Team Nanoose-September Tribal Challenge (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    So for the BUSHMEN series you had to run/walk/jog ONE 5K this week plus do the calorie/water thing. If you did the 5K and kept under cal and drank all the water you get 6/6 for the weekly challenge.

For each day that you ran an additional 5K you get a bonus point.

So, they way you have it stated I'd be giving you 6/6 for the weekly challenge and then an additional 5 bonus points. {BTW-great work running SIX 5Ks this week--that's amazing!!!!}

For the PYGMY challenge, you get a bonus point for each day you did ONE mile above what was required that day.

Does that make more sense?? So for check-in I need to know the # of days you did a 5k (Bushmen) or mile (pygmy) above what was required. :)

I'll work on making these more clear!

Oh ok...that does make sense. Then yes 5 for the bonus 6 for the daily. I put in 34k this past week. Thanks for clearing that up!
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    From Gary:
    For all you hardcore September Challengers I have a mini-challenge for this week! High Plank to Low Plank! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anVtEmyTIas&feature=youtube_gdata_player It's harder than it looks and at the same time its not as hard as you think! The challenge is to successfully do 100 of these in this week. 20 a day will get you there by friday. You can even do 10 in the a.m. and 10 in the p.m. Let me know what you think. I have posted the video on my blog as well for easy access. www.mfpchallenges.blogspot.com some of you are still requesting videos. Every video is listed here on my blog! Good luck and let's see those planks! This is great for strengthening lower back and core! RAISE YOUR SPEARS! WOO HOO We're almost halfway through September! 240's here I come!
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    I noticed Gary put up a status post saying that the organization side of things is getting out of hand. This sort of stuff I'm pretty good at but I'd like to know how things are being done currently. Is it really just a spreadsheet with groups split up by person logging their weight information?
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    305/500 Crunches

20/100 High-Low Planks

DONE - Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk (WAtP video)

Oh dear lord, those high-low planks are KILLER! I thought I hated burpees, but I think those are my new most hated exercise. :noway: My arms are shaking now. I also did my workout for my other challenges this morning. I think I need to go collapse now. :laugh:

Good luck this week everyone! We can do this. We are strong! :bigsmile:
  • babybluz33
    Options
    I noticed Gary put up a status post saying that the organization side of things is getting out of hand. This sort of stuff I'm pretty good at but I'd like to know how things are being done currently. Is it really just a spreadsheet with groups split up by person logging their weight information?

I think it's fairly simple on my end. As far as the spreadsheet goes, it has rows for each person, columns for each day (separated by week, one sheet for daily challenges, one sheet for weekly challenges). There is a separate sheet within the file that tracks each person's weight. Then all of the points are automatically totaled using existing formulas. It's really simple. I think there are a few problems going on here. 1. People aren't reporting each week, and/or lots of people are dropping out. 2. Gary himself is team captain of between 10-15 teams I think...so he has a much harder task than those of us tracking one team.

**On our team alone, we've had 2 drop out and be replaced. An additional person dropped out this morning and I'm contacting two people about possibly replacing her. Also, we have one person not reporting at all, and I'm considering just replacing her as well. So it's not that the spreadsheet or point organization is difficult it's that getting all the info from people is difficult. If you have any ideas about how to make it run more smoothly, I'd gladly take them :)

I suggested to Gary that he make the point system simpler and consolidate the weekly challenges which may make it easier for people to report to their captains. For example, still have the pgymy and bushmen daily challenges, but have one weekly team challenge that applies to everyone. Then points would be reported: 6/6 daily, 1/1 weekly, plus current weight. Again, I'm fine tracking it how it is now, but those overseeing a bunch of teams might find that easier...and the team members might find reporting those easier. We'll see what happens, but I'll be sure to keep you all posted on any changes!!!

**I'll be posting an updated roster as soon as I have confirmation from the new people. Thanks everyone for sticking with me on this. Hopefully we can get a team together that will stick around and do the October challenge as well!
  • moonnstarz83
    moonnstarz83 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    WEEK 3 –PYGMY SERIES (Beginner)

Welcome to Week 3 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to see what you are really made of! You wanna be a BUSHMEN one day right? Make modifications as necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees*, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees*, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees*, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 6 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 You've now walked 2 5K's this week! See I knew you could do it!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus 500 crunches/sit ups for the entire week! No groaning you can do this!
    Make sure you perform abdominal stretches after the crunches. They are key to a quick painless recovery. You can do the crunches anyway you want 100 a day, 50 in the a.m. 50 at night or all 500 in one day. Its up to you!

*Modification for Burpees - get down on the floor on your hands and knees (four on the floor) and then quickly go to standing position and raise your hands above your head and then immediately return to the 4 on the floor position and repeat.

Let me know if you have questions about any of these. Remember you can watch the videos here: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

We talked about a different exercise instead of the burpees because I am not able to do them...I can't do this one either, so can I still do what we talked about? Also, I cannot do a plank, what can I do instead so we get the bonus?

Thanks!
    Jacki

P.S. I don't mean to be a pain in the butt or a slacker, but I cannot put over 20 lbs on my right hand...and I weight just a bit over that LOL
  • babybluz33
    Options
    We talked about a different exercise instead of the burpees because I am not able to do them...I can't do this one either, so can I still do what we talked about? Also, I cannot do a plank, what can I do instead so we get the bonus?

Thanks!
    Jacki

P.S. I don't mean to be a pain in the butt or a slacker, but I cannot put over 20 lbs on my right hand...and I weight just a bit over that LOL

Definitely keep doing the substitute we talked about for the burpees. As for the planks...I'm trying to think of a good subsititute. I think it should be something arm related, but obviously something you can still do with your injury. Maybe dumbell jumping jacks (http://youtu.be/cZ_aGs2mH7U), with a very light weight so you don't hurt your hand? Let me know if you think that's a good substitute. :)
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    If it's just one arm side planks are fantastic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUGifXahES4

The reach under thing he does toward the end is a very solid core workout, which at the end of the day is the main thing that planks, even high low, promote.
  • babybluz33
    Options
    If it's just one arm side planks are fantastic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUGifXahES4

The reach under thing he does toward the end is a very solid core workout, which at the end of the day is the main thing that planks, even high low, promote.

Ooh that's a good idea, I didn't even think of that. I'm definitely new at this...so all help is appreciated!!

Moonnstarz83-could you do side planks on the non-injured side??
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Phew-Day 1 challenges completed!
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Here's our updated team roster:

Babybluz33
    moonnstarz83
    Tanisha1990
    Ashley26704
    Rtalencar85
    shannonaufman
    Scantril
    poodlehepler
    Steph_135
    ZannahDia

:bigsmile: WEEK 2 RESULTS :bigsmile:

Daily Challenges: 83 points (83% completed-no bonus points)
    Team Challenges 70 points (70% completed-no bonus points)
    Weekly Weight Loss: 2 points (we lost 2% of our weight!)
    Bonus Points for the mini challenge: 20!!!

Total points for the team: 156 + 20 = 176

Weight Loss MVP: rtalencar85 with a 1% loss
    Points MVP: shannonaufman with all points possible + 3 bonus points!

Keep up the great work team! Let's try to make a personal team goal of increasing the weekly team points this week!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Excellent work you guys!! And thanks for all the helpful info in the posts above.

I didn't do the moves yesterday. Sunday is often my best workout day, so I think I'll be taking Monday's off instead and replacing them with Sundays.

There is absolutely no room for me to do globe jumps, so I'm gonna have to make them much smaller, or replace them with something else. They also look hard for the back/knees, and I have to replace/modify things that strain those areas. :ohwell:
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    Excellent work you guys!! And thanks for all the helpful info in the posts above.

I didn't do the moves yesterday. Sunday is often my best workout day, so I think I'll be taking Monday's off instead and replacing them with Sundays.

There is absolutely no room for me to do globe jumps, so I'm gonna have to make them much smaller, or replace them with something else. They also look hard for the back/knees, and I have to replace/modify things that strain those areas. :ohwell:

Globe jumps don't have to be a 'jump'. You can do them stepping, as long as you squat at each station it's still a very good workout. In fact with stepping you're able to squat deeper than you might if you were hopping, which is an added bonus.
  • scantrll
    Options
    455/500 Crunches

40/100 High-Low Planks

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Keep up the great work everyone! :happy: We can do this!
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Great job Sara!!! You kicked *kitten* on those crunches!

100/500 Crunches

15/100 High-Low Planks

Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile jog

• scantrll
    Options
    500/500 Crunches

80/100 High-Low Planks

DONE - Day 1 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

DONE - Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

DONE - Day 3 - 10 Globe Jumps, 10 Burpees, 25 Toe Touches, 25 Squat Kicks, 2 mile walk, jog, run

I went ahead and did two sets of 20 high-low planks today. I was feeling stronger and so I did one set at the beginning of my workout and one set at the end. But now I'm worn out between this challenge and the other that I'm in. But in a good way. :smile:

Keep going everyone! You can do this!
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    I have to burn 1080 calories at the gym today and I haven't started on the challenges...UGH my trip to Hawaii is totally dominating my desire to exercise!!!
  • ZannahDia
    Options
    I've been really pushing it hard this week!

Day 1 Bushmen- Done! Along with 30 Day Shred
    Day 2 Bushmen- Done! Along with 30 Day Shred and 45 minutes at the gym.
    Day 3 Bushmen- Done! Along with 30 Day Shred and 5 miles on the treadmill :)

60/100 Up-down planks.

And so far I have been under my calorie goal and got all my water in :D
  • tanisha1990
    Options
    day 1 compleated all pygym challenges - under cal intake plus lots of water drank - as well as 62 min of dancing

day 2 compleated all pygym challenges - under cal intake and drank lots of water - as well as 52 min of dancing

day 3 compleated all pygym challenges - under cal intake plus lots of water drank - as well as 60 min of dancing

400 out of 500 crunches done so far

60 out of 100 up down planks done so far

looks like everyone is doing great really pleased with everyone :)
    keep up the great work x
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    Anyone up for a sub-challenge this evening? I haven't done any of my planks yet, but anyone want to try to break 75 by tomorrow morning? I will be shooting for that, and a little competitiveness never hurt anyone =)