Fat Loss for Football Challenge (CLOSED)

Options
Heeeeeyyy girls... and guys... maybe... not sure. haha. I'm super excited about this!!

First of all, we've decided to do 2 groups of 5 with myself and ChristmasCrystal being the team captains! :) That pretty much only means that we're the ones who collect info about our team each week and put it up on the blog and message board!

Here are the teams:

Team 1

WanderLaura
Shalynna89
rebecca_florida
EricaVR
mistylee0104

Team 2

ChristmasCrystal
myboysmomx2
darzaga
mimisue23
jjbraid

We need to come up with team names, so suggest them on the message board!! :)

Here are the rules: each week, starting thisThursday, the 1st, we each come up with individual goals for weight loss, exercise, personal stuff, and whatever else. Each of the 2 groups comes up with a group exercise and weight loss goal. The third thing will be that every person will set a goal for her favorite sports team!! Now, since we are all at differing weights and exercise regimines, everything will be done by percentages. For example: say I want to lose 2 pounds the first week, run 8 miles, and drink 14 liters of water, if I do all of these things, I get 100% completion, but if I run 4 miles, lose 1 pound, and drink 7 liters of water, I only get 50%. That way everybody can set their own goals, and we can still have a clear winner!! This will work the same way for the group goals!!

To keep things simple, try to keep your individual goals to a max of 2-3 a week (for this challenge) and the group goal at 2!

I'm so excited!! Everyone try to get your goals posted on here and on the blog before Thursday!! Let's make it our Challenge goal to have all 10 people still in it at the end of the month!! :) We can do it!! YAY! oh... and Roll Tide. :) hehe.

Replies

• danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    the SEC East v. SEC West since WanderLaura is a Tide fan.
  • WanderLaura
    Options
    Haha!! Great idea!! If Crystal's group doesn't have any SEC west fans that will be great!!!
  • ChristmasCrystal
    ChristmasCrystal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh sad! You have both of my friends lol tomorrow's gonna rock! I can't wait to get started =)
  • WanderLaura
    Options
    Haha, sorry Crystal!! I didn't mean to do it that way!! It'll make it more of a competition for you guys, though! haha! I'm so excited!
  • ChristmasCrystal
    Options
    No worries! We're still playing the same game. I really like how this is set up btw. We're gonna rock it! Hmmmmm.... team names.... how about.... Hmmmmm.... lol let me think about that some more =)
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oh sad! You have both of my friends lol tomorrow's gonna rock! I can't wait to get started =)

That's OK Crystal, I don't want to be in a group led by a Packer fan anyway! LOL

Anybody else an NFL (vs NCAA) fan? Chicago Bears, baby!
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Big NFL fan here:) Only I'm a Philadelphia Eagles Fan!!
    I'm excited for this challenge! Thanks for setting it up:)
  • mimisue23
    Options
    I'm excited to get started! I don't care what my team name is....I'm an Oklahoma State Cowboy and a Dallas Cowboy fan...so, I guess a Cowboy all around!
  • WanderLaura
    Options
    I'm trying to become an NFL fan!! haha! I didn't grow up with a team, though, so I'm trying to find one that I like!! I LOVEEEEE football, so I know I would love it just as much as college!! I'm so excited that you guys are so excited!!
  • EricaVR
    EricaVR Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm a NFL Bears fan too (Rebecca_florida is my sister)! And I have a lot of Eagles on my fantasy team, lol! We're gonna have a great team!!
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to get started! I don't care what my team name is....I'm an Oklahoma State Cowboy and a Dallas Cowboy fan...so, I guess a Cowboy all around!
    I'm a Oklahoma State fan too..I lived in Ok for a little while growing up:) I'm a bigger University of Utah fan now though just because I live in Utah now and my family are big fans.
  • jjbraid
    jjbraid Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a Saints fan. But I think the name We Dat fits
  • jjbraid
    jjbraid Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    WLG-2lbs
    EG-Start new Kettlebell routine
    PG-Cut back on after 8:00pm snack (even if they are healthy and I need calories)
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm going to assume the weekly challenges run from Thursday to Thursday? This week is going to be hard since I'm going away for the holiday weekend, but there is a gym and tennis courts, so no excuses!

Week One Individual Goals:
    1. Lose 1.5 lbs (I've been stuck in a rut with the same couple pounds for a few weeks now!)
    2. Burn 3,000 calories (yikes!)
    3. Average 8 glasses of water per day (this is hard for me when I'm not in the office)

For Team One (Laura's team) - my suggestions...
    1. Team Name: Gridiron Girls?
    2. Team Goal for Week One: 50 sit-ups/crunches every day?
  • danizaga
    Options
    good morning everyone! i'm not really big on the NFL but i've been following the Steelers and more recently the Jets. i love me some mark sanchez.

i like rebecca's team challenge and for team names love We Dat
  • ChristmasCrystal
    Options
    Hey guys! HUGE Packers fan here.

Group name suggestions:
    Pigskin Skinnies
    Touchdown Beauties
    First down to Healthy

My goals:
    Lose 1lb this week
    Minimum of 10 cups of water daily
    On top of my weekday workouts I need to go to the gym at least once this weekend (either Friday, Saturday or Sunday)

Group Goal suggestions:
    Try a new cardio workout this week
  • danizaga
    Options
    does anyone in here spin? or tried? that's a killer workout
  • mimisue23
    Options
    My weekly goals...

1. Lose 1.5 pounds
    2. Zumba at least twice
    3. No soft drinks!!!! (not even Diet Coke!)

I'll tune back in later to check on the team name and goals.
  • EricaVR
    EricaVR Posts: 10
    Options
    My goals
    1. Lose 1.5 lbs this week
    2. Add new excercises - esp. strength!
    3. 8 glasses water!!

Team goals....
    I like the suggestions about trying new workouts or crunches every day... we could also try a group weight loss goal like group to lose 8 lbs together, or something...

9639355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mistylee0104
    mistylee0104 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Go Colts!!! I'm really excited about this challenge...I've only lost 6 lbs in the last 9 weeks so shedding the rest of this weight will be awesome!

My Goals for Week 1:
    1. Lose 2 lbs (I'm really going to push it at the gym this week)
    2. Burn 3500 calories (I can do this!!)
    3. Log my food everyday (I sometimes skip a day here & there)