a little more successful this time around. :happy:
  • misscabbage
    Options
    I am 50 years old and starting the weight loss challenge again. I have about 50 lbs. to lose as well and could use the support.