Obligatory "what do you look for in a spouse/partner" thread

Options

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    OK, On pissing the bed...

Story 1: 6 people - one hotel room - concert - all Marines & their Significant Others. 3 of us in one bed. I wake up soaked. Marine in the middle of myself and another girl pissed the bed. I'm soaked... In hot Marine piss. Guess what?? That's not hot.

Story 2: Dating someone my age. About 3 months in, wake up soaked. Do you see a theme here?

Story 3: First Date. After dinner drinks. Conversation leads to "you into anything weird?" To me, this means... is the foot of the bed OK? No. He admits he gets a power trip off a golden shower. Date... Over.

Seriously, I'm lowering my standards to: Does not wet the bed or piss on me.

Honestly I think it just depends
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Jeez I thought I was kinly cause I like to use ropes and I am very rough.

Groan! That's it. I'm giving in to the inevitable and really learning how to knit.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hmm one other major important thing.. MUST HAVE been BORN with male parts... Umm went on a date thinkin it was a man looked like a man talked like a man wasnt a man.. woooo date over.. Im not judgmental of anyone but be honest going into it ya know? So I guess my number 1. Must be MALE LOL
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Yeah, now that I think about it, I'd give up everything else on my list for one thing.

Hockey Player. <3

I married one, becareful what you wish for.. when you playfight, they throw hipchecks that'll knock you into the next room. Seriously, I've been flown through drywall. hahaaa

Hahaha. I can imagine!
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options

Story 1: 6 people - one hotel room - concert - all Marines & their Significant Others. 3 of us in one bed. I wake up soaked. Marine in the middle of myself and another girl pissed the bed. I'm soaked... In hot Marine piss. Guess what?? That's not hot.

Story 2: Dating someone my age. About 3 months in, wake up soaked. Do you see a theme here?

Story 3: First Date. After dinner drinks. Conversation leads to "you into anything weird?" To me, this means... is the foot of the bed OK? No. He admits he gets a power trip off a golden shower. Date... Over.

Jeez I thought I was kinly cause I like to use ropes and I am very rough. No peepee for me please!

Yay, Yippe cowboy
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Jeez I thought I was kinly cause I like to use ropes and I am very rough.

Groan! That's it. I'm giving in to the inevitable and really learning how to knit.

Dark colors only please. There is a reason ym friends call me the man in black. :-)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Jeez I thought I was kinly cause I like to use ropes and I am very rough. No peepee for me please!

Yay, Yippe cowboy

mmmmm hrmmmmmm
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I kinda see the theme, that all those guys needs depends..

Or a stadium pal?
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Many giggles from reading all of the posts. This has been fun!
  • SoldierDad
    Options

Yay, Yippe cowboy

mmmmm hrmmmmmm

:wink: :devil:
  • SoldierDad
    Options
    Yeah, now that I think about it, I'd give up everything else on my list for one thing.

Hockey Player. <3

I married one, becareful what you wish for.. when you playfight, they throw hipchecks that'll knock you into the next room. Seriously, I've been flown through drywall. hahaaa

Hahaha. I can imagine!

I played baseball & football. Texas and hockey aint a great mix darlin though the Stars are cool.
  • scarieshoney
    scarieshoney Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Is familiar with tooth bush and floss and uses them daily.
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    Is familiar with tooth bush and floss and uses them daily.

Haha I would hope they do!
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Has a job/car
    has a penis
    Has a pulse
    That about covers it and you'd think it would be easy to find....huh not so much!

LOL!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    1 I am a country girl at heart
    2 I am HUGE country music fan
    3 love kids I also have a child of my own
    4 I love country boys
    5 some one who has a big chevy truck
    6 I am a horse fanatic
    7 I am married...
  • Jeliica
    Jeliica Posts: 41
    Options
    I don't like men who drink or smoke, I think its disgusting and I can't stand the way they behave. One or two drinks occasionally is acceptable.

Has a job. Please be able to accept responsibility and support a family.

I want children, so a loving father is admirable!

Goals. Top priority. A person who is willing to have goals and be motivated to obtain them can set their mind and do anything possible.

Looks wise, we all have something we are attracted too in each person we've met. I'm not an o-m-g, he has to look a certain way. I met some amazing people and spoken to them and felt attracted to them and honestly, if I past them on the street, I wouldn't have given a second look. You all can agree!!!

Honesty. I want someone to tell me the truth. I'm a blunt person and I expect the same back. Tell me when I'm wrong, when I'm eating unhealthy, when I'm being lazy, help MOTIVATE me to be the person I should be!.

Educated. In this society, without some education you can't get far and to support a family this is a plus.

Plus factor* I'd appreciate someone adventurous! I'm such a home body that I need someone to take me bungee jumping, sky diving, rock climbing, etc. So many things I want to do!

Obvious things like, smart, fun, can make me smile, etc etc are all great qualities. I have soo many, but when you find the right person, you'll find new things you like!

For all you single guys and gals, good luck to finding that spouse/partner/significant others. And for you taken folks, kudos to you and best wishes!

P.S. If anyone finds a man who listens...check him for actual human parts.
  • BerkeleyMama
    Options
    Hilarious post (Personal favorite line: " I guess it depends....") The whole peeing thing. God, that was funny.

Cowboy, I hope your ropes aren't scratchy, you've gotta be careful..Racey post of yours, got a big reaction. (:smokin: I nornally wouldn't just broadcast this, but hell, why not. This could be a good thing for anyone who wants some good, gentle material that lasts. We have a completely lovely cotton rope (literally looks and feels like thick cotton balls, fuzzy and soft, but super strong). I wouldn't tie my bike to my car with it, but I can tell you that when it's in use, neither one of us is going anywhere.

Stamina is key for me too. Never thought it would be, but it turns out I surprise even myself....

Gotta say though, cowboy, and I mean this from the heart. Throw out the list. Look at the heart and soul of the woman and you will know. Love hit me like a freaking freight train when I least wanted it, expected it or thought I needed it. I was all set to be single for a good while, settle into my new surroundings( moved across the country) and start my new job...but then I met my now husband. And we lived on a little island I like to call Denial for about a month, until we both just threw our hands up in the air and said, "well it's not like we expected it, but we can't possibly do anything else but love one another. And we knew once we took the leap it would be forever. Scared the crap out of both of us.

We've been through hell and back, had a most amazing time, lots of adventures and the trip continues. Look for someone you can journey with, grow with and who loves you like crazy.
    We've been together since '92. I consider myself to be the luckiest woman in the world.
    All of you have wonderful stories, great senses of humor and I have really enjoyed this thread!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Well no one has posted "what do you look for in a spouse?" thread today so I figured what the heck. I am single dad with full custody of two lil angels and if/when I start dating this is what I am looking for (in no particular order)...

1. A Christian
    2. Loves and adores kids
    3. Has kids and/or wants more kids (doesn't matter how, adoption, whatever)
    4. Is a cowgirl (or at least has a country heart)
    5. DDF
    6. Loves cowboys
    7. At least likes country music
    8. Goofy sense of humor
    9. Likes to be active and not sit at home
    10. Super affectionate and passionate
    11. Honest & faithful
    12. Compassionate & kind
    13. Positive
    14. Can, um, keep up with me

See I also have a philosophy when it comes to marriage (prob get blasted for it but it's how I think/feel): A woman should be spoiled like a princess, made co-president of the house, and given all the affection and physical intimacy she can handle. So a woman I married would have to be able to roll with that.

Lol, I may be asking to much.

What's on your list?????

I like this guy lol.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    1. Someone who can be my friend.
    2. He should be able to communicate well on many levels; be both a good listener and articulate.
    3. A good sense of humor and preferably a decent sense of the absurd.
    4. Geeky or at least tolerant of nerd culture
    5. Likes animals. I have a cat and would someday like to have a dog too. Other pets would be optional (except no arachnids).
    6. Open and affectionate with those he loves.
    7. Honorable

I have other preferences, but that covers the basics.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Well no one has posted "what do you look for in a spouse?" thread today so I figured what the heck. I am single dad with full custody of two lil angels and if/when I start dating this is what I am looking for (in no particular order)...

1. A Christian
    2. Loves and adores kids
    3. Has kids and/or wants more kids (doesn't matter how, adoption, whatever)
    4. Is a cowgirl (or at least has a country heart)
    5. DDF
    6. Loves cowboys
    7. At least likes country music
    8. Goofy sense of humor
    9. Likes to be active and not sit at home
    10. Super affectionate and passionate
    11. Honest & faithful
    12. Compassionate & kind
    13. Positive
    14. Can, um, keep up with me

See I also have a philosophy when it comes to marriage (prob get blasted for it but it's how I think/feel): A woman should be spoiled like a princess, made co-president of the house, and given all the affection and physical intimacy she can handle. So a woman I married would have to be able to roll with that.

Lol, I may be asking to much.

What's on your list?????

I like this guy lol.

Does this count as marriage proposal #1 for our cowboy??? Hahahhaaaaaaaaa