There are no dumb Question? Or are there?

Options

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I worked at Subway in high school. I can't tell you how many times some one asked me how big a six inch was.

if the question came from a male, you should know that some of them don't realistically know what 6 inches looks like, some of them think 6 inches is actually 8 or 9....
    :laugh: :wink:
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid (maybe 2) my aunt was asking me all the standard "what sound does a ___ make?"

Her: What does a dog say?
    Me: Woof woof
    Her: What does a cat say?
    Me: Meow meow
    ... several more...
    (trying to throw me off) What does a lightning bug say?
    Me: (pause for a few seconds)... Blink blink.
    Her: (silence)

Also another good one... was maybe 7 and my mom always had us have our own "special" wrapping paper so we could find our gifts quickly. She asked me... "What kind of wrapping do you want on your gifts this year?"... My response, without pause... "Saran" ...
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I worked at Subway in high school. I can't tell you how many times some one asked me how big a six inch was.

if the question came from a male, you should know that some of them don't realistically know what 6 inches looks like, some of them think 6 inches is actually 8 or 9....

HAHAHAHA love it!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    "What kind of wrapping do you want on your gifts this year?"... My response, without pause... "Saran" ...
    Fantastic. This would have saved me so much trouble. I used to slice the tape on the wrapping paper with a knife, take a peek, and put fresh tape right over it. Unless you looked closely, you couldn't tell. My parents never knew.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    i work at a courthouse, so we have a metal detector that customers have to go through at the front of the building...

the guards tell people "Empty your pockets, loose change, everything"

and this one guy says "I have to take out my coins? Since when are they made of metal?!

ummmmm......

Only in South Cakalakee...
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My favorite patient question:

Pt: Is that needle going to hurt?
    Me: I should not feel a thing!!!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I have been a surrogate mother and i get the weirdest question about that like... Did you sleep with the guy? Or if it´s twins... Can you keep one? the answer is no for both!!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I was at a friends house and her roommate was making sammies and asked it I wanted one:

Me: No thanks, I'm gluten intolerant, no wheat/flour.
    Him: It's white bread, you'll be fine.
    Me: hahahaha...wait, seriously?
    Him: White bread isn't made with wheat flour.
    Me: Than what is is made with?
    Him: Regular flour. Shouldn't you know this?
    Me: I...need to leave. Now.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    I was texting back and forth with a friend in Florida. (I'm in the Pacific NW). I texted that it was a beautiful full moon. He texted back, "Oh, is it a full moon there, too?"

My reply, "Yeah. We are on the same planet."
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options

Hahaha....
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I was working at a grocery store, filling the milk box, with a gallon of milk in each hand and was asked "Where is the milk?"

I said I did not know as I was new and pointed, with the gallon of milk in my hand, to a fellow employee who might be able to help the customer. I was thanked for being helpful and the customer went off to talk to my fellow employee, while I went to the back cooler to LMAO for a bit.
  • MattHaviland620
    Options
    A few friends and I was in his yard, we saw a little girl on a bike crossing the intersection kinda fast and she got hit by a car (she was alright a few cuts and bruises). He ran inside, grabbed a phone, came back out and asked us "Whats the number to 911".
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Every time my dad goes through a drive-thru he always yells into the speaker "and make sure that's TO-GO"....ummm....really dad? As much as we try to explain it to him that he doesn't need to specify...he always does, just in case.
  • Scarletblue
    Options
    When I was maybe 4 or 5 my mom was taking me to her work as we were approaching it
    I said " Where are we going?"
    she replied " Into the underground garage"
    me totally freaked out" Your taking me to Hell !?"

Another genious moment of mine was again with my mom a few weeks ago she was reading a book
    I asked " what'cha reading?"
    she shows me the book called Constintine or something like that and
    I asked " Is it in English"
    she gave me the you have got to be kidding me look " How else could I be reading it?"
  • nikki_1979
    Options
    Not food related, but these two happened at work. (I'm a car insurance claims adjuster)

"What's an intersection?"

and

"What's a windshield?"

YEAAAAAA INSURANCE!! Commercial Program Underwriter here! Too bad we can't exclude idiocy on our policies eh? :)

Ps: loving this thread!

High five fellow insurance folks!

I work for an insurance department for a Lender..
    I love when people call in and say 'but I have full coverage insurance', ummm no - liability coverage is NOT full coverage...

Maybe you should READ those documents you are signing when you're all excited about that new car you can't afford to pay insurance on...

AMEN!
    Thought of another lovely question: 90 year old man reporting his 3rd accident of the DAY: "Do you guys have accident forgiveness?" My co-worker's response to that when I told him: "When a person's age is over the maximum speed limit in the state, they should revoke their license." LOL

Then I though of a great one from when I worked as a pharmacy tech:
    Woman: "Is it ok if I use the birth control pills on different days than they are named?"
    Me: "What do you mean exactly?"
    Woman: "I've been taking one every time I have sex, but sometimes I have sex more than once a day and I've ran out of Friday and Saturday pills. Can I take the Monday or Tuesday ones on Fridays and Saturdays when I need them?" (She hands me a birth control pill package with random pills popped out)
    Me: *in shock* * "Let me get you a pharmacist...."
  • nikki_1979
    Options

Fantastic!...lol
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    This was an email I got last night, so not sure if this really happened but totally hilarious :flowerforyou:

MY LAST TRIP TO COSTCO
    Yesterday I was at my local COSTCO buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Jake, the Wonder Dog and was in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had an elephant? So because I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and that the way that it works is, to load your pants pockets with Purina Nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care, because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff a poodle's *kitten* and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was Laughing so hard.

Costco won't let me shop there anymore. Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the World to think of crazy things to say. Forward this (especially) to all your retired friends...it will be their laugh for the day!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bumping so i can read more later! this thread is killing me!!!!!
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Then I though of a great one from when I worked as a pharmacy tech:
    Woman: "Is it ok if I use the birth control pills on different days than they are named?"
    Me: "What do you mean exactly?"
    Woman: "I've been taking one every time I have sex, but sometimes I have sex more than once a day and I've ran out of Friday and Saturday pills. Can I take the Monday or Tuesday ones on Fridays and Saturdays when I need them?" (She hands me a birth control pill package with random pills popped out)
    Me: *in shock* * "Let me get you a pharmacist...."

OMG!! That is HILARIOUS! I would have died trying not to laugh before I could walk away. :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Working in a liquor store, I was once asked, "What do I need for Gin and Tonics?"

:laugh: :laugh: I don't even drink but I think even I can figure that one out. :laugh: :laugh: