Breakfast-Is a shake enough for you?

Options
13»

Replies

• jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Bahaha, no. If I had a shake for breakfast I'd be eating lunch at 9AM.

The delicious breakfast I am literally currently eating.
    -bagel thin
    -two fried eggs
    -two slices turkey bacon
    Total calories: 350, and worth every single one.

Me too!!!!
    Love your choice for breakfast, but I just can't get into the fried eggs, I am a scrambled egg whites person!
    Thanks for the tip!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm never hungry when I wake up. I used to fight with my parents about eating breakfast. They'd insist; I'd resist. Coffee is all the breakfast I need. Even when I'm not watching my weight, I don't care for food until I've been awake at least a few hours.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    it is for me, because I eat 6 meals a day.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    my shake has to have fruit in it or peanut butter. I have to hae some extra substance...it is pretty much a smoothie for breakfast in my case.

This is me as well...my breakfast shake is raw spinach, frozen fruit, protein powder, water and sometimes greek yogurt.
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have a shake at 6:45, small 250 calories second breakfast normally, then sometimes a 3rd breakfast of just oatmeal when most people eat lunch, then I have my lunch late (around 2pm and sometimes eat only half, then the second lunch at 4 or so, then a very small dinner around 7pm. Not sure how many meals this is but I eat my carbs at the second and 4th ones normally. It works for me.
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    it is for me, because I eat 6 meals a day.

that sounds like what I need to do...6 meals a day....wow, I'll email you for more info
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    my shake has to have fruit in it or peanut butter. I have to hae some extra substance...it is pretty much a smoothie for breakfast in my case.

This is me as well...my breakfast shake is raw spinach, frozen fruit, protein powder, water and sometimes greek yogurt.

Spinach? not sure I can do that, but I totally understand the greek yogurt...
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    Yep, I have a shake at 6:45, small 250 calories second breakfast normally, then sometimes a 3rd breakfast of just oatmeal when most people eat lunch, then I have my lunch late (around 2pm and sometimes eat only half, then the second lunch at 4 or so, then a very small dinner around 7pm. Not sure how many meals this is but I eat my carbs at the second and 4th ones normally. It works for me.

Great idea's thanks so much for your insight, I really appreciate it!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    BREAKFAST LIKE A KING, LUNCH LIKE A PRINCE, DINE LIKE A PAUPER

Ofc, we know now that this old saying is actually totally wrong. It doesnt matter at all when you eat your calories.

For me personally i just have a coffee till lunch, as i cant stand breakfast, and the gap between breakfast time and lunchtime for me is the smallest anyway. I have an average lunch, 3-500 cals, then save my dinner for 2-3 hours before bed, and have a relatively large dinner. I hold off my dinner as its easier to avoid snacking if i know im going to have dinner soon.
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I find that I feel much more satisfied when I get some protein in the morning. Lately, I've been making hardboiled eggs and eating one or two in the morning with a whole grain English muffin. I don't put any butter or anything on the muffin. I've been thinking about just eating one egg and adding two slices of ham to the muffins. It's honestly not a ton of calories but it keep me full until lunch (and sometimes I'm not even hungry then). If you want more moisture on your English muffin-egg-ham ensemble, you might try putting a slice of tomato in as well. The best part of this breakfast? All you have to do is toast the English muffin. You already have your hardboiled egg and you can preslice your tomato... if you really want, you can slap the ham in a skillet. Total prep time is five minutes or less.

I usually try to eat about the same amount of calories for breakfast and lunch and then eat a small dinner. I find that eating a satisfying breakfast really helps me keep from snacking throughout the day. If that protein doesn't fill you up, then just make sure you bring some fruit or veggies to snack on during the day. If you want something sweet, I really like the FiberOne Oats & Chocolate and Oats & Peanut Butter. They're only about 150 calories... but beware because they also contain some saturated fat.

If you really want smoothies for breakfast, I would suggest trying to add some nice Greek yogurt to that shake for the protein.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    protein protein protein! i always have nuts, peanut butter, egg, or greek yogurt with my breakfast. keeps you full.