"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!

Strength training (upper body focus):

Bench press: 1x5x65lb, 5x5x75lb

Overhead Press: 1x5x45lb, 3x5x50lb

Pendlay Row: 1x5x65lb, 5x5x75lb

Push ups: 1x10

Barbell Shrugs: 1x5x45lb

Food: good day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! 1 client this morning and 2 tonight. String of lights were bad, so I need to pick one up today to replace it.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Back on track and dropped some water weight that hung on this weekend.
  • Cardio: Only a few minutes on the cross trainer to warm-up

Strength: I planned to do NROL4W Stage 2 Workout 1B but ran out of gas. So I don't call it complete but I still got a hell of a workout so that's a win--
    Deadlift 40 lbs (+the bar) 10 reps X 2 sets
    Bulgarian Split Squat 7.5 lbs 10 reps X 2 sets (I did the second set with my back foot on a bosa ball and I loved it. Really forced me to concentrate on working the front leg which is the supposed to be the focus.)
    Underhand Grip Lat Pulldown 75lbs 10 reps X 2 sets (I had to wait forever for one of the two machines in my gym--the people on them kept going from one exercise to another on the same machine. It was during that weight that my energy kind of dwindled so I need to find some other way to handle that situation.)
    Lunge from Box 7.5 lbs 10 reps X 1 set (I need to check the description of this one in the book--I wasn't 100% confident I was doing it right.)
    Swiss Ball Crunch 10 reps X 2 sets (I forgot to do one of the harder versions so it wasn't as challenging as it should have been.)
    Reverse Crunch 10 reps X 2 sets (I need to do these more often--love them!)
    Hanna Side Flexion 3 10 reps X 2 sets (I think I need to find another way to target obliques--not sure these are really doing it for me)

At this point I step away from the routine in the book and started working on some of the areas that my trainer recommended I work on:
    Glute machine 20 lbs 10 reps X 2 sets (I will probably go up in weight next time although I did feel it--I wouldn't call it challenging.)
    Back extension 35 lbs 10 reps X 1 set 50 lbs 10 reps X 1 set (I think I need to up this one again but I am a little hesitant as this is an area I don't want to challenge to the point of injury but my trainer and I talked and he said that doing a little more targeted work here would help with lifts later.

Assessment: I tried some new recipes and ideas for protein and found some things I love love love, but I am still a little high on carbs. Part of it is eating at another person's house and having a little less say on what I eat. But I don't feel like I went completely overboard and that is a small win I think. :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! No clients this morning, then strength and TKO tonight. Get my van back today from the auto body shop. Big rain today so good thing.

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: A little over yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hanna Side Flexion 3 10 reps X 2 sets (I think I need to find another way to target obliques--not sure these are really doing it for me)
    Try a hanging or seated leg raise, but turn your hips to "tabletop" and towards one elbow then repeat on the other side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVBvu40Sks

• brandiuntz
    Options
    Forgot to check in yesterday!

Tuesday:

Cardio: 4 mile run. One tempo rep (.5 mile), rest at easy pace. Still fighting sinus issues.

Food: another good day.
  • ninerbuff wrote: »
    Try a hanging or seated leg raise, but turn your hips to "tabletop" and towards one elbow then repeat on the other side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctVBvu40Sks

I don't think I have the upper body strength (yet) for the hanging, but seated leg raise look perfect for my needs. I can't wait to try again next time session. :smile:
  • Cardio: C25K W5D2 1.65 miles in 33 minutes. I jogged for 8 minutes straight twice--that is a win in my book. :smile:
    Roller skating with my daughter at the local skating rink (fundraiser for her school). Admittedly, more fun than exercise but I am feeling it in my thighs right now so I am counting it. :wink:

Strength: Not today

Assessment: The skate rink food was not a good addition to my diet, but since it is not a normal thing for me I am okay with it. :smile:
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!

Ok, finally, sinuses seem to be clearing up (nearly a month later, sheesh)

Strength training:

Goblet squat: 5x5x35lb

Dead lift: 2x5x155lb (backed off 5lbs due to minor knee pain and sore back)

Barbell Glute Bridge: 5x5x155lb

Food: too much chocolate. Week total is okay, though.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Wednesday was a day off. Happy Thursday!

Strength training: Wendler's C2, W3 hit a bench PR--95x4! Accessories were yates rows, shrugs, db OHP, and wg lat pull downs.

Cardio: None

Food:
    I think I was a little low yesterday on my intake.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! One client this morning then 2 tonight! One of the biggest storms in awhile is coming through the Bay Area. Severe enough to close down just about every school district but ours.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: Not a great day, but all in all I was still within calorie range.
  • Cardio: Not today

Strength: You Are Your Own Gym Day 5
    Back Lunges: Bodyweight 36 each leg in 7.5 minutes (met goal)
    One Legged Romanian Deadlifts: Bodyweight 30 each leg in 7.5 minutes (did not meet goal but I am starting to feel more confident with this one. Balance has never been my strong suit--but I am getting better)
    Squats: Bodyweight Sumo stance 40 in 7.5 minutes (need to slow down to make them harder)
    Swimmers: Bodyweight 46 in 7.5 minutes (need to slow down to make them harder--but I did feel these the most of any of the exercises I did today)

Assessment: I had a cheat lunch and while I know it blew my calories for the day, I do not regret it. I had a sensible dinner. I know I will get back on track tomorrow. But today at lunch I needed to splurge. :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients this morning, one this evening and TKO tonight! Rain is calming down, though still some issues with flooding in some areas.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Did have a premium wrap from McD's yesterday.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Glad it's Friday

Cardio: Hoping to get a walk in at lunch

Strength: Cycle 2, Week 3 of Wendler's 5/3/1 squats. Hit my targets, but wasn't feeling it so didn't do any accessories.

Assessment: Was short on fruits and veggies yesterday. Energy level is low.

• Today, I ended up completely resting. I think I needed it because even without a workout I am exhausted right now. Tomorrow morning gym time, and I am really excited about it. :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! One client this morning then strength training class. DD goes to another kids party today. Gives me time to do some house cleaning before my BIL and SIL come to stay with us for the holidays.

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Panda Express last night.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Today, I ended up completely resting. I think I needed it because even without a workout I am exhausted right now. Tomorrow morning gym time, and I am really excited about it. :smile:
    Rest is good. Body doesn't rebuild on workout days but rest days.

• brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

Strength training:

Bench press: 5x5x77.5lb

Overhead Press: 5x5x50lb

Pendlay Row: 5x5x75lb

Barbell Shrugs: 1x5x45lb

Plank: 1x60sec

Flutter Kicks: 3x20

Food: okay
  • I forgot to post yesterday, but here is the info:

Cardio: None

Strength:
    Front Squat/Push Press: 40 lbs X 10 reps/40 lbs X 6 reps/30 lbs X 4 reps (I did not think I would be able to hold that 40 above my head another 4 times, and did not want to risk dropping it on myself. I will probably start with 40 again next time I do this workout though--good challenge)

Step-Ups: 30 lbs X 10 reps X 2 sets on a step 5 risers high (this was a higher step than I have used before--killer in a good way)

Dumbbell One-Point Rows: 10 lbs (x 2 dumbbells--should I count that as 20?) X 10 reps x 2 sets (becoming a favorite :smile: )

Static Lunge with Rear Foot Elevated: 10 lbs (X 2 dumbbells) X 10 reps X 2 sets

Push-up hands on weight bench: BW X 10 reps X 2 sets

Plank: 30s (I need to get this number up but with it at the end, I am truly spent by this point. I need to do more work on these at the beginning I think)

Cable Horizontal Wood Chop: 19 lbs X 10 reps X 2 sets (I love these too)

Assessment: Okay. I went to lunch with friends from work but had a salad with salsa instead of dressing (awesome). The best part was tasting the new tofu option at chipotle. So much better than I expected and probably my new favorite option there. :smile:

Today:
    My daughter got diagnosed with Strep (again!!!!) so no gym or going out anywhere with other children. This is the fourth time in less than six months but the doctor says she is still not a candidate to have her tonsils removed. I am not a big proponent of surgery or anything but it cannot be good for her to be on antibiotics this often. And I know it is not good for me to take this many days off from work. Okay, I am done venting now. Thank you for listening. Back to the gym tomorrow when she has been on meds for more than 24 hours.
  • ninerbuff wrote: »
    Today, I ended up completely resting. I think I needed it because even without a workout I am exhausted right now. Tomorrow morning gym time, and I am really excited about it. :smile:
    Rest is good. Body doesn't rebuild on workout days but rest days.

Best decision for me. My workout the next day was awesome--best I have felt in a couple of weeks. :smile:

It is weird. I have read a lot about avoiding overtraining and it seems like it would seem so obvious that one is getting into the territory of overtraining. But when it is you (in this case me), it is easy to convince yourself that one more workout out is a good thing. Or to convince yourself that it is just laziness telling you not to go to the gym. Or something like that. I am finding it is all part of the learning process to find out what is really your body saying rest and what is laziness testing your resolve. :smile: