5'0-5'3 What are your goals?

Options

Replies

• feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (and maybe a half, but who's counting?) and my goal weight right now is 135. That may be unrealistic, as the last time I was that weight I was anorexic and people told me it was like "hugging a bird". But I'm just taking it 10lbs at a time right now, and we'll see how I feel.
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm 5'1'' and currently at 119-120 down from 143 (and 150 at highest!). It's a nice number and I'm not pushing myself hard nowadays but that means I've more or less stuck! Looks like I'll need to step it up for this last leg.

I'd like to get down to 102-105 ideally since my frame is rather small, but a steady 110 wouldn't hurt my self-esteem either :D
  • BetsyC23
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" with a small-ish frame and I have a goal around 120 but I"m more focused on seeing my body fat % come down. We bought a scale that measures body fat and bmi (Withings) and I've hovered between 29-30% for the past couple months. In the past three months I've really tried to up my exercise by taking up road biking and for the past few weeks I've been using MFP. I've lost a total of 8 pounds which is great. Old clothes are starting to fit and I love that. But, that said, I don't think it makes sense to carry around stuff that doesn't help me. I'd love to get that fat % down.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, large frame, I want to wear size 8P or smaller so maybe I have to go down 150 lbs.
  • Fuji2688
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP but saw this topic and being short I had to chime in!

I'm 5'3 and currently 139, I believe at my heaviest I was about 150 from living off college food and not exercising, and my goal weight is to be back down to my pre-college weight of 125. I loved the way I looked at 119, but I would rather look more toned than skinny at this point in my life, so I think 125 without flabby arms is a great set point for me that still allows me to splurge upon occasion without breaking the scale.

I love all the different responses on here, it just goes to show how much beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Goal is 154 by xmas (this is my lightest EVER as an adult and 15 years since I saw it).
    Then 147 by Valentines as it brings me near the BMI weight for me..
    Somewhere around then I'll be 'seeing' how I feel about my weight, how I look and working out my fitness training to get me looking better. I am concious at that point to look at body fat and increase muscle. At the moment I'm losing, although I'm riding and will be working out at Uni I'm aware I may be losing muscle along the way.. but that can soon be added. :)
    Sorry, it's not as simple as just a number for me! lol
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    goal number one is 250 by christmas '12- then i'm gonna do slower, moderation-based weight loss plan to hopefully get down to 125, but if i don't make it i'm fine with that :D
  • fieldfare
    Options
    I'm 4'11'' and 100lb, was 105lb when I joined MFP in May, lost 21lb before that - think I need to lose at least another 5lb.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    What a great thread !! I love how everyone has different goals and ideal shapes!

I'm 5'0 - my current goal is around 120 lbs / 8.5 stone. I'm not too bothered about weight though , I'd just like to look leaner and more toned.
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 105-107. I have a very small frame, currently 23% body fat at 110 pounds, which doesn't look bad in clothes, but it's definitely "skinny fat" or whatever. I'd like to get to around 18% body fat, then I will really be at my goal... whatever weight that is. My highest weight was 135, and it was pretty, um, round. I carry it all between my waist and knees :(
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and would like to weigh 110.
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I was in great shape when I was about 25 years old... even after having 3 children... as I was strength training. I loved my shape and being slim and firm and strive to get back there. I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 130 lbs... 3 lbs heavier than I was at 25. :happy:
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    5ft 3 Goal is 120 hoping to reach 125 by nov. 22 (125 was my original goal and i started dieting nov. 22 2010) hoping to be 120 by Christmas :) hopefully my body cooperates
  • Iam_ooky
    Options
    5 feet goal is 140 to 130ish
  • blizzy1
    blizzy1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'2" and maybe 1/2". I currently weigh 176 I just want it all off .. now of course. Realistically if I can lose 1/2 - 11/2 pounds a week that would be awesome. Today has been a good day. I still have water to drinkj and then go to bed. I hope tomorrow will be a good day too.

To everyone out there happy healthy eating and exercising :smile:
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and a half, and my goal is 120, because that's what i was three years ago before I gained 30 pounds. I know what I look at that weight, so I know EXACTLY what to look forward to. Of course it would be wonderful to go padt that, but when I started this I promised myself to at least try to get back to my previous weight. Only 16 to go!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal range is 115 - 120...which means at least 20 pounds to go!
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 0"! I'm currently at 139lbs after 4 weeks of MFP. My goal is 120, although my overall goal is to be healthier and more toned. Doin' good so far! :)

Keep on trucking, shorties!!! ;)
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Good luck with your goals, everyone!
  • laurelei09
    laurelei09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options