Who do you blame for your weight gain?

Options

Replies

• Animaniac87
    Options
    Haha, what a loaded question.

I used to blame my sisters, they were so thin and perfect I felt I could never compete so why bother? I'd rather enjoy life than try to lve up to their reputation.

Then I got married and gained a lot more weight, and I would blame my husband because he loves to eat, and to eat late (2 or 3am). We would get McDonalds at 2am go home eat it, and be asleep by 3am. Which was AWFUL! It was easy to blame him, he took the blame, accepted it, and felt bad. But then one day (about 2 months ago) I realized....

I am the only one to blame. I was the one who compared myself to my sisters, no one else did. I didn't have to be skinny like them, just healthy would have been fine. I didn't have to eat that late with my husband, I could have helped him have healthy habits as opposed to adopting his bad ones. I was just too LAZY to do anything about it. My laziness has accounted for 75% of my life's problems I was just too stubborn to believe it. Then one day I had an ephiphany and realized I am the cause and solution to all my weight problems. So that's when I joined this web site and joined a gym. Been a whole lot happier since that day!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    my partner 100%! when I met him I was 9st11lbs and a 27inch waist. then he would cuddle up with a 12inch pizza and take away and that led to me going to 13st and 33inch waist and him gaining 3st also. Iv also had a baby boy but its not his fault as that weight came straight off

Just curious, why is it all your partner's fault? Aren't you the one who ate the food?
  • HappyLuna
    HappyLuna Posts: 112
    Options
    my partner 100%! when I met him I was 9st11lbs and a 27inch waist. then he would cuddle up with a 12inch pizza and take away and that led to me going to 13st and 33inch waist and him gaining 3st also. Iv also had a baby boy but its not his fault as that weight came straight off

Just curious, why is it all your partner's fault? Aren't you the one who ate the food?

Its hard to blame ourselves, and easier to blame others. Sometimes its best to not ask that question. Just observe where that person is in their journey, and hope that your thoughts can influcence them and make them think. Direct questions can usually have the opposite affect.
  • alexisrebecca
    alexisrebecca Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Myself!!! When I moved in with my now fiance I weighed about 11st, I am now nearly 13st :/ we became very content with our lives, ate out a lot aswell as take-aways....we have both put weight on but do not blame each other. When you become an adult I believe that you are solely responsible for what you put in to your body.
  • alexisrebecca
    alexisrebecca Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I blame Father Christmas, the Easter bunny and mainly the inventor of chocolate! :laugh:

:laugh:
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    I do actually blame my boyfriend slightly, hes really toned and can eat whatever he likes but he has an active job. He binges on junk every single day and orders take outs around about 4-5 times a week. Whenever hes going to order hes like 'Tanya u better get something or im not eating' and it makes me feel bad, chinese and pizza shops dont really have healthy choices...
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Myself.

Is this supposed to be a trick question?
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I blame the girl who rear - ended me at the stop light! (At least the most recent gain of 30 pounds since last October) I could only stand for an hour a day total! (bathroom trips with help of hubby, get easy food, get meds / ice paks ...) Thankfully, its been almost a year and I'm about 85 % better. Now, to lose that 30 pounds ...
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Well, my dad plied with a lot of candy growing up, but no, I don't blame him-especially since I don't have a sweet tooth.

I blame myself. I like to eat.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I blame the government and all of their nutritional "experts" for pushing the wrong macronutrient on us. I mean c'mon they are telling us to eat more whole grains than fruits and vegetables!! Something is wrong there.

I track carbs (get them from veggies, berries and some nuts). I track protein - sort of - and I eat unlimited fat. Had 54g of fat already today (was just curious about my typical breakfast this morning so I logged it - I usually don't).

We see calories. The body sees fuel, not calories.

Oh, you're one of those..
  • smcandee
    smcandee Posts: 23
    Options
    Initially i blamed my parents as a child "oh ur plate is finished? have some more.. slop!" but as i got older and had kids.. its mah fault.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hmm that's a tough one, I'd have to say it's this guy about 6'1" balding, just keeps food coming when I'm stressed, happy, sad, bored, tired, he wears glasses, hmmm kinda looks like m,...... Damn it's me, I'm to blame, well that sucks! :noway: :grumble: :ohwell: :frown: :embarassed:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    there are other people i do kinda blame at different times in my life for encouraging but at the end of the day i shoved it all in so i can only blame myself really.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I BLAME YOU QUICHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil-Monkey-family-guy.jpg
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I blame Mother Nature and Father Time. @(#*$% perimenopause and slowing metabolism!!

Oh, and my employer for giving me a nice paycheck to sit on my *kitten* all day.

And then there are the kids!! But they are grown and gone now so I guess I need to stop blaming them.

And the wine makers of the world.

Hmm, I'm sure there is someone else ...
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I BLAME YOU QUICHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil-Monkey-family-guy.jpg

No not the Quiche! Quiche is our friend, Especially with little chunks of Brie and Gruyere (sic) cheese. With heavy cream and whole eggs, and a little sour cream to smooth it out,....Okay ya it's the Quiche, ya Quiche is bad.....:sad: :cry:
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    i cant agree with anyone who would blame someone else. that might earn me some negative feed back, but we are all relatively intelligent human beings. we know what you should or shouldnt do to gain/lose weight, and its all personal choice once you become old enough to feed yourself.

But it's not that simple. I didn't make a choice to become fat, because I was already obese by the time I was 10 years old. That is not my fault. It's not my fault that my mother taught me that eating a frozen TV dinner was a healthy choice. Yes...I was old enough to feed myself. But I had never been taught proper nutrition, and even if I had, I was 10 freaking years old.

I take responsibility for my weight once I became an adult. I cannot take responsibility for the fact that my mother raised an obese child.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    i say its Obama's fault! or wait, is it George Bush? One of those guys!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    i cant agree with anyone who would blame someone else. that might earn me some negative feed back, but we are all relatively intelligent human beings. we know what you should or shouldnt do to gain/lose weight, and its all personal choice once you become old enough to feed yourself.

But it's not that simple. I didn't make a choice to become fat, because I was already obese by the time I was 10 years old. That is not my fault. It's not my fault that my mother taught me that eating a frozen TV dinner was a healthy choice. Yes...I was old enough to feed myself. But I had never been taught proper nutrition, and even if I had, I was 10 freaking years old.

I take responsibility for my weight once I became an adult. I cannot take responsibility for the fact that my mother raised an obese child.

I completely agree with this. Parents who fail to teach their child healthy eating habits have to bear some responsibility when the child becomes overweight.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    myself!!
    I'm a small boned 5'8" woman with the appetite of a linebacker.

And from time to time I have made the choice to eat like one too, without the working out. lol