Don't eat your exercise calories

Options

Replies

• RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You have to start from knowing how many calories you need to maintain your weight - then subtract 500 from that to lose 1 pound a week. My metabolism is through the floor - my maintenance calories is only 1536. I subtracted 500 from that and got my goal of 1036. Of course, that's too few calories to a) get proper nutrition and b) feel satisfied. SO, I have become an exercise animal! Please LOOK AT MY DIARIES. I do at least 500 calories of exercise EVERY DAY and I eat most of them back. I have a daily calorie deficit of at least 500 calories, if not more. Usually more. I'm not losing weight as fast as most people would with this kind of deficit, but I'm still losing.

I truly believe that a 1200 calorie, automatic "goal" is STUPID. Go to a health club or a doctor that can do metabolic testing and find out your resting metabolic rate, your total calorie requirement based upon your lifestyle and subtract 500 calories per day as your "goal" if you want to lose a pound a week. Know how many calories you burn in "fat burning" zone and "cardio zone," and at your anaerobic threshold. Get a cheapie heart rate monitor - with that, you will always know how many calories you burn in a workout. You will always know your calorie deficit. That's the only way you can REALLY KNOW you're on the right path to losing weight.

Cheers...
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    jenna3.gif

I've come back just to look at this again, and to quote it.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

she's pretty but makes me dizzy. Now I'm totally disoriented. To eat or Not to eat??? that's the question. LOL
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options

she's pretty but makes me dizzy. Now I'm totally disoriented. To eat or Not to eat??? that's the question. LOL

The real question is... Is she TRULY pretty, or is it just because she's making the sexy face and seductive gestures?
  • albayin
    Options

The real question is... Is she TRULY pretty, or is it just because she's making the sexy face and seductive gestures?
    You made me laugh! If you get the answer to your question, i guess I will find mine as well.
  • albayin
    Options
    How many of people who vote for eat have been successful, I mean reached their goals? and how many of those who vote for nay? i was just curious...
    "It works for me so far" is not quite convincing, just yet.
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options

You made me laugh! If you get the answer to your question, i guess I will find mine as well.

Find people on MFP who are "success stories" and ask what they do......
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    You know what happens when you don't eat your exercise calories, don't you?

kitten_die-300x280.jpg

hahahahaha
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options

Is it true to be hungry in one man's mind or suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous hunger. Oh hunger I knew you so, you drew me into bad food and simple carbs that did not supply my body with nutrition that it needs. So, i ate again to give it what it needs, but my calorie intake just bounced me on its knee. So, I felt needed and loved and came back as often as I could.
  • albayin
    Options

I'm a newbie here and only been here for a short while. But i already noticed that every time such discussion/argument was brought up, most participants are just like me, still at a stage of trying out...no offense to anyone. Just saying...
  • FindingFit50s
    Options
    I read somewhere that if you don't eat your calories back that fat turns into muscle.

haha fat & muscle cells are two very different body masses & its impossible for the one to become another. Its like saying that an apple can become an orange.

I think you might be able to use this:

sarcasm01.jpg

It was very thoughtful of you to offer it to her. I think she should have to pay you for it.
  • albayin
    Options

Is it true to be hungry in one man's mind or suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous hunger. Oh hunger I knew you so, you drew me into bad food and simple carbs that did not supply my body with nutrition that it needs. So, i ate again to give it what it needs, but my calorie intake just bounced me on its knee. So, I felt needed and loved and came back as often as I could.

1200 calorie sounds a hard number. I was wondering how could one number work for all? ;)
    Is there a sweet spot we all could find (someday after trial and error)?
  • linsky1
    linsky1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good idea, will try this one for sure... Lin
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options

I'm a newbie here and only been here for a short while. But i already noticed that every time such discussion/argument was brought up, most participants are just like me, still at a stage of trying out...no offense to anyone. Just saying...

i didnt used to lost about 20 of my 38lbs (used to be of my 43lbs im just up alittle bit right now) lol but then it stopped and i wasnt losing anymore so i ate more then i wasnt losing the key honestly is to try what works for you try not eating them back then if it stops working eat them etc but DO however eat them if you are the kind of person who burns over 1000 cals a day eat back half :) and i agree title of the post WAYYY to generalized basically do whats best for you dont preach that what you know is the ONLY way and that we have all been so mistaken about our calorie choices in the past lmfao to each their own and god bless
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I just maintain when I eat mine back... I haven't lost a pound in months. I'm not going to log my exercise any more and try it.
  • adross3
    Options

i didnt used to lost about 20 of my 38lbs (used to be of my 43lbs im just up alittle bit right now) lol but then it stopped and i wasnt losing anymore so i ate more then i wasnt losing the key honestly is to try what works for you try not eating them back then if it stops working eat them etc but DO however eat them if you are the kind of person who burns over 1000 cals a day eat back half :) and i agree title of the post WAYYY to generalized basically do whats best for you dont preach that what you know is the ONLY way and that we have all been so mistaken about our calorie choices in the past lmfao to each their own and god bless
    I am a success story. I lost 56% of my body fat in just 9 weeks.
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    used to eat mine...but now i try not too. seem to have less plateauing it seems...
  • adross3
    Options
    I just maintain when I eat mine back... I haven't lost a pound in months. I'm not going to log my exercise any more and try it.
    Success comes thru trial and error. Good Luck.
  • HappyLuna
    HappyLuna Posts: 112
    Options
    :laugh: loving some of the responses. All good humour!

I have to eat my exercise calories or I am starving! I exercise not just to lose weight, but because I love running and I want to get better, improve my times and compete in races. If I don't fuel my body properly then I won't get better. So that's why I eat mine back. I am still losing weight. If if I stop then I will decrease my calories by 50-100 a day and see what happens. By being on 1400 (About 1600-1700 after exercise :wink:) I know I have somewhere to go if I stop losing weight and hit the 'plateau'. I wouldn't want to go below 1200 (so 1400-1500 after exercise) as I don't think my body would be able to funtion well. Exercise and performace are important to me. I can understanding reducing to half exercise cals...but not eating any is not great long term. But again its only my opnion. Wanted to give my insit on why I do eat my exercise cals...secretly I'm just a greedy cow! :laugh:
  • natali_sh92
    natali_sh92 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that if you don't eat your calories back that fat turns into muscle.

haha fat & muscle cells are two very different body masses & its impossible for the one to become another. Its like saying that an apple can become an orange.

I think you might be able to use this:

sarcasm01.jpg

legend!