Don't eat your exercise calories

Options
I found when I added my exercise to MFP and had the extra calories "allowable" I would just eat them because I was allowed. I find now that I don't eat my exercise calories (so I don't put my exercise into the diary) I manage perfectly find on my calorie allowance.

Just goes to show the power of the mind.

Try it and see how you go! If you're anything like me I can "allow" myself anything and try to justify it, so I don't need MFP telling me I can have those extra calories if I exercise...

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    hehe...someone is going to rant about this. ;)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    lol.. u got that right!!!..lol..
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    lol.. u got that right!!!..lol..

wait for it.......
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

RAWRRRR!
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I only allow half of my exercise calories to be eaten since I'm at 1,200.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Those were not allowed calories. Those were required calories by the internet police for you to consume.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    i will eat your remainder. please email them to me.
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Those were not allowed calories. Those were required calories by the internet police for you to consume.

You crack me up.
  • mskimmyd
    mskimmyd Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Ahaha, that certainly made me giggle. =D
  • adventuring
    Options
    You trollin' these here parts?
  • sknopps
    Options
    some people can get by with netting a low amount. but, please, don't post on here in 2 weeks when your body is in starvation mode and you're not losing.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I could rant about it. I know all about the misconceptions of not eating your exercise calories (because of how MFP calculates things) and the need for proper fueling, and the fact that MFP already includes a calorie deficit for you before any exercise, and that the OP is probably gonna lose not only fat but muscle, etc. But I'm just too tired of that same old discussion. So... just... do whatever.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    jenna3.gif
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I could rant about it. I know all about the misconceptions of not eating your exercise calories (because of how MFP calculates things) and the need for proper fueling, and the fact that MFP already includes a calorie deficit for you before any exercise, and that the OP is probably gonna lose not only fat but muscle, etc. But I'm just too tired of that same old discussion. So... just... do whatever.

Agreed.
  • shabeck
    shabeck Posts: 1
    Options
    yeah, i've noticed that i maintain if i eat my exercise calories... eat less, exercise more. what those darn doctors say really does work, sigh.
  • sknopps
    Options
    i will eat your remainder. please email them to me.

yeeeeessss!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

punishable, if not eaten
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    You can make whatever half-cocked recommendation you want, but don't be surprised if people don't take you seriously.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    jenna3.gif

"~HELP, I CAN'T EAT ENOUGH CALORIES~
    1. get a spoon
    2. open peanut butter jar
    3. dunk
    4. lick
    BYE.
    shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com
    lmgtfy.com"

dangit...I HATE when people sneak up on me when I'm eating my peanut butter! LMAO
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I only allow half of my exercise calories to be eaten since I'm at 1,200.

Me too except that I'm at 1,640. Because we tend to overestimate the amount of calories burned & underestimate the ones we take in so its better to be safe than sorry. Bottomline here is that if you eat more than you burn, you will gain weight & if you burn more than you consume, you will lose weight regardless if you're eating back your exercise calories or no.