Stay-At-Home Moms Ringing in the New Year 12/29 to 2009!!!

Replies

• I'm sorry to hear that MM. I'm going to continue to pray for you and your family
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Bless your heart, MM-- so sorry for your news-- sending you big Garden State hugs-- :heart: :heart:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    MM-sorry to hear this news. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Wow so many stay at home moms. Hoping everyone has a wonderful new year and 2009 brings us all joy with our families!!

Alisha:smile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    MM - just wanted to let you know that I'm still thinking of you, sweetie. Hope you got to go to Alex's therapy today & it wasn't too difficult on you. *hugs*

Loki - I hope you find a new gym! That sucks about the Y! That's one of the reasons I don't have a gym membership. The only place around that has daycare is the Y & that membership is waaay expensive. Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess. :grumble:

I hope everyone has a lovely Monday evening! I'm off to try to finish Turbo Sculpt. I sent DH to the grocery store by himself for the first time in YEARS some I'm dreading what he'll be coming home with. Probably some twinkies at least. :noway:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I had a good day because DH was home to keep me entertained. We went to Alex's therapy and I enjoyed watching that. He seemed to have a good time. Then we ate and after a break we went to a park and helped Alex in riding his tricycle. DH wanted to get me out of the house as much as possible since I hadn't been out much and he thought it would be good for me. He was right. I am very tired tonight though. We walked a lot at the park. It seemed like a lot considering I hadn't walked in over 5 weeks. I hope I sleep good. Alex is going to a friend's house in the morning and DH is going back to work. I hope that I don't fall apart again in the morning. I've done enough crying for the rest of the year, which is what? Two days? I am going to try to get some cleaning done and then paint on Alex's bed. I may not do much physical activity but I have to keep myself busy.
    So today was good and I hope it only gets better. I know the grieving isn't over but I would like a break from it.
    I will see you all tomorrow.
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    I'm glad today was a good day & that you'll have some time to your self tomorrow. Still praying for you, my dear. *hugs*:heart:
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    MM - I just can't imagine how you are feeling. I wish there was something I could write that would be so wise that it would make you feel better. While I am trying to think of what that could be I hope that my prayers for you and your family will help.
  • MM- Its so good to hear that you had a good day, my prayers are with you

Uh-Oh girls I messed up a bit today, 3 peanut butter cookies and some BBQ chips that were not allotted in my calories for today:ohwell: But :ohwell: ast night was horrible with Ayden, he was strugling with gas and trying to poop, I felt so bad for the little guy, I was up til 1:30 walking him around the house, that seems to be his new comfort mechanism, great for me to burn some extra cals but my back is killing me and its just boring n almost exhausting in a way. All that walking and bouncing and burping to get him to nap for 30 min not to mention my room is utter chaos so Ive been trying to clean it during the day while he cat naps but I've barely gotten anywhere and that means Im not napping, n when hubby comes home hes barely a help, I have to ask him to do anything he doesnt just offer to take him so I dont have to pace the floor for the hundredth time today. And sometimes when I try to vent to him about how tired and sore I am, he just tries to prove that hes worse off by saying well I worked all day. and I know that majority of the time hes sitting on his *kitten* doing nothing, ugh he makes me sick!

ugh sorry for the vent I'm just super tired n really stressed and I just want Ayden to goet to bed so I can pump n get to sleep, ugh n I wish he wouldnt struggle to poop.... give me some hope, when does it get easier??? When can I get a full 8hr night of sleep? I feel like an old granny, every joint aches and my musces ache from working out and not having enough sleep to recover and lately Ive been getting migraine headaches A LOT, like once or twice a day, life kinda sucks at the moment, I just want sleep:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Good morning ladies. Starting my work day here at my computer, although two hours later than I should, but kids are out of the house until Wednesday, so I could be a little lazier. Did actually make it to the gym yesterday, and now I'm SORE :sad: No pain, no gain, as my dad used to say. Planning on going again this evening, if I can get these sore muscles stretched out enough. Hope you all have a wonderful, productive day!

supermom - I promise it does get easier. How old is Ayden? Adorable pictures by the way. Unfortunately each child is different. You mentioned before that you give him formula at night. Sometimes different types of formula can constipate children. After my daughter was born, she was "colicky" according to all the experts. But I didn't believe that a child cried for no reason so I started evaluating my diet and found out that when I ate any wheat products, she became extremely gassy and constipated. So I stopped. Aaahhh, the peace. And I lost a ton of weight because those cookies and cakes that I loved so much were not worth the peace and quiet and sleep I was able to get that night (by the way, what cruel person invented peanut butter to taste so good anyway). Since it worked so well with my daughter, I also did it with my son. Sometimes their systems have trouble digesting food in the first year, but after that first year, she has absolutely no food allergies at all. But hang in there. You're doing great! It is truly trial and error and A LOT of sacrifice, which you seem to be doing beautifully.

Do you have any friend or relative that would be willing to watch the beautiful baby maybe one day every other week? I do that for my sister-in-law just to give her a chance to not have a child attached to her 24/7 (her husband doesn't offer much help, so sometimes I think she's like a single mom).

MM - I hope you're able to get some rest today while your men are out of the house. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • 3babybeans
    MM- Its so good to hear that you had a good day, my prayers are with you

Uh-Oh girls I messed up a bit today, 3 peanut butter cookies and some BBQ chips that were not allotted in my calories for today:ohwell: But :ohwell: ast night was horrible with Ayden, he was strugling with gas and trying to poop, I felt so bad for the little guy, I was up til 1:30 walking him around the house, that seems to be his new comfort mechanism, great for me to burn some extra cals but my back is killing me and its just boring n almost exhausting in a way. All that walking and bouncing and burping to get him to nap for 30 min not to mention my room is utter chaos so Ive been trying to clean it during the day while he cat naps but I've barely gotten anywhere and that means Im not napping, n when hubby comes home hes barely a help, I have to ask him to do anything he doesnt just offer to take him so I dont have to pace the floor for the hundredth time today. And sometimes when I try to vent to him about how tired and sore I am, he just tries to prove that hes worse off by saying well I worked all day. and I know that majority of the time hes sitting on his *kitten* doing nothing, ugh he makes me sick!

ugh sorry for the vent I'm just super tired n really stressed and I just want Ayden to goet to bed so I can pump n get to sleep, ugh n I wish he wouldnt struggle to poop.... give me some hope, when does it get easier??? When can I get a full 8hr night of sleep? I feel like an old granny, every joint aches and my musces ache from working out and not having enough sleep to recover and lately Ive been getting migraine headaches A LOT, like once or twice a day, life kinda sucks at the moment, I just want sleep:sad: :sad: :sad:

Okay. first things first. The gas....have you tried bicycling his legs? Put him on his back & run his little legs like he's riding a bicycles. Bring his knees to his chest, stretch him out, give his abs a little work out.
    Next, pooping. If it gets too bad, ask your dr. about diluted pear/prune juice. Micah had problems with this when he was that little & the answer turned out to be 1 oz of diluted pear juice once a day or once every other day. It worked wonders. But make sure to ask your dr. first b/c they might have a different opinion on that one.

Diet (like iftcheiaf said) might be a culprit, too. My kids couldn't stand ANY kind of caffeine. One had problems with onions & tomato products. One had problems with dairy & wheat.

Next, the DH. *shakes head* I think every mother at some point in the first 3 months (or longer) could write this about their SO. It just doesn't come as naturally to some men. They don't realize that a baby is a 24 hour a day job & NO ONE can work 24 hours straight (on any job) without some help from someone else. One thing I would suggest doing is asking your mom to watch Ayden for a little while & you & DH go out of the house to a park or a restaurant or something. Talk to him in a calm matter (while the baby isn't crying or needing something) about how much work he really is & how you feel about it. Give him SPECIFIC suggestions on how he can help you more. Some times they just need things spelled out. :grumble:

The migraines: make sure you're getting PLENTY of water. Even in the middle of the night when you're up with him, make sure you drink a little water. Dehydration can be a culprit especially while breastfeeding & your hormones are all over the map.

The sleep. Ummm...sorry. 8 hours is a miracle in my house any more. BUT, Ayden will start sleeping longer & longer & you'll feel a little more refreshed every time he makes that stretch last a wee bit longer. Not to depress you, but my boys didn't sleep through the night until they were 9 months old. My daughter (b/c she loves me more :bigsmile: ) was doing it was 2 months. I had to "sleep train" my boys but my ped. didn't recommend doing that until after 6 months. Sleep is a tricky thing, especially with a newborn. Does he nap a lot during the day? Maybe try keeping him up some more so he's super tired at night. If that doesn't work, do yourself a favor (at least every other day) and nap with him for one of those naps.

Those are just my little nuggets of "wisdom" on what I've experienced. It WILL get better, but try to focus on the positives of a newborn sometimes, too. Trying to get my 3yo to cuddle with me any more requires duct tape. :grumble:
  • 3babybeans
    Good morning ladies. Starting my work day here at my computer, although two hours later than I should, but kids are out of the house until Wednesday, so I could be a little lazier. Did actually make it to the gym yesterday, and now I'm SORE :sad: No pain, no gain, as my dad used to say. Planning on going again this evening, if I can get these sore muscles stretched out enough. Hope you all have a wonderful, productive day!

MM - I hope you're able to get some rest today while your men are out of the house. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Good morning! Enjoy your kid-free time! If I were you, I'd still be in bed thinking, "NO KIDS! I CAN REST MORE!" LOL Have fun at the gym!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    MM - I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. I'm still thinking about and praying for you.

supermom - *sigh* Don't you just love it when your SO doesn't help because he's "worked all day"? Men can be so clueless and not realize that you need the help. That's the way my DH is. He's even told me to go take a nap and rest and then wake me up every 15 minutes to ask what kind of snacks Darrell can have, where the saucepan goes, how to wash Darrell's cup. It's rough, but when your little bubba is so small, you need the help. 3BB had a good suggestion. Just go out the two of you and let him know very gently that you need some help. You'll get through it. These first months are always rough. But when they start sleeping through the night, all sorts of new challenges begin. Treasure your alone time with him at night and just watch his little face. Every day I wish I had done that more with Darrell. Now he doesn't even look like the same baby. But he does look like a beautiful little boy.

So what are the plans for New Year's, ladies? We've got some bubble wrap for Darrell to stomp on, and a bottle of champagne, and...That's about it. DH has to work in the morning and there's NO WAY Darrell's staying up until midnight, so...nothing exciting here. I hope someone is doing something exciting!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Friends,

Heidi (pronounced Haiti-- the little girl I told you about-- ) is going for surgery at 10:00 this morning. The surgery will be for her back, arms, legs, face and ears. Please pray that the surgeries will be successful and that there is no infection. Heidi has been sedated with Morphine but still has times of terrible pain, especially when they change her bandages and treat her wounds.

Heidi’s grandparents will accompany the bodies of her parents and sister to Mexico tomorrow for burial. Most of her dad's family and much of her mother's family live in Mexico. Martha, my nephew's new fiancee, and her older sister Geramina are staying in Hershey to be with Heidi.

Brian, my nephew, flew home last night to take care of year end activities at his work. He hopes to wrap up by noon tomorrow, and will be driving back to Hershey in a few days with his father, my brother, Mike.

Please continue to pray for this family, for little Heidi, and that my nephew will stay strong. He has shown himself to be truly a good man. My brother should be proud.

God bless us all this day, my friends!
  • iftcheiaf
    So what are the plans for New Year's, ladies?
    Well, it's the end of my pay period, so I'll be working right up until midnight to get that last little penny (working for hospitals from home means there's never lag time). Kids are going to be at their other father's house, so I tend to keep busy when I don't have them. DH wants to take a picture at 11:59 to close out his photos for 2008 and another at midnight to start his photos of 2009. It will be interesting to see if he can stay up that long. When the kids are away, it's our work/sleep time. But then we're having a huge sleepover for both my daughter and son January 1st night, so sleep will be much needed.

Hope everyone will be safe. That night scares me as badly as Christmas Eve because there tends to be so many irresponsible drivers out. Be careful ladies.

BTW Loki - love the bubble wrap idea. Sounds like fun! Get in a few pops for me :)
  • mechanicmom
    Hey everyone,
    I can't stay away, what can I say? I feel emotions tugging already this morning but I don't feel like crying today. I have too much I can do. lol I don't know that I will get a work out in but the house is so messy, it will be a work out in itself! I am also going to start painting on Alex's bed again. I've been missing that.
    Marla, keep us up to date on Heidi. I can't really dwell on something that sad right now but I will be praying for her and the family.

Plans for New years? Sleep! Unless we decide to go to San Antonio Wednesday night, we will be leaving Thursday morning to go.

My hubby said the sweetest things yesterday. We of course have not had much physical contact over the last five weeks. :blushing: So he's been...frustrated, but really good about it. Yesterday he said he has been more in love with me over the last five weeks! What? How does that work? Can I get it in writing? He also said he has a new respect for me and what I do around the house and with Alex! Can I get that in writing too?! He doesn't just make up stuff so I know it was from his heart. It was good to hear.
    Have a good day!
    MM
  • iftcheiaf
    Marla, keep us up to date on Heidi. I can't really dwell on something that sad right now but I will be praying for her and the family.

My hubby said the sweetest things yesterday. We of course have not had much physical contact over the last five weeks. :blushing: So he's been...frustrated, but really good about it. Yesterday he said he has been more in love with me over the last five weeks! What? How does that work? Can I get it in writing? He also said he has a new respect for me and what I do around the house and with Alex! Can I get that in writing too?! He doesn't just make up stuff so I know it was from his heart. It was good to hear.
    Have a good day!
    MM
    Marla, talked to my kids and husband about the little girl's situation and all she lost and all she has to endure in the upcoming time. They're in our thoughts and prayers.

MM - You go girl with your wonderful guy. Husbands can be really wonderful that way. On a day to day basis, they may miss the mark, but boy, can they aim, shoot, and score big time when you really need it the most. It's wonderful to hear how much he appreciates you and all you do. You deserve it.
  • mechanicmom
    can they aim, shoot, and score big time when you really need it the most.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm such a perv! :blushing: I guess it's been awhile for me too!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry that was bad.
  • Thanks everyone for letting me vent and for all the good advice. Im just getting really stressed with Ayden seeming like hes in so much pain, and it makes him want to cuddle more so Ive been letting him sleep on me at night and that means I dont get very good sleep so all that added up makes me stressed and angry n I used to go to food for comfort but now that I'm trying to lose weight and be healthier I cant just grab a handful of cookies like I used to and chow down. Part of my frustration yesterday was caused by the fact that I gave in and ruined my calories for the day, but I also worked out so maybe it wont be too bad, I weighed myself this morning n I was still 159 like I was on Sunday so thats good.

The funniest thing happened, Ayden was eating and I was reading everyones posts about enjoying him now and I looked down n he just looked so adorable n peaceful n then he let a big fart out n kinda smiled. It totally caught me off guard:laugh:

I read everyones posts n Marla your family is in my prayers n MM you n your family are also in my prayers. I'd reply to everyone else individually but Ayden just got done eating n wants to be walked around again, more gas. Hope everyone has a good day
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    MM- I'm so sorry for your loss..I know what your feeling I've been there 3 different times..Just keep strong and know that we are all thinking of you n prayin for you..

3BB-What did your puppy get into..Sometimes animals amaze me the trouble they get into...My boxer once chewed up over $500 worth of stuff in my house including my entertainment center just cuz I did'nt take her to town with me..I was soooo mad.. Hope your dog gets better soon..

Mel-I will keep Hedi in my prayers n thoughts..I hope everything goes ok with her..

Well ladies I'm runnin a day behind..I had my breakdown Christmas Eve n Christmas Day..It was horrible..I'm not exnagraiting*....I destoryed a flower from my Dad's funeral that I was keeping(but I have more)...I took all the ortaments off the tree Christmas Day and lets just say I need a new tree..I was soooo overcome from all my feelings that I guess I blacked out in my rage fit..No my childern did not see any of this but they did come and talk to mommy when it was all done...My bf kept the kids busy playin n he kept an eye on me also..He just let me get it out..I think I really needed it but not killing the tree..I needed a new one anyways...I hope no one thinks I'm crazy, I just had to get those feelings out, I couldnt keep them bottled up any longer..I guess I was overcomed by all the pain and grief..I'm not nutts ladies I promise you...

Now to the weight thing..Even with the hoildays I have manage to lose another 2 pounds..WOO HOOOOOOOO I am now down to 191lbs..The scales are finally moving the way I want them too..I have lost a 104lbs in 2 yrs..WOW can you believe it..Thats a whole person I have lost...Just wish it was the person that liked food so much..:laugh: But for any of you ladies that are struggling just think it took me 2 yrs to get all that off..We didn't put in on overnight and it wont just melt away..We have to take it 1 pound at a time...Well I'm off to get busy with house work..Hope everyone is doing ok today..Later all..

P.S. I'm not crazy.....