Team Nanoose-September Tribal Challenge (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: WEEK 1 RESULTS :bigsmile:

Daily Challenges: 90 points (90% completed-no bonus points)
    Team Challenges 93.33 points (93.33% completed-no bonus points)
    Weekly Weight Loss: 6 points (we lost 6% of our weight in that short week!)
    Bonus Points for the mini challenge: 4

Total points for the team: 190 + 4 = 194*** (the spreadsheet rounds to the next whole number)

:drinker: Keep up the great work team! I'm excited to see what our numbers look like for this week!!!:drinker:

***I'm still waiting on one person's results, so these points could go up. (I entered them as not completing any challenges and staying at the same weight)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Managed to get in 6.3 miles on the elliptical. I'm on track to get all 6 points for the weekly challenge. I'll finish up the daily exercises tonight, tomorrow, and sunday morning.

Edit: I just realized 19.4 miles equals > 30 km (I would totally have crashed the satellite working for NASA) so I'm set on the weekly challenge =)
  • moonnstarz83
    moonnstarz83 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I caught up almost all the way!!

Day 1 complete
    Day 2 complete
    Day 3 complete
    Day 4 complete
    Day 5 ALMOST complete...jacks and squats left!

Whew it was had catching up lol
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    I caught up almost all the way!!

Day 1 complete
    Day 2 complete
    Day 3 complete
    Day 4 complete
    Day 5 ALMOST complete...jacks and squats left!

Whew it was had catching up lol

Nice Job!
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Day 1-all pygmy moves done, all water, under cals, 1.5 miles and an extra 1.5 miles (3 miles total)
    Day 2-all pygmy moves done, all water, under cals, and extra miles (2.48)
    Day 3-all pygmy moves done, all water, under cals, 1.5 miles and an extra mile (2.56 total)
    Day 4-all pygmy moves done, all water, under cals, and I'm about to go do 1 mile (I'm REALLY sore today!)
    Day 5-I my legs were super sore and I have a migraine, so today I did tomorrows challenge (arms) and the split squats. Tomorrow I'll do the rest of today's challenge.

How's everyone else doing?
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Alright team, check in is tomorrow :) How'd everyone do this week?

I'll need you to send me the following info:

Current weight
    # of days the daily challenges were completed (out of 6)
    # of days the weekly team challenge was completed (out of 6)
    # of days you did the bonus (1 mile extra for pygmy or 5K extra for bushmen)

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
  • tanisha1990
    Options
    How everyone done this week?? well i hope
    I managed todo everything but on 1 day and went over my cals which i feel really bad about and im sorry to let the team down :(
    I am looking forward to seeing next weeks challenges x
  • moonnstarz83
    Options
    I was able to catch up with all the challenges! I send my info in!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Looks like we're doing great team!!

Current Weight (NOT lbs lost) 184
    Daily: 5/6 days completed (the workouts)
    Weekly: 5/6 days completed (the water/calorie challenge)
    Mini: 2/3 days (the extra walking, right?)

100 jumping jacks are totally killer for me. I did my today to catch up for Monday. I went home for a couple days, and that's when I missed everything for one day, and clearly had a little gain, but last week's loss was insane. It's probably the water weight back, since I can actually DRINK the water at home... The water here is terrible!

tanisha... No worries! Just one day off is excellent!

moonnstarz... Way to catch up!
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Great job you three! And thanks for getting your info in! This evening I'll post next week's challenges (though you can also check them out here: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/) and if everyone checks in today I'll also post our points for this week.

Great work everyone!!!
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Just another reminder to check in today! I have already received stats from the following people: moonnstarz83, tanisha1990, bens_mommy (who unfortunately can't continue the challenge this month), steph_135, ZannahDia, and myself. So I still need check in messages from 4 of you...just make sure you send them in before bed tonight.

So far I'm really impressed, keep up the great work! I'm going to start doing shout outs to individuals when I post the stats for the week (most lost, etc.). Here is what I need this week:

Current weight
    # of days the daily challenges were completed (out of 6)
    # of days the weekly team challenge was completed (out of 6)
    # of days you did the bonus (1 mile extra for pygmy or 5K extra for bushmen)

Also we need one more person for our team...let me know if you have friends who are interested!!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    Current weight is 290
    I did 6 out of 6 days for the weekly challenge (Friday and Saturday were brutal since I went over my calories and had to burn them off)
    I only managed to get 4 out of 6 days for the weekly challenge though.

I'm confused about why you seperated the weekly challenge and the bonus, I thought they were one in the same.

"Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)"

If they're separate, I got 6 out of 6 for the bonus challenge too.

I leave for Hawaii next week...no idea how I'm going to manage to get this stuff in for that week...
  • moonnstarz83
    Options
    I am so excited that we did so good! GO TEAM NANOOSE! Thanks for all the support everyone, I know since Ijoined late that it was a real challenge to catch up, but I LOVE a challenge! Its even harder working so much and raising my 2 furry kids! I can't wait to see what next weeks challenge is, but we can do it!!!
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My weekly results:

weight: 202.2
    6 of 6 of days exercises completed
    4 of 6 of days team challenge completed (I was in my calorie goals all week but messed up two days of water)
    2 extra miles done today

Hope you all are doing great! I did well on my food, but I was at a cooking competition Friday-Saturday (The team took home 4 trophies - one of which was MINE for 1st place Cream Pie! :happy: ) and so my water intake was really low. :ohwell: Sorry bout that everyone! I'll do better next week! (Although, another cooking comp this Friday-Saturday. Wish me luck!)
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Hey, all! I'm a new member to your team. My old team disbanded this morning, but Sara (scantrll) told me you had an opening, so I filled it! :smile: So, to introduce myself: I'm Shannon. I"m 24 and I've been logging on MFP for about 6 months. I am loving this challenge because I am "that girl" -- who does almost all cardio and can't seem to find the motivation to incorporate strength training. But this challenge has certainly changed that! I'm so stoked to be back on a team!

I updated our captain with my stats thus far... I've lost 1.5 pounds so far and I've done all of the daily and weekly challenges so far, minus that 3-minute bear walk bonus from week one. These were my stats from this past week (week 2):

Current Weight -- 167.5
    # of days of daily exercises -- 6/6
    # of days of weekly challenge -- 6/6
    mini challenge -- 3/3

So far, I have been doing the Pygmy challenges at a minimum... but I add in most of the Bushmen exercises as well. This upcoming week looks challenging but totally doable. I'm pumped to be your newest teammate!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    shannonaufman... Welcome!

scantrll... Great work!!

rtalencar... Excellent job! Sometimes I get confused about what is what and what is separate. I'm kind of relying on Michele to let me/us know if we need to adjust the way we tally or post it. :bigsmile:
  • babybluz33
    Options
    I'm confused about why you seperated the weekly challenge and the bonus, I thought they were one in the same.

"Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)"

If they're separate, I got 6 out of 6 for the bonus challenge too.

So for the BUSHMEN series you had to run/walk/jog ONE 5K this week plus do the calorie/water thing. If you did the 5K and kept under cal and drank all the water you get 6/6 for the weekly challenge.

For each day that you ran an additional 5K you get a bonus point.

So, they way you have it stated I'd be giving you 6/6 for the weekly challenge and then an additional 5 bonus points. {BTW-great work running SIX 5Ks this week--that's amazing!!!!}

For the PYGMY challenge, you get a bonus point for each day you did ONE mile above what was required that day.

Does that make more sense?? So for check-in I need to know the # of days you did a 5k (Bushmen) or mile (pygmy) above what was required. :)

I'll work on making these more clear!
  • babybluz33
    Options
    I'm only missing check-ins for two people now, great job everyone!! Also, as you can tell we have a new teammate: shannonaufman...add her as a friend :):flowerforyou:

Also, we have poodlehepler joining us on the forum. Her participation won't count towards our team points but she'd like to follow along and see if this is something she wants to do next month. :drinker:

Keep up the great work everyone, our numbers are looking great! I'll be posting the new exercises ASAP.
  • babybluz33
    Options
    WEEK 3 –PYGMY SERIES (Beginner)

Welcome to Week 3 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to see what you are really made of! You wanna be a BUSHMEN one day right? Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees*, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees*, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees*, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 6 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 You've now walked 2 5K's this week! See I knew you could do it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this!
    Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

*Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat.

Let me know if you have questions about any of these. Remember you can watch the videos here: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/
  • babybluz33
    Options
    WEEK 3 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Welcome to Week 3 you are at the 1/2 way mark! RAISE YOUR SPEARS! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

THIS IS ANOTHER SPARTAN 300 Cardio Workout Series.
    Attempt to do all of these series at one time. If possible do not break these up along the day.

Day 1 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 50 Windshield Wipers, 50 Kick Squats (don’t pop those knee joints), 50 Globe jumps (each jump up counts as one), 50 Lunges (25 each leg)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus walk, run, jog 5 miles this week all at once. No break , No stopping!

Again, let me know if you have any questions. Videos can be found here: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/