Stay-At-Home Moms Ringing in the New Year 12/29 to 2009!!!

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    P.S. I'm not crazy.....

Nope, you're a SAHM! Sometimes we get confused with crazies! :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    The funniest thing happened, Ayden was eating and I was reading everyones posts about enjoying him now and I looked down n he just looked so adorable n peaceful n then he let a big fart out n kinda smiled. It totally caught me off guard:laugh:

Harley does that. She's bottlefed formula with iron so she can be quite gassy. I'll prop her up against my knees. She'll fart real big and smile. I'll ask her, "Are you poopin' on me?" and she''ll laugh.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    can they aim, shoot, and score big time when you really need it the most.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'm such a perv! :blushing: I guess it's been awhile for me too!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry that was bad.
    Then welcome to the perv club. I think it's called married with kids. But we miss out on in reality, we have to make due with our mind. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wow, I missed alot after I got off here yesterday morning! I dont have alot of time this morning, but I do want to say to MM I am sooo very sorry for your loss:cry: I know you said that your doing better today and Im glad to hear that, but please, please still take it easy! Dont try to do to much to fast. You have been through so much physically and emotionally this past 5 weeks and your going to need time for yourself to try to re-coup (sp?). It sounds like you have a wonderful, understanding parter and we all know you have a beautiful, healthy little boy. Take comfort in them:heart:
    Marla-I will most definately keep Heidi in my thoughts and prayers today:heart: So much for such a little girl to endure!:cry:
    lenece-Christmas trees are replaceable! Sometimes we need to just let it all go and have a little (or a big?) rant like that. I hope you enjoy the rest of the holidays and congrats to you on the weight loss!:drinker: You have come a long way and you should be very proud!
    3BB-I havent caught an update on Floyd today...I hope hes continuing to improve:heart:
    supermom-Vent here anytime!:wink: Good luck with getting the time to have a one on one chat with the hubby and getting him to understand:heart: He just might surprise you:wink:
    Well, have a wonderful day everyone! This year is almost at an end and I hope you all see it out with all the love and happiness that each one of you deserve:heart::flowerforyou:
    Hugs for you all:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm done. I cleaned for an hour and that's it. My legs are jello. Lol. But the house is cleaner! And I finally burned some calories!
    Gotta love those babies and their gas! Not to get too raunchy, but I have to tell a quick story. I thought it was funny. Alex is 3 and he's always been a gassy baby/kid. He came running into the living room and he was tooting the WHOLE way, with every step! He giggled really hard and said, "Do it again!" Oh boy. You just can't help but love them!
    MM
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am truly appreciating kids at this moment - it is quiet time at my daycare and I just love how they fight it swearing that they don't need to lay down - then they're out within five minutes. We are supposed to go sledding after quiet time so I better get everyones snow clothes ready. Have a great day everyone.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I am truly appreciating kids at this moment - it is quiet time at my daycare and I just love how they fight it swearing that they don't need to lay down - then they're out within five minutes.
    EVERY NIGHT, my son starts his sentence with "I don't want to go to bed. I'm not..." and ends it almost with a snore. And every night I tell him, baby, we both know how this is going to end. But I almost think of it as part of our "change into PJ, brush teeth, read story, argue with mommy" ritual.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    ok, this is going to be long lol

iftcheiaf- I hope you can make it to th gym, your sore muscles will feel better once you stretch them out again. Ayden is 6 weeks old almost 7wks, I've already cut onions n dark green leafy veggies out of my diet... I do eat whole grain bread everyday so maybe I should cut that out too.... ugh breastfeeding is so difficult. My mom watches Ayden everyonce in a while so thats helpful.

3BB- Ive bicycled his legs, rubbed his tummy, given him gas drops ugh I dont know what else to do. I've called my dr's office n they always say its normal for babies that are breastfed to go 2-3 days inbetween bowel movements so its normal, ugh I tell them he seems like hes in pain n they just say that its the gas but dont give me any suggestions how to help him. Im hoping hubby n me can go out for dinner andtalk this all out, I guess I'm expecting too much of him, hes a first time dad too n hes not around Ayden all day like I am so he doesnt really know what to do. I drink a lot of water so I dunno whats causing the migraines. Hopefully I can get more sleep, *fingers crossed*

Loki- That happened to me the other day, I woke up with a pounding headache so I asked hubby to take Ayden so I could get a little extra sleep n then he kept coming in to ask me questions :explode: I'm going to take you n 3BB's advice n go out and have a nice talk with DH about everything. As far as New Years plans, DH and I are going to his aunt n uncle's house to celebrate with his family but I doubt we'll stay there til midnight, baby and me are going to be too tired lol

Marla- again I just can't believe all that has happened, I will be praying for the whole family but especially Heidi, she has a long hard road ahead,

MM- I know what you mean about DH being frustrated mine hasnt gotten any in quite a while lol, that was so sweet of your hubby too, even though Im a little upset with mine I still have to say guys can be great when you really really need it. YAY for cleaning!!

lenece- No one thinks your crazy, we all go a little insane around the holidays lol, Congrats on losing another 2lbs!!! :flowerforyou: Thats amazing! People like you inspire me to keep going, knowing that if I do set my mind to it and stick with it the lbs will come off :happy:

loree- :laugh: Ayden always toots on me lol I just wish he wouldnt struggle with them so much

Roni- I hope talking to hubby helps too I just cant take feeling like I'm doing this alone anymore Hope you have a wonderful New Year :happy:

guntherma- My mom used to run a daycare in our house, it was so funny, everyone would want to keep playing but as soon as the TV was off and she made us all lay down on our "nap mats" we'd be out like a light so fast lol Have fun sledding :happy:

Ok ladies, today seems to be going a little better still no poo since a little under two days ago, but the gas isnt as bad. hes just chilling in his bouncer right now talking to the TV so I can rest and get a snack for a bit, I've found more n more that I really need snacks inbetween meals, it really helps keep me from grabbing something I shouldnt or getting too large of portions at meals, aahhh I can feel the lbs melting off lol yea right, hopefully hubby or mom gets home sorta early so I can go on my run/walk tonight before it gets too dark, Hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    supermom-there is this stuff called Gripe Water that my baby's doc swears by for gassy babies (google it) maybe worth looking into.

Sorry I've been busy today so I'm just jumping in for a moment.
    Hope everyone is well.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    supermom-there is this stuff called Gripe Water that my baby's doc swears by for gassy babies (google it) maybe worth looking into.

Hope everyone is well.

Ive seen it at babies r us, maybe Ill buy some n pray SO hard that it works lol
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Hope everyone is well.

Gripe water? I'm sure my husband would swear that's what's in MY bottle. :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Hope everyone is well.

Gripe water? I'm sure my husband would swear that's what's in MY bottle. :laugh:

You better check that lable, Marla! LOL
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Dana - *hugs* This is your first Christmas w/o your dad. Cut yourself a little slack. If you needed to beat the *kitten* out of the tree to feel better, it happens. No harm, no foul. You've been under an incredible amount of stress & it just came out that way. If it happens again...well...then you might have some bigger issues, KWIM? *hugs* Brush yourself off, throw out the tree & keep on moving forward.

I forgot what else I had to say. My memory was much better on the proud thread this evening. I need to get to bed anyways. DH is off to work at 3:30 am tomorrow so I'm sure that's when I'll be up, too. :grumble:
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Good Morning Ya'll :happy:

Happy New Years Eve:drinker:

I hope everyone stays safe tonight and has plenty of fun. I'm pumping then going to get breakfast n then taking Ayden on a walk since I didnt get the exercise in I wanted to yesterday. Ok well I'm sure I'll be on later, if not have a Happy n Healthy Day!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I will be busy today getting ready to go see my family tomorrow. I was thinking I'd be more excited but it seems kind of bittersweet. My DH wants me to go to church on Sunday but I'm not sure I am ready to face people yet. I'm still battling my emotions. I might start bawling when I see my mom or something. I'm feeling emotional today, but I really don't want to cry. I am already feeling super tired, even though I slept good. I guess my body is just tired. It's been through a lot. I'm ready to be balanced out again.
    So if I am not on much this weekend it's because I am having fun with my family! Also it's hard to get on a computer at their house.
    See you all next year if I don't check in later today!
    MM
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommies!
    Im off to a late start today so I wont be here very long. I just wanted to wish you all a very safe and fun New Years Eve and to remind everyone that if you go out tonight....PLEASE BE SAFE and SMART! I love you all and will see you again in the new year!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:
    Big hugs to you all!
    ~Roni
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Ok what does KWIM mean..lol and what does DH stand for I see that alot in ur yalls post..lol I'm not up to date on things...

Suppermom-I heard pepermint water was good for gassey babies also...

Well I'm pleased to say I will bring 2009 under 200 pounds..WOOOOTT WOOTTTT:drinker: :drinker: I am now down to 190 lbs as of today..I am so proud of myself..I cant believe how much change I have made in my body, my looks, my life...I have about another 65 pounds to lose..I know I can do it..I'm soooooooooo happy.....
    A very big part of me will be very glad to see 2008 to go..The last year of my life has been a living hell in alot of ways...I lost my house that I was buying cuz the ppl renigged on the contract so I had to move 3 days b4 Christmas in 2007..Then in April 08 my ex husband left me n my kids with $15 :mad: and the months between then n my divorce I found out he was cheating on me for 2 yrs and even in my own home...Finally my divorce was final in August and then in September I lost my Dad, which has been hell on earth..We've been through so much with that, even my childern have been through hell this last year...I did meet my bf and hes been great....I will be soooo glad to see 2008 behind me...
    My goals for 2009 are to make myself happy and keep my childern as happy as possible..To keep staying healthy and continue to lose weight..And most of all to be the best person I can be....
    I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year.....Stay safe all n HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :smile:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    DH = darling husband (or dumb husband, depending on the day :laugh: )
    KWIM = know what I mean
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Way to go Lenece on the weight loss! It sounds like this has been a really tough year for you, and I hope 2009 pans out a whole lot better! You're already doing an awesome job with your weight loss, so there you go!!!

Ladies, I have a question. How do you deal with people that you see in the "outside world" that you used to work with? One of the women I used to waitress with now works at DH's workplace. Darrell and I went in to see him today and bring him some lunch and I saw her. She and another woman were oohing and aahing over Darrell and then she looked at me and said, "Oh, I know you!" So we were chatting and she asked me where I was working now. I told her I worked at home with Darrell taking care of him and the house, to which she said, "Well, honey I do that too, what ELSE do you do?" "That's it. I just keep house and take care of Darrell." "Well, that must be nice." It wasn't the words, per se, it was the tone, like she was saying, "Well, little miss spoiled brat, you sit at home and eat bon bons all day, while I'm making an honest living." :explode: :explode: :explode: DH and I struggle so that I have the opportunity to stay at home with our son so I can watch him grow and see everything and so that he isn't holed up in a daycare for his entire childhood. It just made me so angry. When did being a SAHM turn into something to be pitied and ridiculed? It's the hardest job I've ever had. I would love to dress up every day and go to fancy lunches and have actual conversations with people who aren't 18 months old, but it's important to me to stay home. I think it's just fine if people want to work, but I don't judge them the way I'm judged sometimes for choosing to stay home. GRRRRR. Sorry for the rant, I just got really angry. I just laughed it off like, "Oh yeah, I don't do anything hahaha..." but inside I was boiling. DH noticed I was getting offended and since he's her boss, he told her to get back to work. :laugh: I just wonder sometimes if I should really stand up and say something when people say things like that, because it does happen quite a bit. Or maybe they're just jealous that they have to work so they put me down. I don't know. What do you guys think?
  • loreeb18
    Options
    I've been lucky enough that the people I used to work with are jealous that I get to stay home with Harley while they still have to work. :laugh:

Just say that you feel it is more important to you to be home with your little cutie and that you don't want to miss a thing. Say you're selfish and you want to make sure you are the one to see all of his firsts and not a babysitter. Or just tell her "Back of bi-atch!" Okay, maybe just think that last one. :laugh: