1235»

Replies

• celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat them....
    How about now?

STILL YES.

OK - I'll eat them. Please don't pull the trigger....
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I just started eating mine this week, and I finally started losing again, after a 2 month plateau. I'd say if you are close to your goal, and get stuck on a plateau, trying eating the exercise calories and see what happens. My calorie goal is 1,330/day, so if I burn 400 calories exercising, and I don't eat some of them back, my net calorie intake is only about 900 calories, which is too low. I finally get it! Yes!!!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I just started eating mine this week, and I finally started losing again, after a 2 month plateau. I'd say if you are close to your goal, and get stuck on a plateau, trying eating the exercise calories and see what happens. My calorie goal is 1,330/day, so if I burn 400 calories exercising, and I don't eat some of them back, my net calorie intake is only about 900 calories, which is too low. I finally get it! Yes!!!

Thank you! Someone finally sees the light! lol
  • Swedeloka
    Options
    This would make sense because the calorie goal the pc will give you is what you need to just exist. If you exercise and don't eat more you might go into starvation mode which in turn will make the body hold on to the fat. Wish a nutritionist would answer to this post. I find it a valid concern.
    My opinion is to NOT eat the exercise calories if you can help it. Your daily calorie level should be where if you didn't exercise, you would still slowly lose weight. The exercise calories are a bonus to the weight loss effort. Since you have to burn 3500 extra calories to lose one (that's right 1!) pound, I do my best to not consume by exercise calories. However, not always good at that and will sometimes eat some of them; but always aim to have calories left over if possible.

Disagree. You should be *netting* at least 1200 or you're going to p*ss off your body and defeat the purpose. If you eat 1200 calories and burn 1000, you're netting 200. Bad news bears, my friend.

Bottom line to all Exercise Calorie Non-Consumers: Do what you want, but don't come crying when you work your *kitten* off at the gym and don't drop a pound or inch in 3 months.
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I still say no..... it works for me! :smile:

The exercise calorie gods will eat your soul for this.
    what????? :noway:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I still say no..... it works for me! :smile:

The exercise calorie gods will eat your soul for this.
    what????? :noway:

Totally true. Go ahead...try your luck :indifferent:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    What if I do this?

stevedance.gif

Do I eat those calories?
  • becca3211
    becca3211 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    ok...what do you do when you cant force yourself to eat? i have a very hard time eating that many calories. my stomach is very sensitive and when i force myself to eat all it does is make me sick. protein drinks any good? i can drink ensure. is that the right kind of calories? :sick:
  • CGSW4
    CGSW4 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have lost 20kg so far and the medthod I have used is:
    Eat c 1200 Calories per day (any less probably puts you in starvation mode)
    Exercise c 700 - 1400 Calories per day (Cardio and some weights)

I never eat the calories I have burnt and thus have a deficit, technically some times my weight loss is not matched by the calorie deficit but it always moves in the correct direction

I think it matters:
    What you eat (cleaner the better)
    The proportion of protein / carb/ fats
    and its better if you eat 6 times a day and not late at night

I have found this to be the best strategy for losing the fat, getting my weight down and also building muscle

Hope this helps
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I never eat the calories I have burnt and thus have a deficit

You would still have a deficit if you ate them back.
  • rachel1496
    Options
    I have lost 20kg so far and the medthod I have used is:
    Eat c 1200 Calories per day (any less probably puts you in starvation mode)
    Exercise c 700 - 1400 Calories per day (Cardio and some weights)

I never eat the calories I have burnt and thus have a deficit, technically some times my weight loss is not matched by the calorie deficit but it always moves in the correct direction

I think I'm misunderstanding something here. If I eat 1200 and burn 1400 through exercise I would end up with a 200 calorie deficit on top of my 2550 TDEE, so a 2750 cal deficit per day. Can that possibly be healthy?