Outwit the Chubby~ ☆SKINNYS☆~Sept Tribal Challenge (clos

Options

Replies

• u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Last post tonight, honest... ;-)

I finished my challenges for the week, was under on calories every day, and drank more than enough water.
    I also successfully completed Week 2 of C25K today and walked another 40 minutes after that was done. I am feeling really good and I've lost another inch off my waist this week and I've really tightened up my legs--especially the top part--more than I ever thought possible. (I'm starting to get runner's legs!!! Me!!!)

All that to say... I am annoyed that I have to report a gain this week, but I'm not going to let it get me down because I know I'm doing everything I ought to be and I've consistently been pushing myself harder than ever to get into good shape in all areas, not just weight. And also, because Mommaski was kind enough to be open with us all about her struggles with the longstanding plateau, it encouraged me to remember what everyone said to her and not let myself get too discouraged about the plateau I've been on all of September. I know I'm doing the right things and I know that if I just keep doing the right things, it will eventually catch up with me and I'll start losing again. In the meantime, I'm just going to keep working at this because turning back is not an option and I have no desire to start stuffing my face with junk and lying around just because I don't like what the scale says. So there. :wink:
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just dragging in at the end of the week. SO tired but I'm about to pound out my weekly challenges!! SO glad everyone did so well and that you know the true meanings behind the names! :)
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Hi, team... I noticed that Gary put the bear walk back on the pygmy challenges this week (boo!!!), and I really need to find a substitution for that. As soon as I start doing it, it screws up my shoulder so much that it's days before it finally stops grinding and popping and that is just not worth it to me. So... what would you suggest as a substitute? I was thinking 10 burpees? Or I don't know... even 20? If I take care to use really good form on burpees, I am able to do them now without hurting my shoulder or knees. Let me know what you think.
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi, team... I noticed that Gary put the bear walk back on the pygmy challenges this week (boo!!!), and I really need to find a substitution for that. As soon as I start doing it, it screws up my shoulder so much that it's days before it finally stops grinding and popping and that is just not worth it to me. So... what would you suggest as a substitute? I was thinking 10 burpees? Or I don't know... even 20? If I take care to use really good form on burpees, I am able to do them now without hurting my shoulder or knees. Let me know what you think.

I don't know how anyone can assign themselves burpee's!!!!! You might want to pick something else that's easier on your shoulder!!

When I get back to work (and not on my phone) I'll post the challenges. I see Gary just put them out:)

Kcgslp- I play bass guitar :). Not much singing for me. Back up only!
  • tagrady
    Options
    Week 4 BUSHMEN Series
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 4 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week FOUR Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 s

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Week 4 Pygmy Challenge
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 4 –PYGMY SERIES

Week 4 Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 4 you are the PYGMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100
  • u2fergus
    Options
    I think part of your message got cut off for the pygmy challenges... either that or Gary REALLY decided to go easy on us this week. :wink:
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options

Kellie I'ts probably too late but how about a wall sit instead of the Bearwalk. It seems to use the same muscles and you could try to do it for 3 min.
    (My daughter once made a "wise" remark to her volleyball coach and had to sit in a wall sit for 30min. Needless to say she kept wise remarks to herself from then on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDjKeOCgisw&feature=related
  • kiltbunny
    Options
    Happy Tuesday SKiNNYs!!

Kellie - hope that shoulder is feeling better! Mine has been tweaking a little... woodchops with a 10lb weight didn't help! :) Also – how are you doing on that minigoal? I know you had a bit of a plateau week, but hopefully you are seeing some measurement results.

Jessica – how is your mom? My mom fell and twisted her knee a few weeks ago. SO glad I don’t live at/near home and have to take care of her. I know, I’m a terrible child!!

John – We must all have shoulder issues right now!! Go easy on those pull-ups! Just because you CAN do them doesn’t mean you should OVERdo them!!

Tracy – Really hope your schedule is settling in. I could never imagine needing to be a superwoman like you are!

KCG – Wall-sit is horrible… I’m sure your daughter regretted every second of it.

Keep up the fab-u-less work everyone!!!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Hey! My mom is doing okay, turns out she actually broke both arms. (I know way to go mom!) So, she's having a bit of trouble but what can you do?!

Hope everyone is having a great day. Mine's packed with studying sadly. Exam at 2:30, and then an exam tomorrow night.

Wall sits are painful, but definitely good for your thighs (or so I hear)
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Well, I tried the wall sits, but they really hurt my knees. (I know, I know... I sound like an old lady) I think I might just do some extra pushups and crunches instead. I want to get back to working my core again, and that seems like a good way. Hope everyone's having a great day! (And that your mom starts having a better one, Jessica. SUCH a bummer that she broke both of them!) :(
  • tagrady
    Options
    I thought that post looked short for 2 series of weekly excercises!!!!!!!!!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 4 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week FOUR Daily Exercise Challenge

Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 4 we’re are stepping it up to another level!Raise those spears!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Four Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week.(3.1 miles) Each team member needs to do an additional 400 crunches for this week! If you have a full team of 10 people that is an additional 4000 crunches. You hate me now but you'll love me come October!

************************************************************************************************************************
    Week 4 Pygmy Challenge
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 4 –PYGMY SERIES

Week 4 Daily Exercise Challenge
    Points.

Welcome to Week 4 you are the PYGMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT!

Weekly Team Challenge - as a combined team effort attempt to reach a goal of an additional 2000 crunches. For a team of 10 that would be an additional 200 crunches per team member over a span of 6 days! As always water, calories!
  • tagrady
    Options
    How are all my pygmy's and bushmen doing??? We're all starting to fall apart aren't we!! Shoulders, broken arms, mental breakdowns (lol)......you name it! I'm pushing though, and I see all you awesome tribal warriors are too, great job!!!

I'm up to date on all my challenges, but I have to admit that i'm doing them pygmy style. In my past, I would have eaten through all this stress in my life. I'm learning to change, and pushing through the challenges (tripping over children :bigsmile: ) but i'm not able to be a bushman this week. I am however happy and proud to be a Pygmy...becasue it's a whole lot better than the fat duck I was before! (I don't know why, but when i'm heavy, I always think I look like a duck!)

I hope everyone keeps on keeping on. We've had some great losses this week!

I'm sad to say that we are down two members. sharesb & kristinmarkist. I tried to reach out to them last week & this week with no luck. No hard feelings, we know it's tough, but if you stop by the forum say hi!

OUR BIGGEST LOOSER LAST WEEK.......DRUM ROLL PLEASE.......

LMMILLER1 WITH 3.6 LBS OR 1.9%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

other very honerable mentions...............

Heofon 2.2lbs 1.1% great!!
    tagrady 1.8 lbs 1.1%
    kcgslp 1.4 lbs 1.1%

Kiltbunny 1.4 lbs .8%
    szczepj 1.5 lbs .8%

Great job everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Congratulations, losers! (haha... that sounds mean, but speaking as someone who gained last week, I mean that as a compliment.) :laugh:

Challenges for today and yesterday... done!
  • kiltbunny
    Options
    This is the only time in my life I've ever been happy to be a loser. :)
  • tagrady
    Options
    This is the only time in my life I've ever been happy to be a loser. :)

and your SUCH a BIG LOSER!! :bigsmile:
  • lmmiller1
    Options
    Its good to be the Biggest loser for last week....but I think It has gone to my head:frown: I have been the biggest slacker this week instead of trying to continue to be the biggest loser. I just thought that if I let y'all know I was slackin, y'all would give me a good kick in the butt to get it moving again. So go ahead and let me have it...yell at me..whatever you think would help me get up and excited about it :wink: Thanks guys!!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    You can totally be the biggest loser again this week! :) I know it! Keep it up because you can only feel better and better when you keep doing it!
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Challenges done! Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, so I'm hoping for a little joy this time...

I was looking back today at what I weighed a month ago from today and it was 236.5. And then I looked at what I weighed last week... 230.6. So... maybe that doesn't quite qualify as a plateau after all. :) I think it just feels like a plateau because I'm putting in enough effort that it seems like I should have lost a heck of a lot more than that by now. As long as it's going down over time, though, that's all that matters. This is the way to take it off and keep it off. And I'll just tell myself that as many times during the day as I need to hear it (ahem... that means A LOT).

Night, Skinnies!! :)
  • tagrady
    Options
    Challenges done! Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, so I'm hoping for a little joy this time...

I was looking back today at what I weighed a month ago from today and it was 236.5. And then I looked at what I weighed last week... 230.6. So... maybe that doesn't quite qualify as a plateau after all. :) I think it just feels like a plateau because I'm putting in enough effort that it seems like I should have lost a heck of a lot more than that by now. As long as it's going down over time, though, that's all that matters. This is the way to take it off and keep it off. And I'll just tell myself that as many times during the day as I need to hear it (ahem... that means A LOT).

Night, Skinnies!! :)

that's awesome!!! Totally not a plateau! I think sometimes we weigh ourselves SO OFTEN (myself included) that we feel like we're seeing the same thing all the time!

stupid scale was up .2 again this am. :grumble: Stupid scale:grumble: i'm working too hard for this! These last 8 lbs (or 5 depending on how i feel) are going to be tough!:grumble:
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Challenges done for today.

After all that effort last week... only down 1.2 lbs this week. I'm kind of annoyed about that, but since there is truly nothing else I can do about it, I guess I'll just have to be happy with it.

Oh, and by the way, when MFP looks at your calorie deficit and tells you how much you should weigh in 5 weeks if you eat like this every day........

THEY ARE LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grumble: