"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving (if you're in the U.S.).

I continue to fight either the remnants of a cold or some other sinus issue. Had low energy and frustrations with basic breathing Thursday and Friday, so no exercise.

Cardio: 5 mile run. Easy pace. December will be an easy pace kind of month as I prep for starting a true 80/20 plan in January, when I start training for my double half-marathon challenge in March.

Food: not bad. Only overate a little on Thanksgiving (pie!). Friday and Saturday have been on target.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm a little behind because of the holiday.

Cardio: Lots of walking--18.5K steps (Friday) and 9K steps (Saturday)

Strength: 52K lbs for an epic leg day (Friday) and total rest day (Saturday)

Assessment: Low on cals even though I ate half a pizza (Friday) but made up for it with lots of food, including chips and salsa, three enchiladas, and beans and rice (Saturday)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! Bootcamp training this morning then one client then TKO. Weekend was okay and I got the tree up on Saturday night. Was going to do the lights yesterday, but it rained all day.
    New month and new goals! Let's finish the year off with a bang!

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 2x25

Assessment: Eating wasn't great. I didn't pay much attention to my snacking and am sure I'm up because of it.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    Sunday was good...

Cardio: 11K steps

Strength: 16K lbs lifted (OHP, incline db bench, lat pull downs, yates rows, bb bicep curls, tricep rope push downs, upright rows

Assessment: Got a lot of fruit and veggies in. Water intake was also good.

• brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!

Finally got my butt in gear back to strength training. It'd been a month. Lazy me.

Bench Press: 5x5x75lb

Pendlay Row: 5x5x75lb

Barbell Shrugs: 1x5x75lb (checking it out as a possible add-in)

Pushups: 1x10 (ugh, felt too hard. I used to pop these out like nothing)

Goblet squats: 5x5x35lb

Food: on target.
  • I hope its okay to just join in.

Cardio: None today.

Strength: I followed You Are Your Own Gym--Basic.
    Push-Up with Hands at Hip Height: 43 reps (I think I need lower my hands next time)
    Let Me Ins: 46 (I also need to move up to the next harder level of these)
    Seated Dips with Knees Bent: 40 (these were killer for me)
    Let Me Ups: 36 (I am striving to type this post without moving my hands because honestly that hurts and I blame these)

Assessment: I didn't have the chance to make lunch and ended up eating out and having dessert (I really didn't need it). But I did end up under calories even without "eating back" my exercise calories so I think I did okay. Water, I did okay today.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I hope its okay to just join in.

Cardio: None today.

Strength: I followed You Are Your Own Gym--Basic.
    Push-Up with Hands at Hip Height: 43 reps (I think I need lower my hands next time)
    Let Me Ins: 46 (I also need to move up to the next harder level of these)
    Seated Dips with Knees Bent: 40 (these were killer for me)
    Let Me Ups: 36 (I am striving to type this post without moving my hands because honestly that hurts and I blame these)

Assessment: I didn't have the chance to make lunch and ended up eating out and having dessert (I really didn't need it). But I did end up under calories even without "eating back" my exercise calories so I think I did okay. Water, I did okay today.
    Welcome! Anyone can join in! The whole premise of the thread is to promote people to just be accountable everyday and gives them a chance to have a reference that they can see what they are doing on a day to day basis. Also, I give free advice if anyone needs help with their current program or any questions that may need addressing.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 1 client this morning and 2 tonight. Big rain day today here in the Bay Area. Will have to do cardio indoors...........bleh.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Really good day yesterday. Looking to take off a few pounds this month.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    Monday went well.

Cardio: 9.08 miles walked

Strength: Rest day

Assessment: Was a little short on veggies.

• Thank you for the welcome. I am super excited to participate--except today I was not very good at any of the areas. :smile:

Cardio: I thought about doing cardio but instead went to lunch with friends. Not sorry but I really should have worked out.

Strength: Rest day.

Assessment: I made healthier choices at each meal giving the options that I had but I really need to get better at eating what I bring for lunch.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Welcome, Phoenix!!

Happy Tuesday!!

Cardio: 4 mile run. easy pace except for a sprint for a quarter mile. 43 minutes.

Food: okay.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    Tuesday was awesome!

Cardio: 7.48 miles walked

Strength: 5/3/1 Deadlifts with front squats, Bulgarian split squats, and overhead squats for accessories.

Assessment: Got in all my fruits and veggies, protein, water, etc. were all on target.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! No clients this morning, then strength and TKO tonight. Another rainy day. Not much this morning so I may get outside before it hits harder.

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 4sets

Assessment: Not the best day, but I still did okay with food.
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I do my workouts at night so - Here is Last Night's workout

- Cybex (Arch Trainer) 20 mins
    - Ab Circuit Below:
    * Cable Cross 3 sets with 12.5 weight
    * Cable Side Pull 3 sets with 12.5 weight
    * Bicycle - 1 set of 20 + 2 set 15
    * (3) 30 second planks
    * Standing side crunches with 17.5 lbs dumbbell
    - Stationary Bike 20 mins

- Full body stretch
  • Cardio: C25K Week 4 Day 3. 1.74 miles in 32 minutes (this is a slight improvement over my last run, but the thing I am most proud of is that I got back to the gym during lunch which has been something I have slacked on way too much)

Strength: Nothing. Today I met with my trainer to re-do my fitness assessment to see if I have made progress or not. Some really positive things (my heart rate on the three minute walking test went down a lot!) and some things that did not move (my weight--grrr!). So I have some different things to focus on over the next four weeks when I will redo the test again.

Assessment: I need to get back to focusing on my diet because I know that is the biggest part of my lack of weight change. I know part of it is Thanksgiving--but since Christmas is coming I can't use that as an excuse. I don't want to weight the same thing next assessment! :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I do my workouts at night so - Here is Last Night's workout

- Cybex (Arch Trainer) 20 mins
    - Ab Circuit Below:
    * Cable Cross 3 sets with 12.5 weight
    * Cable Side Pull 3 sets with 12.5 weight
    * Bicycle - 1 set of 20 + 2 set 15
    * (3) 30 second planks
    * Standing side crunches with 17.5 lbs dumbbell
    - Stationary Bike 20 mins

- Full body stretch
    Welcome!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! One client this morning then 2 tonight! It's raining all this week, but I was able to get my cardio in outdoors, I just brought an umbrella just in case.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: Was pretty good yesterday. Down a little this morning.
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    Wednesday was a rest day.

Cardio: walked 5.37 total miles

Strength: nothing

Assessment: Food was spot on and water was great. Super sore glutes from Tuesday's leg session.

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    today was trainer day:
    10 min ARC trainer at 35 resistance (150 steps per minute)
    bench press - 20/15/15/12/12/5/5/12/12/15
    tricep extentions - 4x25
    lying t-bar rows - 4x25
    curls - 4x15
    leg press - 9x15
    hamstring curls - 5x15
    leg extentions - 5x20
    ab crunch machine - 4x25
    10 min ARC trainer at 35 resistance (150 steps per minute)
    Total burn -> 812 cals by HRM
    4 cups of water already this morning and protein shake/banana for breakfast
    feel good, feels good to hit it hard again (have been off my game for the last few days because my daughter broke her wrist and I've been dealing with that).
  • Cardio: not today

Strength: New Rules of Lifting for Women (stage 2--I am calling this a test day because I was not as aggressive with my weights because I
    Deadlift 35 (plus bar) 2X10
    Bulgarian Split Squats 2X5lb dumbbells 2X10 on each leg
    Underhand closed grip pull down 45 1X10 60 1X10
    Dumbbell Prone Cuban Snatch 5lb dumbbells 2X10
    Swiss Ball Crunch long arms 1X10 25lb plate 1X10
    Reverse Crunch 2X10
    Hanna Side flexion version 1 2X10 on each side
    Prone cobra 3X20 seconds

Assessment: Felt better about my diet today, but I need to get to the store and get more leafy green veggies. They are lacking in my diet.