Slytherin Common Room :)

Options

Replies

• emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like the goal of adding exercise minutes!
    I also like the drink water challenge...maybe pick a day and then everyone reports how many oz drank that day!!Winner gets bragging rights?!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Adding extra exercise minutes sounds great.

I am seriously lacking for upper arm strength, so I am all for some kind of push-ups challenge one week.

I was trying to think of other things for future weeks, too - like water challenges especially since a lot of people have a hard time drinking all their water. I don't know about in our group, and I seem to be doing okay so far. Miles challenges are always good, too.
  • poorcopies
    poorcopies Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am going to try and do the extra 15 mins per day, I am doing some extra circuits for my other challenge group I'm in, so that'll count! I am away at the weekend though, but they have a gym and pool so will still be able to get my exercise in!
  • poorcopies
    Options
    How is everyone midweek?
  • almostgoth
    almostgoth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How is everyone midweek?

Doing well. I survived 3 birthday parties and still managed to drop weight :) I have a way in today at my doctor's right after my Juijitsu class, which means I'll be very light ;)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Hey, Slytherin!

Just to remind you guys, the Inter-House Challenge is all about exercise minutes (1 minute=1 House Point). This is for all the Houses no matter what and you can count ANY exercise (cardio or strength training). Any other challenges you guys have are up to you, but you can count the time you spend on them towards House Points :)

If you haven't already, check out the official rules to the Inter-House Challenge and try to meet those deadlines or your progress won't be counted each week.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bronwenhilary/view/hogwarts-inter-house-challenge-143613

It looks like you guys are having fun so far, which is great! Good luck!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    Triathlon this SUNDAY!!!!
    Also my 25th Birthday!!

NSV: tried on my triathlon suit and it's too big!!! Just got back from buying new pants so they don't fall off :laugh:
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Triathlon this SUNDAY!!!!
    Also my 25th Birthday!!

NSV: tried on my triathlon suit and it's too big!!! Just got back from buying new pants so they don't fall off :laugh:

thanks awesome!! Congrats!!!
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    So I was a little absent last week! Sorry guys and gals!!!

To if everyone likes doing the challenges, here are some for the week:

Keep up with the extra 15 minutes per day of exercise if you can.
    Keep your water intake up. Drink a MINIMUM of 8 cups per day. The more, the better.
    My third challenge to you all is to come up with your own weekly challenge! Pick something that you want to achieve by the end of the week and do it!!

My goal is to burn 4,000 calories this week.

What is your's going to be??
  • SKP1986
    Options
    My goal will be to get to at least 30, but really pushing for 50, wall push-ups by the end of the week. Right now I can only do 10-12, which is far better than the 3 girl push-ups I can do on the floor LOL!

So we'll say 30 is my goal and 50 is my expert goal. xD
  • poorcopies
    Options
    My goals is to walk 10 extra miles this week.
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    My goal for this week is a mental one...I want to say something positive about myself every night before bed and right it down.

I have been very negative towards myself recently
  • poorcopies
    Options
    That's a good goal to have! If you think more positively about yourself it has a huge impact on your eating / exercise habits anyway.
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Hey everyone... So I'm sure you've all noticed as well... our Head of House has gone missing. I just looked at her profile and she hasn't logged in for 4 days and hasn't posted anything in either Slytherin forum since 9/8. I also sent a PM to the person in charge of the whole thing and she hasn't gotten any point updates for our house since it started. A lot of members of the House have also disappeared. I've been keeping track of everyone's stats that is still updating. I really do not want this group to die out and I would love to be able to get it more involved and more challenging.

So now for the big question - Would everyone be ok with it if I took up the role as Head of House? If everyone agrees we can start fresh on Monday and I will pick a new Prefect. You all are fantastic and as I said above, I really really want to get more from this challenge/group to help ALL of us! Let me know!
  • janiecorona
    Options
    I'd definitely be okay with it. (: Keep us informed on the going ons. I do my check-ins every week but don't really know why! Haha
  • SKP1986
    Options
    I am totally okay with it. I do not want this group to die either, and you've been doing SUCH a fantastic job as a Prefect. HoH is just one step up, right? Go for it!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    sounds good to me!! I hope she is ok!
  • Reneda
    Reneda Posts: 140
    Options
    I think you would be awesome as HoH..!! i'm glad that someone is stepping up.. i have emailed our former hoh on a few occasions offering help and she never accepted.. if you need me to do anything, let me know. can we also open our house back up since we seem to be losing members?
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    Options
    I think you would be awesome as HoH..!! i'm glad that someone is stepping up.. i have emailed our former hoh on a few occasions offering help and she never accepted.. if you need me to do anything, let me know. can we also open our house back up since we seem to be losing members?

I think that is a great idea!
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Hi again! Thanks so much for the support ladies!! So here's the deal - I contacted the person in charge yesterday and she wanted me to post what I did yesterday to see what you all think and to also send an email to bubbles143, which I did to get a response. She never responded and you all agreed so she has officially named me the new Head of House!! Woot!! Get ready for it because this is going to be more involved and we're gonna rack up those house points!! :)

I'm going to take this weekend to get us all re-set up. So watch out for 5 things:
    1) A new forum. I'm just going to start completely fresh . It will just be plainly called Slytherin Common Room. I'll let you all know when it's up. Should be by Sunday night the latest.
    2) I WILL be opening it back up as we started with about 20 people and we are down to 9. I'm thinking that I will be able to handle about 25 or so people. That's the number of some of the other houses have. I want to keep it open because I want people to be able to join in on the fun and use it for the motivation aspect. Once I feel like I can't handle the number anymore, I will close the group. I'm hoping that doesn't have to happen, but we'll see how it goes.
    3) I am also going to create (not really) a new Slytherin badge for us. It's just going to be the crest of the House.
    4) I will also be choosing a new Prefect and will announce it by Monday! (I'm also captian of another challenge that starts Oct 1., so whoever is the Prefect will have some duties to help me out!! :smile:)
    5) By Monday, I will also have an exercise challenge and a food challenge for the week posted in the new forum!

Again, thank you all for your support in the change and I look forward to really getting this group up and moving!! :wink: