Don't eat your exercise calories

Options

Replies

• kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Those were not allowed calories. Those were required calories by the internet police for you to consume.

^ This...
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that if you don't eat your calories back that fat turns into muscle.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    i will eat your remainder. please email them to me.
    This reminds me a blog by my favorite blogger at MFP. He was talking about the low carb diet. He said 'if it (low carb diet) works for you, you have all my respect; let me have your carbs". haha...
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Maybe I can sell my extras calories to the highest bidder!!!!

Starvation mode stinks..what works for one does not work for all :)
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    are you sure you really meant to title your post like you did? are you putting it out there that we don't eat our exercise cals? if so, i honestly don't think you understand the goals of MFP and the way it's set up. not eating them may work for you and others for a while...but low and behold, there will be a plateau..... and then additional posts.
  • Heidi_Maggott
    Options
    I also find that I eat more when "allowed", so am going to give that a go!!
    Thanks for the tip of just not logging the exercise. Never thought of that before.:laugh:
    I wil try ANYTHING, and logging (and eating) the exercise calories has kept me maintaining rather than losing
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I read somewhere that if you don't eat your calories back that fat turns into muscle.

haha fat & muscle cells are two very different body masses & its impossible for the one to become another. Its like saying that an apple can become an orange.
  • angel79202
    Options
    The starvation mode police told me to only eat the exercise calories on days that end in "Y"..is that not the rule?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

haha fat & muscle cells are two very different body masses & its impossible for the one to become another. Its like saying that an apple can become an orange.

I think you might be able to use this:

sarcasm01.jpg
  • angel79202
    Options
    LOVE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    are you sure you really meant to title your post like you did? are you putting it out there that we don't eat our exercise cals? if so, i honestly don't think you understand the goals of MFP and the way it's set up. not eating them may work for you and others for a while...but low and behold, there will be a plateau..... and then additional posts.

Sorry but not eating back my exercise cals have been working for me for a long time & until now that I'm on a maintenence stage, I'm still losing weight! Please stop making that silly comment & generalizing us who don't believe in eating back all exercise calories thing. If you're a believer of that then its up to you & no one cares for that but never question us because our bodies & metabolism are different! Sorry if I may sound harsh but I find your comment very insulting. But let's face it, we cannot trust 100% of what the database says regarding the amount of calories burned & the amount of calories in every food that we eat. No wonder some people have a hard time losing weight despite logging everything in here.
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat mine unless I'm hungry. If I do I try nit to eat over half but usually I don't log my exercise so I don't see those calories
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    You know what happens when you don't eat your exercise calories, don't you?

kitten_die-300x280.jpg
  • angel79202
    Options
    My point was that no plan works for everyone..eat them or not it's up to you and your body..some of us have to eat some of them while others don't..it's not right to generalize either way :) I am under the direction of both a trainer and a doctor and for my weight loss, i have to eat some of them but it depends how active/what the calorie burns are. 6 days a week, i burn over 1000 calories a day so if i stuck to 1200, it wouldn't work for me (I tried)..I think because i used to have an ED that these posts bother me more..the point of MFP is to find your balance..
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    jenna3.gif

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!
  • pearlymae
    pearlymae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I enjoy every finger lickin calorie I burn. I do
    2/3 cardio and 1/3 freeweights. Here are my results. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/330159-todays-bmi-progress-9-weeks. I eat 6X a day and I'm never hungry. Starvation mode sucks. Burning mode rules!!!
  • angel79202
    Options
    I enjoy every finger lickin calorie I burn. I do
    2/3 cardio and 1/3 freeweights. Here are my results. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/330159-todays-bmi-progress-9-weeks

Great job :)
  • phlumpet
    phlumpet Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I do eat them, unless I really kicked butt and burned more than I feel like eating. I would love not to, but I'm so absolutely fatigued with "dieting" to the point where I'm hungry all the time. It never works for me. Can I say it again? I'm so damn tired of it! I'm going to trust the calorie deficit MFP has programed for me and try to stick with it. So far it's working. Slowly, but hopefully slow progress is lasting progress. If you are satisfied and you are losing weight without hitting a plateau, perhaps because we are all different that's what works for your body, and MFP has miscalculated your true BMR. For me, I eat them, because I'm learning a healthy lifestyle, not dieting.
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    I use MFP to it's fullest potential -- friends, forums, and tracking food AND exercise. It seems half assed to not log your exercise just to "trick" yourself into eating less calories. Part of this experience is to learn accountability. I personally do not eat my exercise calories back because I burn a good number on my workout days and I just can't possibly eat that much. My choice, it works for me. Do whatever works for you. But I think robbing yourself of all the tools at your disposal here doesn't make much sense.