There are no dumb Question? Or are there?

sarahsmom1
sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
Write down the dumbest question you have asked or someone has asked you. Mine was is was chomping on lifesavers and I always chew on them in class. So when i was at home chomping on one I looked at my mom and
" asked her if she could hear it or was I only hearing it in my head "

here's is on from my daughter to her friend

"You know what steak tar tar is right?"
"It's like the seasoning right?"
???
"Are you talking about the sauce for fish?"
"Yeah. TAR TAR sauce." (duh)
"Um that's tartar sauce, Dani, not steak."

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    While petting my pet rabbit, a girl (about 14 years old) asked, "Is this real rabbit fur?"
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    I was on a date talking to this guy about surfing. I made a comment about the tides and the gravitational pull of the moon. He was totally confused. He asked 'arent the waves caused by people jumping in on the other side?'. Im like - the other side of what? 'The Ocean' he responds.
    Mind you this was a 23 year old man. No second date.
  • lmbame905
    lmbame905 Posts: 83 Member
    Working in a liquor store, I was once asked, "What do I need for Gin and Tonics?"
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    I asked if yams came from the ocean...
    In my defense I KNOW yams are sweet potatoes, but I thought maybe there was a yam that was like a shellfish or something....
    I have no idea why I asked that!
    :huh:
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    I worked as a tour guide on the Alaska Railroadand, two of my favorite where "where does all the snow go during the summer?" and " how far apart are the mile posts?" ( they are EVERY mile btw)
  • Not food related, but these two happened at work. (I'm a car insurance claims adjuster)

"What's an intersection?"

and

"What's a windshield?"
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    My husband who is an IT gets the best ones at work...

Employee: This web site is not working
    Hubby: You left out a w in www, just add it
    Employee: ok, where should I add it
    Hubby: *sigh*

Another...

At a company meeting, presenter puts up a slide of "on this day" and the years of the events are 1909, 1945, 1958, 1967, 1981, 2003. Hubby speaks up and says, "I have only been alive for one of those." Dead serious a woman says "really, which one?"

:noway:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Not food related, but these two happened at work. (I'm a car insurance claims adjuster)

"What's an intersection?"

and

"What's a windshield?"

YEAAAAAA INSURANCE!! Commercial Program Underwriter here! Too bad we can't exclude idiocy on our policies eh? :)

Ps: loving this thread!
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    I was on a date talking to this guy about surfing. I made a comment about the tides and the gravitational pull of the moon. He was totally confused. He asked 'arent the waves caused by people jumping in on the other side?'. Im like - the other side of what? 'The Ocean' he responds.
    Mind you this was a 23 year old man. No second date.

Seriously, this is my favorite one. That is stinkin' awesome. I can just picture people jumping in and waves rolling over the entire ocean. AWESOME. bahahahahhahaha
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I work at a bank...I deal with people who are overdrawn on a regular basis.

Customer: My account is overdrawn. How can that be? I still have all these checks left....

I seriously question how people have made it this far in life....

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member

Customer: My account is overdrawn. How can that be? I still have all these checks left....

my kids always said that well mom you still have checks, not knowing you still needed money
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member

I worked in a bank for a bit... I did get that one a lot. Along with... how do I fill out a check/withdrawl slip? Oh and I loved the people who walked by 4 signs that the ATM was down, nevermind the message on the screen and would still try to jam their card into it and then get mad. :laugh:
  • I came home in the midst of a downpour one morning.

I walk in the front door and comment to the hubs.."Wow it's really raining"

He says.."Outside?"
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member

my kids always said that well mom you still have checks, not knowing you still needed money

I hope when you say kids you mean 16 and under.....

The man that said this to me was 31... :noway:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
    i worked for a major health insurance company and was once asked by a patient if they would be approved for a hysterectomy reversal.
    um. you make that possible, and i'll work on the approval...

i also worked for a pizzeria and took orders all the time for a "supreme pizza with extra ham but no canadian bacon".
    or my favorite: "meat lovers with no pork products" --- that would be a pizza with beef topping...
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    "Are you giving out safe driving awards?"
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    There are 5 of us patrolling around in the police van, the only backpack allowed in uniform is plain black (actually I think plain navy blue as well but forget that). The driver turns around and says, "Hey can you hand me my backpack? It's the one that's black." Really? Idiot.

Also, another was more of a comment from someone I was working in the Hangar with,
    HIm: "Hahaha they forgot the 'r' in portable!"
    Me:"That's potable, not portable. Two totally different meanings."
    Him:"What? No it should say portable, it's portable water for the NAOC; so they can have water when they fly."
    Me: "Nope, definitely potable-so they can have DRINKABLE water when they fly."

Same guy:

Him: What does the B in B52 stand for?
    Me: Bomber
    Him: I know it's a bomber, but what does the B stand for?
    Me: I can't talk to you any more.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    One time someone posted here, "How do I post a topic on the forums". That was classic.

And then it happened another time, by a different person. Amazing huh?

Makes you wonder....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Happened in the gym. A girl asked me why guys refer to weighted plates as nickels, dimes, and quarters. I told her because nickel is 5lbs, and dime is 10lbs, and a quarter is 25lbs. She then asked "So would the 45lbs plate must be the dollar because it's the biggest?"

Another: I was teaching a female a workout on a "21" rep system on bicep curls. I showed her that you do 7 reps from start to halfway point of a lift, then the next 7 from halfway point to end position, then the next 7 from start to end position. She said "Wow, that really worked my biceps! But I don't get why you call it "21's"?
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    I once was driving past a hospital with a friend and she asked why there was an ambulance there lol. The same friend told me it gets colder the closer you get to the equator.