"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Thursday was good.

Cardio: walked 4.44 total miles

Strength: 5/3/1 bench day with Yates rows, standing DB OHP, and WG lat pulldowns as accessories.

Assessment: Food and water were good, but I'm down 4 lbs since Monday :s

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    today was trainer day:
    10 min ARC trainer at 35 resistance (150 steps per minute)
    bench press - 20/15/15/12/12/5/5/12/12/15
    tricep extentions - 4x25
    lying t-bar rows - 4x25
    curls - 4x15
    leg press - 9x15
    hamstring curls - 5x15
    leg extentions - 5x20
    ab crunch machine - 4x25
    10 min ARC trainer at 35 resistance (150 steps per minute)
    Total burn -> 812 cals by HRM
    4 cups of water already this morning and protein shake/banana for breakfast
    feel good, feels good to hit it hard again (have been off my game for the last few days because my daughter broke her wrist and I've been dealing with that).
    Welcome!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    Thursday was good.

Strength: 5/3/1 bench day with Yates rows, standing DB OHP, and WG lat pulldowns as accessories.

Is that good or bad?

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Cardio: not today

Strength: New Rules of Lifting for Women (stage 2--I am calling this a test day because I was not as aggressive with my weights because I
    Deadlift 35 (plus bar) 2X10
    Bulgarian Split Squats 2X5lb dumbbells 2X10 on each leg
    Underhand closed grip pull down 45 1X10 60 1X10
    Dumbbell Prone Cuban Snatch 5lb dumbbells 2X10
    Swiss Ball Crunch long arms 1X10 25lb plate 1X10
    Reverse Crunch 2X10
    Hanna Side flexion version 1 2X10 on each side
    Prone cobra 3X20 seconds

Assessment: Felt better about my diet today, but I need to get to the store and get more leafy green veggies. They are lacking in my diet.
    Mine too. I eat a good amount of fruit, tomatoes and carrots, but should eat more greens.

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Today was legs...
    Cardio - 15 minutes ARC trainer, 35 resistance, 150 steps/minute
    sqauts - 20/20/15/15/10/15/15/20/20/50 (start at 185lbs and add 50lbs each set to max of 365, then drop 50lbs all the way down to 135lbs)
    superset with hammer curls - 25 lbs - 12 reps per side
    lunges - 4x15 (each side), 65lbs, 75lbs, 85lbs, 95lbs
    superset with reverse curls 4x12 50lbs
    Abs - 100 frog sit-ups
    Cardio - 10 minutes ARC trainer, 35 resistance, 150 steps/minutes

total burn - HRM - 1065

Breakfast - 2 eggs, turkey sausage, 1/2 onion bagel, coffee with Truvia
    still feeling strong and hitting it hard!

Rest of the day yesterday was good food-wise, even had 2 slices of pizza last night and still came in under goal!
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Thursday was good.

Is that good or bad?

Bad. I'm bulking and the scale isn't budging. I'm eating 300-400 cals/day over TDEE per my FitBit.
  • Cardio: C25K W5D1 (but I ran out of time during lunch for a proper cooldown so I am going to be redoing this day)--1.41 miles in 26 minutes (approximately 141 calories)

Strength: YAYOG Day 4
    Side Lunge: 30 Bodyweight (need to speed up a little--the goal was 36 in the 7.5 minutes)
    One Legged Romanian Deadlifts: 25 Bodyweight (need to speed up a little--the goal was 36 in 7.5 minutes)
    Squats: 40 Bodyweight (need to make more difficult by holding them longer--the goal was 36 in 7.5 minutes)
    Russian Twists: 48 Bodyweight (first time ever doing these--I think I could add weight next time)

Assessment: Food has been okay today but I really need to go to the grocery store! :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Thursday was good.

Is that good or bad?

Bad. I'm bulking and the scale isn't budging. I'm eating 300-400 cals/day over TDEE per my FitBit.
    Just keep increasing 100 calories per day till it starts moving up.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! One client this morning then strength training class. Mall shopping and looking for a $5 white elephant gift for a kids party my DD is going to. Also looking for "ugly" sweater for Christmas party.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Sushi for dinner last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Cardio: C25K W5D1 (but I ran out of time during lunch for a proper cooldown so I am going to be redoing this day)--1.41 miles in 26 minutes (approximately 141 calories)

Strength: YAYOG Day 4
    Side Lunge: 30 Bodyweight (need to speed up a little--the goal was 36 in the 7.5 minutes)
    One Legged Romanian Deadlifts: 25 Bodyweight (need to speed up a little--the goal was 36 in 7.5 minutes)
    Squats: 40 Bodyweight (need to make more difficult by holding them longer--the goal was 36 in 7.5 minutes)
    Russian Twists: 48 Bodyweight (first time ever doing these--I think I could add weight next time)

Assessment: Food has been okay today but I really need to go to the grocery store! :smile:
    If it helps, there's really not much benefit to a cool down unless you're just using it to help bring your heart rate down more gradually.
    If you ever watch any pro sports teams who compete fiercely, after the games, they just walk off the courts or the fields and hit the showers.
    Also clinical studies don't show that cool downs show any real benefit other than that of some short meditation time.

• If it helps, there's really not much benefit to a cool down unless you're just using it to help bring your heart rate down more gradually.
    If you ever watch any pro sports teams who compete fiercely, after the games, they just walk off the courts or the fields and hit the showers.
    Also clinical studies don't show that cool downs show any real benefit other than that of some short meditation time.

That is interesting to know. I think with this particular program I am going to stay strict to the cool down because I have been counting that walking time in my total miles. However, I feel better about skipping the cool downs on my weight lifting times. I would rather spend the time I can spend at the gym on the parts of the program that will give me the most benefit. :smile:
  • ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hey gang,

Also looking for "ugly" sweater for Christmas party.

Best place for these in my humble opinion is goodwill or another thrift store. :smile:

• Cardio: None today, unless you count the time I spent walking through the santa village themed area near my sister-in-laws. We found out they were having a beer and wine tasting--which was a very happy surprise but probably completely negated any benefit from the walking. :smile:

Strength: NROL4W Stage 2 Workout 1A
    Front Squat with Push Press: 30 lb barbell 10 reps X 2 (I tried to do the olympic bar alone--I am not ready for that yet)
    Step-Ups (4 risers high): 30 lb barbell 10 reps X 2
    Dumbbell One-Legged Rows: 7.5 lbs 10 reps X 2 (I am not sure but this may become a favorite of mine, does that make me weird?)
    Push-up (on step 4 risers high): BW 10 reps X 2 (I had been doing these really shallow, so I am redoing my progress to get them deeper--so hard!)
    Plank: 20 secs X 4 (I really need to work on these)
    Cable Horizontal Wood Chop: 17.5 lbs 10 reps X 2
    Leg Press: 50 lbs 15 reps X 2

Assessment: Since I don't do it often, I am okay with going over because of the beer and wine tasting. But I will strive to be more on track tomorrow. :smile:

Question: So for both the front squat push press and the step-ups, I have been using the easy barbell--the ones with the notches so you can more easily hold them (until I get to a point where I can successfully complete them with the olympic bar). If my gym has a 40 lb bar, I have not found it. So I am not sure the best way to progress from where I am. 30 lb on the step-up at least felt light (the front squat push press is new-to-me so I probably have at least one more day through this workout with the 30 lb). What should I do? Keep doing 30 until I can make the jump to 50 (the next barbell I have been able to find or the olympic bar? Or change to a dumbbell form? And if you know of a video to show me a dumbbell form for either of these, I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance!
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    Cardio: None today, unless you count the time I spent walking through the santa village themed area near my sister-in-laws. We found out they were having a beer and wine tasting--which was a very happy surprise but probably completely negated any benefit from the walking. :smile:

Strength: NROL4W Stage 2 Workout 1A
    Front Squat with Push Press: 30 lb barbell 10 reps X 2 (I tried to do the olympic bar alone--I am not ready for that yet)
    Step-Ups (4 risers high): 30 lb barbell 10 reps X 2
    Dumbbell One-Legged Rows: 7.5 lbs 10 reps X 2 (I am not sure but this may become a favorite of mine, does that make me weird?)
    Push-up (on step 4 risers high): BW 10 reps X 2 (I had been doing these really shallow, so I am redoing my progress to get them deeper--so hard!)
    Plank: 20 secs X 4 (I really need to work on these)
    Cable Horizontal Wood Chop: 17.5 lbs 10 reps X 2
    Leg Press: 50 lbs 15 reps X 2

Assessment: Since I don't do it often, I am okay with going over because of the beer and wine tasting. But I will strive to be more on track tomorrow. :smile:

Question: So for both the front squat push press and the step-ups, I have been using the easy barbell--the ones with the notches so you can more easily hold them (until I get to a point where I can successfully complete them with the olympic bar). If my gym has a 40 lb bar, I have not found it. So I am not sure the best way to progress from where I am. 30 lb on the step-up at least felt light (the front squat push press is new-to-me so I probably have at least one more day through this workout with the 30 lb). What should I do? Keep doing 30 until I can make the jump to 50 (the next barbell I have been able to find or the olympic bar? Or change to a dumbbell form? And if you know of a video to show me a dumbbell form for either of these, I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance!

I'm not sure for the front squat to push press, but for step ups you could hold dumbbells to help increase the weight.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    Weekend is flying by me.

Cardio: walked 3.59 total miles (Sat), don't know what I'm doing yet (Sun)

Strength: 5/3/1 squat with calf raises, leg press, deadlifts, weighted glute bridges, and cleans for accessories--77,865 total lbs lifted (Sat), res day (Sun)

Assessment: Adding more calories, we'll see if I can start gaining again.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    If it helps, there's really not much benefit to a cool down unless you're just using it to help bring your heart rate down more gradually.

That is interesting to know. I think with this particular program I am going to stay strict to the cool down because I have been counting that walking time in my total miles. However, I feel better about skipping the cool downs on my weight lifting times. I would rather spend the time I can spend at the gym on the parts of the program that will give me the most benefit. :smile:

Just to add, the only cool down I do on runs is the short walk from closest 1/4 mile marker to my car (maybe 1/8th mile) and stretches when I get home. The main thing is the stretching. I firmly believe in the importance of good static stretching after every workout. The walk to my car is just a proximity thing (can rarely park right next to one of the 1/4 mile marks). Certainly nice to get my heart rate down a bit.

Happy Sunday!!

Been a rough week with the sinuses. Not sure what the hell I've been fighting for 3 weeks, but finally breathing almost normally this weekend. Good to get a workout in.

Strength training:

Goblet squats: 5x5x35lb

Deadlifts: 1x5x135lb, 2x5x160lb

Barbell Glute Bridge: 5x5x160lb

Plank: 1x60sec

Scissor kicks: 3x20

Food: been a good week, but a little over today.
  • Just to add, the only cool down I do on runs is the short walk from closest 1/4 mile marker to my car (maybe 1/8th mile) and stretches when I get home. The main thing is the stretching. I firmly believe in the importance of good static stretching after every workout. The walk to my car is just a proximity thing (can rarely park right next to one of the 1/4 mile marks). Certainly nice to get my heart rate down a bit.

My personal trainer told me that I had to get better about stretching at the end of my workouts. It is one of my goals for the next month until I meet with him again for my next assessment.

Cardio: 15 minutes walk/jog, .8 miles. Originally I had planned to do a whole C25K session, but the cardinals game ended later than I expected and I ran out of sunlight. But I did jog for 5 minutes straight outdoors (first time not on a treadmill) and it is something I want to repeat!

Strength: You Are Your Own Gym Basic Day 5
    Push-up Hands raised to knee height: 36 in 7.5 minutes. My hands were lower then the last time and I definitely felt the difference.

Let Me Ins knees at 90 degrees: 40 in 7.5 minutes. I found a better place at my gym to do these and felt them more but I think I need to progress to the next version because they were not as challenging as the other exercises today.

Seated Dips knees at 90 degrees: 36 in 7.5 minutes. I feel these every single time. They are definitely something I need to keep working on.

Let Me Ups knees at 90 degrees: 40 in 7.5 minutes. These are so hard. I have never been someone who could lift my body weight with my arms (even in elementary PE). But I love them because I feel a change already.

Dorsiflexor: 45 lbs 15 reps X2 New to me exercise recommended by my personal trainer. Loved it.

Assessment: Finally went to the grocery store so I have more veggies. I need to make more of an effort to get healthier protein into my diet. I had a shredded beef and bean burrito today which had a lot of protein, but also a lot of other things I didn't need so much of. :smile:
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!
    Today - shoulders
    start with cardio - 10 minutes ARC trainer, 35 res, 150 strides

Smith machine front shoulder press - 5x12, 95lbs, 115lbs, 135lbs, 155lbs, 175lbs
    super set with dumbell flys - 5x12, 25lbs and front dumbell raises - 5x12, 25lbs

Smith machine incline press 4x12, 115lbs, 135lbs, 175lbs, 225lbs
    super set with front rows - 4x12 60lbs

Front face pulls 4x15, 80lbs, 100lbs, 120lbs, 150lbs
    super set with triceps push down - 4x15 same weights as above

finish with cardio 10 minutes ARC trainer, 35 res, 150 strides

Breakfast - sliced ham, cheese and a pear.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! Bootcamp training this morning then one client then TKO. Going to finish putting up the rest of the outside lights today.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Disappointed in myself on how I ate this past week.
  • Cardio: C25K W5D1. Walk/Jog 1.64 miles. MFP estimate: 162 calories

Strength: Not tonight. I ended up skipping the gym for a PTO meeting. Depending on my daughter's homework load I may try to do the gym tomorrow night to make up for it. :smile:

Assessment: I have tried adding more protein today but I still ended up adding more fat and carbs in combination. Part of it was eating a left over burrito that I got as by accident from a restaurant (they gave me the wrong one first, and so they gave me the one I ordered as well). Awesome deal except when I put it in my tracker. :neutral_face: So low fat/low carb proteins are something I really need to focus on.