There are no dumb Question? Or are there?

Replies

• SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Not food related, but these two happened at work. (I'm a car insurance claims adjuster)

"What's an intersection?"

and

"What's a windshield?"

YEAAAAAA INSURANCE!! Commercial Program Underwriter here! Too bad we can't exclude idiocy on our policies eh? :)

Ps: loving this thread!

High five fellow insurance folks!

I work for an insurance department for a Lender..
    I love when people call in and say 'but I have full coverage insurance', ummm no - liability coverage is NOT full coverage...

Maybe you should READ those documents you are signing when you're all excited about that new car you can't afford to pay insurance on...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    I once was driving past a hospital with a friend and she asked why there was an ambulance there lol. The same friend told me it gets colder the closer you get to the equator.

Reminds me of a former friend of mine. So we go on this school trip and we're sharing a room. We check in and she goes to take a shower. She comes out and says, uhhhh our shower is leaking. So I go look. She didn't have the shower curtain on the inside of the bathtub. Same friend also thought that Chik-fil-a was a vegetarian place.

• At a company meeting, presenter puts up a slide of "on this day" and the years of the events are 1909, 1945, 1958, 1967, 1981, 2003. Hubby speaks up and says, "I have only been alive for one of those." Dead serious a woman says "really, which one?"

:noway:

This ^:laugh:
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Lol..I work at a library..so...

One of my favorites that I get all the time:

I'll be sitting behind the Information desk (mind you, there is a sign), with my Name tag on.

"Do you work here?"
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    My cousin and I were stopped next to a fire engine at a red light. After looking at it for a while, she asked me "Where you do think they store all the water?" :huh:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I'm at work and I am pricing and putting out freight. A customer walks up, looks at my shirt (which has the name of the place where I work on it - in BIG letters), looks at my name badge and then says

"Do you work here?"

You're an idiot and because you are an idiot, I refuse to answer you.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    I worked at Subway in high school. I can't tell you how many times some one asked me how big a six inch was.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    I also used to work as an Insurance Agent, in an in-bound call canter. I should have kept a diary, lol. My favorite (and would get this or it's close cousin every day) though has to be, "Why did my insurance go up so much when I added my 16yo son onto the policy with his new Mustang GT?" My 2nd fave though was, "Why did my car insurance go up when I moved to Miami?" Or..."Why did you cancel my car insurance just because my license was suspended?" I could go on and on....

But my all time favorite for life in general has to be when I ride my motorcycle somewhere in the rain. I walk into wherever I am going wearing my rain gear, my leather motorcycle jacket, my big fancy motorcycle boots and holding my full face helmet...dripping water onto the floor...and they ask, "Did you ride in the rain?" I used to give smart replies back...but now I just say, "Yes" and move on, lol.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    My sister-in-law worked as a cashier at a hospital.

A mother was paying up, having just had a baby girl.

My sister-in-law asked what the baby's name was and the mother said that the hospital named her. That the hospital named her. She heard "FAMALI".

When my siste-in-law asked her to spell it, the mother said "its on the pink bracelet they gave her "F-E-M-A-L-E".
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    When my husband worked at a pizza shop, he was asked if there was pork in the buffalo chicken pizza.
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    My sister-in-law worked as a cashier at a hospital.

A mother was paying up, having just had a baby girl.

My sister-in-law asked what the baby's name was and the mother said that the hospital named her. That the hospital named her. She heard "FAMALI".

When my siste-in-law asked her to spell it, the mother said "its on the pink bracelet they gave her "F-E-M-A-L-E".

:huh: I'm at a loss for words on this one.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    I work for a bank and monitor phone calls (Yes, those calls you make really are monitored for quality purposes). I just heard this on the call I was listening to.

Customer: "I'm trying to make a purchase online and the website I'm trying to buy something from is telling me that my security code is incorrect. Can you help me with this?"

Analyst: "Are you on the merchants website?" Ummm.....what other website would she be on? And yes, I pointed this out to the analyst in my feedback.

Before I started monitoring calls I used to work in the call center on the phones myself. One of the best ones I ever got was "I'm trying to make a purchase but I card is being declined. I know I'm over my limit. Is that why I can't use my card?" Ya think?

Or the parents who add their kid to their account and then ask
    Customer: "can you call me every time my son/daughter wants to use the card so I can decide if I want to give them permission to use it?"

My response: "I'm sorry, but since we have no way of knowing if your son/daughter is about to use the card there isn't a way for us to call you before they use it."

Customer: "Why can't you tell if they are going to use the card?" hmmm...maybe because I can't read minds?
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 173 Member
    This is no joke, I have a friend who was eating a bag of dried apricots and on the back of the bag it said "a product of Turkey," and she said, "Aren't apricots fruit? This says they are turkey." WOW!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    This is no joke, I have a friend who was eating a bag of dried apricots and on the back of the bag it said "a product of Turkey," and she said, "Aren't apricots fruit? This says they are turkey." WOW!
    :laugh:
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 298 Member
    #1.All time favorite. I was in the middle of getting, shall we say a "female" exam, when the Dr says, "You do know you have a weight problem don't you?" So I sat up and said, "OH no! When did that happen! I was a size four when I got here this morning!"
    The Dr wasn't as amused as I was.

#2. My mom and I went past a house that had burned to the ground. She said to me, "Wonder what made that house burn down?" My response..."Fire".

#3. My boys are only 18 months apart and my youngest has always been taller. So, I am out with them in a stroller and a lady asked if they were twins. (We got that alot when they were little.) I said no, to which she replied, "Are you sure?"

Love this thread by the way!!!
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member

^
    ^
    ^
    My favorite!
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    My sister used to work in billing for a Cell phone company. She once had a caller ask if she could pay with cash over the phone. :huh:
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Dinner on Monday night.

Dad: Did you know that cobra snakes are actually revered in Indian culture and protected by law?

Me: At least we don't have those things here, I couldn't handle that.

Meag: Wait, are cobras venomous? Like what kinds of snakes are venomous?

Tad: Meag, no please...I can't do this right now.

Meag: No seriously...is the cobra venomous?

Tad: How are we even related?

Meag: Shut up Tad! I don't work with the snakes, I don't know all about the different kinds of snakes!

Tad: Meag, none of us "work" with the snakes, ok. Do any of us work for a zoo? No? Ok then.

Meag: Tad you're such a di*k. Like why should I know if a cobra is venomous if I don't work with the snakes.

The rest of us laughing and staring in disbelief. This happens about once a week. She's actually really smart, just not about snakes.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    i work at a courthouse, so we have a metal detector that customers have to go through at the front of the building...

the guards tell people "Empty your pockets, loose change, everything"

and this one guy says "I have to take out my coins? Since when are they made of metal?!

ummmmm......