"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:

Cardio: 25 minute zumba video

Strength: 65 minutes of Power Yoga. No weights!

Today:

No cardio! It's kind of nice to take a day off.

Strength:
    Squats: 3 sets of 10, 45 lbs
    Step up onto a tall box: 3 sets of 10, 20 lbs
    Donkey Kicks: 3 sets of 15, 10 lbs
    Lying Adductor Lifts: 3 sets of 15 each leg, 10 lbs
    Lying Abductor Lifts: 3 sets of 15 each leg, 10 lbs

I plan on doing a yin yoga class tonight. Lots of stretches held for 2-4 minutes at a time. Can't wait to try it out!

Food: Hit my calorie goals yesterday, but I was very low on protein. Went shopping this AM to get more supplies and today I am on track both with calorie goals and protein goals. The challenge of getting in adequate protein when your calories are restricted is so real.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!!

Cardio: 6 mile run, mix of tempo and easy pace.

Food: er, polished off that ice cream. At least it's out of the house now. :p
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    Yesterday was a rest day so I rested.............LOL

Today was a training session and we worked on my dead lift...........I've been a little hesitant to increase the weight and so he forced me a little and I got up to 175 lbs unassisted. Went for 185 but hesitated a little about half way up so he grabbed the bar and helped me a little. My highest before was 155 lbs. Then he showed me some more things to do with my resistance bands.

Exercise: 10 min calisthenic warmup including leg swings, pushups, planks, TRX pistol squats and rear deltoid fly. 60 min strength training w/Brent including Dead Lifts>8@ 115, 6@ 135, 4@ 145, 1@ 155, 1@ 175 1@ 185 (assisted), 10 reps each side bench split squats w/red & green bands, 10 reps each side single leg RDL w/red & green bands, 10 reps high row w/red & green bands, 10 reps squat press w/red bands.

Food: Yesterday I stayed around 1600 since it was a rest day and today I'm shooting for 1700 if I can..........I may be hungry though.
    WOW. That's a good weight for any female to deadlift. Congrats.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Yesterday:

Today:

Strength:

I plan on doing a yin yoga class tonight. Lots of stretches held for 2-4 minutes at a time. Can't wait to try it out!

Food: Hit my calorie goals yesterday, but I was very low on protein. Went shopping this AM to get more supplies and today I am on track both with calorie goals and protein goals. The challenge of getting in adequate protein when your calories are restricted is so real.
    Consider protein powders and beef jerky. 1oz of beef jerky gives you about 14g. Just beware of the sodium in some.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!!

Cardio: 6 mile run, mix of tempo and easy pace.

Food: er, polished off that ice cream. At least it's out of the house now. :p
    Hahaha! That's right, you can't leave ice cream unattended or it will get lonely.

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Thanks Niner.............I give my trainer a lot of the credit...........he knows when to push me a little. I had a mental block at 155................LOL
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! No clients this morning, strength class, TKO and 1 client tonight. Mask training was tough yesterday hiking up Del Valle trail. Gonna do it again today.

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: I did alright yesterday.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Here's a rant I posted on my newsfeed this morning..................probably doesn't relate to most of you but someone else who might be lurking might find it interesting.

I don't rant very often but here goes..............I was browsing through bodybuilders.com awhile ago after following a link there about exercise for seniors. Their recommendation for over 65 year olds was a couple days of circuit training with light weights and a few days of walking. It sort of pissed me off because most 65 year olds can do more than that if they want, or work up to it.

Then the other day I read a complaint in the newspaper from a 65 year old man about age discrimination at his doctor's office. He's a very active 65 year old and went in complaining of knee pain............his doc said maybe he should be cutting back a little on the exercise at his age. Seriously?

I don't know about other 65 year olds, but I plan on having at least another 20 years of an active life. As soon as I quit everything I'm doing, and retire to a daily walk once or twice a week and 5 lb weights, I believe that 20 could easily turn into only 10 or 15. I bounced back from 3 herniated discs, a broken foot and a deadly intestinal bacteria that kept me out of commission for 18 months..........so I think at 65 I still have a little life left in me.

Even my enlightened kids suggest that I be careful because they don't want me to hurt myself, and yet I'm betting that right now I'm decidedly healthier than any of them.

So.......the moral of this story is just because we, or you, are getting older, doesn't mean we can't achieve a level of health through diet and exercise that compares to many people much younger than we are.

BTW, my trainer called BS on Bodybuilders.com and the doctor. With his encouragement yesterday I was able to achieve a new PR of 175lb on my dead lift. He thinks I'll easily make it to 200 soon. It took me a year and a half but so what, I have plenty of time.
  • LovelyIvy466
    Options
    Thanks Niner.............I give my trainer a lot of the credit...........he knows when to push me a little. I had a mental block at 155................LOL

See now THIS makes me want a trainer. I've worked with a few in years past, but I didn't really have articulated fitness goals outside of 'be skinny' so it didn't work out. Hmm. Definitely food for thought.
  • LovelyIvy466
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Yesterday:

Today:

Strength:

Consider protein powders and beef jerky. 1oz of beef jerky gives you about 14g. Just beware of the sodium in some.
    Thanks! I need to find a new protein powder. Currently using muscle milk light (it was on sale) and it has a fairly low amount of protein given the calories.
  • luluinca
    Options

See now THIS makes me want a trainer. I've worked with a few in years past, but I didn't really have articulated fitness goals outside of 'be skinny' so it didn't work out. Hmm. Definitely food for thought.

I really can't recommend it enough. I've had two trainers in the last year and a half. My first one was called "Doc" at the gym I go to. She helped me rehab a pretty serious back injury through lots of core and stabilizing exercises with weights, along with weight loss. Lots of circuit type work. Then I moved onto my newer coach last September when I felt strong enough for heavier weights..............love it. He's a former Marine and pretty intense but he knows when to push me and has an instinct for what I'm capable of. I put the hard work in but I doubt I'd be this far along doing it on my own..........to be honest.

• brandiuntz
    Options

Big props! This is my reminder to get mine past 155lb. I've done 160lb in the past, but between being somewhat inconsistent with the weightlifting and concerned about maintaining form, I've been staying at 155lb to be "safe".
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!

Strength Training:

Bench Press: 3x5x75lb
    OHP: 3x5x50lb
    Pendlay Row: 3x5x75lb

Flutter Kicks: 3x20

Food: ugh, too much. Need to get my act together on the eating. At least I've been maintaining.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! No clients this morning and 2 tonight. Laundry and hiking again today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: All food was take out yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

A lot of people use me like once a month to set a program for them and make sure they do it correctly. It doesn't have to be week to week thing.

• luluinca
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Got my workout in this morning and then we're taking off for the night...............

Exercise: 15 min calisthenics warmup including 3X 10 standard pushups, 2X 60 sec forearm plank w/elevated leg and kickout, 2X 12 goblet squats w/20 lbs, 2X 10 renegade rows w/20 lbs, 2X 12 situps w/12 lb ball, 2X 20 crunch twists w/12 lb ball. 45 min Strength training including leg press 15@ 310 lbs > 12 @ 400 > 10 @ 490 > 6 @ 510 lbs (personal record), bench press 2X 5 @ 65 lbs > 2X 5 @ 75 lbs > 1X 5 @ 80 lbs, 3 X 6 single arm row from bench w/35 lbs, 3X 10 standing overhead tricep extension with 15/15 lbs, 3X 10 standing bicep curl with 15/15 lbs, 3X 8 seated row w/70 lbs, 3 X 8 inner thigh @ 100. 20 min bike.

Food: We're eating out tonight and then a Mother's Day Brunch on Sat so this will just be the first of two bad days. I gave up logging restaurant meals and just try to eat less the rest of the day and make the best choices I can.

Lost another .5 lb..................only 7.5 to go............ ;)

Have a great day..........
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Thursday!!

Cardio: 6 mile run, easy pace.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 1 client this morning, one tonight then TKO. Just workout today. Maybe some hedge trimming based on whether or not the weather permits.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: I did okay yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning just strength class. Nerf gun party for my DD today. I'll just be getting in some extra relax time.

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I did okay yesterday. Could have done without the candy.
  • luluinca
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Had another nice little getaway Thursday night but I definitely ate too much so tried to make up for it yesterday food wise and today exercise wise. Of course we're doing brunch today so...................another tough day. I'll just try to stick to protein and veggies and lay low on the carbs and sweets (if I can....LOL).

No real exercise yesterday..........just a quick walk with the dog but kept my calories under 1600.

Today's exercise: 15 min calisthenics warmup including 2X 10 pushups, 2X 60 sec forearm planks w/elevated leg and kickouts, 2X 12 goblet squats w/20 lb DB, 2X 10 renegade rows w/20 lb DB's, 60 sec reverse crunch, 2X 10 back extensions w/10 lb plate, 2X 10 each side incline bench crunch twists. 60 min strength training including Dead Lifts.....2X 5 @ 135 lbs, 1X 5 @ 145 lbs, 1X 3 @ 155 lbs and 1@ 165 lbs, 2X 8 each side split squats w/red & green bands, 2X 15 kneeling lat pull down w/30/30 cables, 2X 12 chest press w/red & green bands, 2X 12 bicep curls w/red band, 2X 12 each side twist w/red band, 2X 12 deltoid fly w/green band, 3X 8 inner thigh w/100, 2X 6 assisted pullups (4 bars up), 2X 8 assisted dips (7 bars up).

I managed a 165 lb dead lift on my own again so I finally conquered the 155 lb mental block. Wasn't feeling the 175 again though............not yet that is.....

Hope you're all having a nice weekend and enjoying Mother's Day!!!