when could you tell a difference.

Options
13»

Replies

• babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    i had a few people notice the difference now at an 18 lbs weight loss. I don't see it yet..from previous experience for me.. i have to lose 20 lbs to go down a size.
  • slippymcgee
    Options
    Sometimes other people are hesitant to say anything... for whatever reason- not wanting to hurt feelings, or knowing that acknowledging another's loss makes them have to look at themselves. Keep it up though! You will notice a difference eventually. Taking pictures every 4-6 weeks is a great way to really see the weight loss.
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have ONLY lost 20 lbs this whole year but my inches are going. I would look at me in the mirror the rolls and the tiger marks from my son and see no improvement. I put on a dress that was "just right" when I was 20 lbs heavier and it now has a few inches loser where it was tight. It is hard but trying on those close you bought because your wardrobe shrunk over night now after you dropped a few you can tell the difference, some where and soon you will be able to shop you closet for those items that "shrunk on you weeks/months/years ago.
  • missduffbug
    Options
    I have lost 31lb now and I dont have to pull my feet up to the side to put buckled shoes on - I can lean down and do it! It feels fab xx
  • lbb05
    lbb05 Posts: 14
    Options
    i think im like you i was 205 to start and i really didnt look like i weighed over 200 pounds i have always caried my weight very well you may have more muscul mass to make you weigh more and i started to tell a diffrence at the 10 pound mark i think it just depends on how much weight you have to take off.... and some one told me the other day most people wont say wow your loosing weight because there jelious and when people see your doing so good they want to compete with you and i think thats very true
  • kelleman1
    kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17 lbs, and no one has noticed yet. But we just recently moved so I don't see a lot of people who might be able to tell.

We won't be going home again, I don't think, anyway, for 7 more weeks. Hopefully by then I'll be 30 lbs down and people might notice then! :)
  • Nichole90
    Options
    how long did it take you to lose 11 pounds??

its been about a month and half :)
  • cheryl72076
    Options
    I was once told by a dietician that sometimes people dont look like theres been a change until 50lbs (WTH?!). I have lost nearly 40lbs and I think I notice around 25lbs. I noticed more so in the way my clothes fit but now that I look at before and after pictures I think WHOA because there's definitely a difference, lol. Keep putting the work in and you'll notice for sure.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Do comparison pictures. I have lost 21 pounds and couldn't really SEE a difference. Sure I had to get a belt, then I was belting it at smaller sizes, and even when I went down a size in pants I still couldn't really see a difference. So last night I had my husband take "after" pictures for my 21 pounds lost. Then compared them to the "before" pictures. And man, can I tell a difference when those pictures are side by side!

So, my advice would be to start taking pictures. Do it weekly, or do it every 10 or 20 pounds..but do it on a regular basis. I did these picture at about 20 pounds lost, and plan on doing every 10 pounds now.

God bless!
  • cheryl72076
    Options
    I was once told by a dietician that sometimes people dont look like theres been a change until 50lbs (WTH?!). I have lost nearly 40lbs and I think I notice around 25lbs. I noticed more so in the way my clothes fit but now that I look at before and after pictures I think WHOA because there's definitely a difference, lol. Keep putting the work in and you'll notice for sure.

oh and in my FACE!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!