"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! No clients this morning, strength class, TKO and 1 client tonight. Laundry...........again.

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Did really well yesterday.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited April 2015
    Hump Day!!!!

Really got back to normal here both exercise and food wise. I'm much happier when I can stick to my plan. ;)

Took it a little easy on myself today because I have a training session tomorrow and I never know how tough it's going to be.........the last two weeks were challenging.

Exercise: Foam roller/stretches. 30 min calisthenics/circuit training including 3X 10 standard pushups, 3X 10 situps w/12 lb ball, 3X 20 crunch twists w/12 lb ball, 3X 12 goblet squats w/20 lbs, 2X 60 sec forearm plank w/kickouts, 3X 10 lateral raise w/8/8 lbs, 3X 12 standing bicep curl w/15/15 lbs, 3X 10 each side cable twist w/30 lbs. 30 min fast swim.

I haven' t gained or lost weight in the last week or two so I guess I've been maintaining, but between the parties and days at the beach and less exercise, I suppose I should be grateful.

Food: Right around 1700 and got in about 125 protein.............that's a good day for me.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! No clients this morning and 2 tonight. Getting a leaky AC line fixed today so I have AC this summer.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: Did really really good yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    luluinca wrote: »
    Hump Day!!!!

Really got back to normal here both exercise and food wise. I'm much happier when I can stick to my plan. ;)

Took it a little easy on myself today because I have a training session tomorrow and I never know how tough it's going to be.........the last two weeks were challenging.

Exercise: Foam roller/stretches. 30 min calisthenics/circuit training including 3X 10 standard pushups, 3X 10 situps w/12 lb ball, 3X 20 crunch twists w/12 lb ball, 3X 12 goblet squats w/20 lbs, 2X 60 sec forearm plank w/kickouts, 3X 10 lateral raise w/8/8 lbs, 3X 12 standing bicep curl w/15/15 lbs, 3X 10 each side cable twist w/30 lbs. 30 min fast swim.

I haven' t gained or lost weight in the last week or two so I guess I've been maintaining, but between the parties and days at the beach and less exercise, I suppose I should be grateful.

Food: Right around 1700 and got in about 125 protein.............that's a good day for me.
    Anytime you're trying to lose, then party and don't gain that's a win!

• luluinca
    Lol Niner...............I agree.

I had an amazing training day today..............I really felt strong but got in a good workout and I'm pretty sure I'll be sore tomorrow. I bought some resistance bands finally and my trainer worked them in today.................WOW..................I've really been missing out.

Exercise: Foam roller/stretches. 15 min calisthenics/warmup including 3X 10 pushups, 3X 10 renegade rows w/17.5 lbs, 3X 15 goblet squats w/20 lbs, 3X 30 knee in planks, 2X 60 sec forearm planks w/elevated leg and kickout. 60 minute strength training w/resistance bands and Brent including 3X 8 cable depth squats @ 60/60, 3X 20 Red + Green bands row, 3/x 15 each side Red band twist, 3X 10 kneeling cable lat pulldown w/27/27, 3X 15 Yellow band rear deltoid fly, 3X 12 Red + Green bands chest press.

Food: Right around 1700 and really well balanced Macros. It's so great to be back to normal.

One more day to TGIF!!! I think we have a relaxing weekend planned for a change except I'll be going to the gym both Sat and Sun..................I'm determined to get back to 4 or 5 days a week.

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Happy Thursday!

Cardio: 6 mile run. 2 miles on the mountain bike trails...how I missed them. Rest on the standard trail/track at the park, easy pace. Saw lots of rabbits!

Food: on target, though light on the protein.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 1 client this morning, one tonight then TKO. New month! Get to see the AVENGERS today with my DD!!!

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: I did okay yesterday.
  • luluinca
    TGIF............finally!!!!

I had a good day........just a dog walk but we did 2.6 miles at a fast pace and it was so nice this morning that I didn't need my lightweight jacket even. We walk on horse trails here and it's really beautiful early in the day.

Back to the gym tomorrow............I'll probably do a light calisthenic warmup and swim because I'm going back on Sunday to repeat yesterday's routine that I did with my trainer.

Food today was good and I managed my macros, protein and calories well. I'm a little hungry though....LOL
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    edited May 2015
    I'm in!

I started lifting heavier this week, with a goal of progressively lifting heavier each week for the next three months (to start) and have bought a new weight set. I added a barbell bench press to my chest/back routine yesterday. I reduced the # of exercises I do from 8 to 6, lowered the # of reps and increased the weights (was using dumbbells for everything except squats and deadlifts before, and was recently having to add reps to reach exhaustion). I also increased my time between sets, and my chest/back routine was a LOT less aerobically intense than usual, but I lifted a lot heavier. Today I was sore and a bit more depleted than usual, so I should have adjusted my yoga practice accordingly.

Yesterday

Cardio: 20 minutes HIIT on the elliptical (with warm up and cool down)

Strength: 75 Pushups (on my knees)
    Deadlifts (45 lbs)
    Bench Press (45 lbs)
    Pendlay Row (45 lbs)
    Skull Crushers (10 lbs)
    Bicep Curls (10 lbs)

Followed by 15 minutes of restorative yoga

Today:
    Cardio: 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer, resistance level 4 (approx. 400 calories)

Strength: No lifting, did a power yoga class. I had zero endurance and had to stop the workout several times. I should have chosen a hatha or restorative class. Lesson learned! ETA: On the plus side, the mobility in my hips and hamstrings is really coming along. My form in downward facing dog is much better than when I started my practice two months ago and I can hold them longer. I am comfortable in poses like pigeon and double lotus, which are new for me. I can comfortably balance in padangusthasana (standing pose with one leg extended, held by hooking our finger around your toe). I haven't done any but the gentlest inversions, but will probably introduce supported headstands into my practice next week. They're soothing.
  • ninerbuff
    I'm in!

I started lifting heavier this week, with a goal of progressively lifting heavier each week for the next three months (to start) and have bought a new weight set. I added a barbell bench press to my chest/back routine yesterday. I reduced the # of exercises I do from 8 to 6, lowered the # of reps and increased the weights (was using dumbbells for everything except squats and deadlifts before, and was recently having to add reps to reach exhaustion). I also increased my time between sets, and my chest/back routine was a LOT less aerobically intense than usual, but I lifted a lot heavier. Today I was sore and a bit more depleted than usual, so I should have adjusted my yoga practice accordingly.

Yesterday

Cardio: 20 minutes HIIT on the elliptical (with warm up and cool down)

Strength: 75 Pushups (on my knees)
    Deadlifts (45 lbs)
    Bench Press (45 lbs)
    Pendlay Row (45 lbs)
    Skull Crushers (10 lbs)
    Bicep Curls (10 lbs)

Followed by 15 minutes of restorative yoga

Today:
    Cardio: 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer, resistance level 4 (approx. 400 calories)

Strength: No lifting, did a power yoga class. I had zero endurance and had to stop the workout several times. I should have chosen a hatha or restorative class. Lesson learned! ETA: On the plus side, the mobility in my hips and hamstrings is really coming along. My form in downward facing dog is much better than when I started my practice two months ago and I can hold them longer. I am comfortable in poses like pigeon and double lotus, which are new for me. I can comfortably balance in padangusthasana (standing pose with one leg extended, held by hooking our finger around your toe). I haven't done any but the gentlest inversions, but will probably introduce supported headstands into my practice next week. They're soothing.
    Welcome! As you can see this is a continuing accountability thread and you can also ask me questions since I'm a Certified PT and Group Fitness trainer!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning just strength class. Party for one of my friends daughter's then over to my uncle's for family party and to watch the PACQUIAO fight! Go Pacquiao!!!

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Yesterday was my worst day eating of the week. But I love hot dogs and popcorn at the movies.
  • LovelyIvy466
    edited May 2015
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning just strength class. Party for one of my friends daughter's then over to my uncle's for family party and to watch the PACQUIAO fight! Go Pacquiao!!!

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Yesterday was my worst day eating of the week. But I love hot dogs and popcorn at the movies.

Haha, currently wearing my Captain America tshirt, on my way to the theater. ETA: I should mention that it's a new tshirt in a medium (woot!) and fits everywhere but the arms, which are tight around my biceps. #swole

I plan to give myself a break on the eating, as I've only gone over my calories once in the last few months. It's Avengers day, yaaaaaay!
  • luluinca
    Got a lot done today including the gym. The pool was crowded so I rode a stationary bike instead but tried to save something for tomorrow's workout................a repeat of Thursday's.

Exercise: Foam roller/stretches. 35 min circuit training/calisthenics including 3X 10 standard pushups, 3X 12 situps w/12 lb medicine ball, 3X 20 crunch twists w/12 lb medicine ball, 2X 60 sec forearm plank w/elevated leg and kickouts, 60 sec reverse plank, 3X 10 renegade rows w/17.25 lbs, 2X 15 swiss ball crunches w/25 lb plate, 2X 15 gobles squats w/20 lbs, 2X 10 each side static fwd lunges w/15 lb shoulder press, 2X 12 back extensions w/10 lbs, 2X 12 each side incline side crunches w/twist, 2X 10 hanging leg lifts. 25 min bike 12.5 mph at resistance 9.

Food: Today is a 1750 day because of today's workout............but also tomorrow's which will be harder. I haven't lost weight but I seem to be getting smaller................YAY! I'll take that.

Welcome to the group Lovely!!!!

Happy Saturday everyone!
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Sunday, everyone!

Took Friday & Saturday off from exercise, and really shouldn't have skipped Satuday. Felt sluggish today.

Two games of softball as catcher. We won our first game of the season (finally!).

Cardio: 3.5 mile run. Was going to stay on a nature trail, but between all the mud and a snake that refused to move, I ran the final 2 miles on the road/track at the park. Easy pace.

Food: Way over on Friday, did not track on Saturday (a long overdue "lazy" day). On target today.
  • luluinca
    Had a great weekend..............we stayed close to home for a change so it was much easier to stay focused.

Exercise: 10 min calisthenic warm up including pushups, planks and squats and 5 minutes on stairs. 60 min strength training w/resistance bands including, 3X 6 cable depth squats w/60/60, 3X 20 band rows w/red & green bands, 3X 15 band twists w/red band, 3X 15 kneeling lat pull down w/30/30, 3X 15 red band bicep curl, 3X 15 yellow band rear deltoid fly, 3X 12 chest press w/red & green band, 3X 10 inner thighs w/90 and 2X 10 each leg glute master w/30.

Food: Nothing unusual this weekend.........1750 yesterday and 1650 today. I'm hoping to get back to losing now instead of maintaining. I don't have that far to go and would like to get there this summer.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 2 clients this morning, 1 this evening then TKO. Last session of TKO. Today I also start training with my elevation mask to be ready for my Half Dome hike on Aug. 31. I tried it yesterday and it's obviously going to be harder to breathe when using it. Not much to do today except get groceries.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Long weekend with parties. Again.
  • LovelyIvy466
    edited May 2015
    Saturday: 3 hours of walking and shopping in Manhattan. Makes me wish I had a pedometer!

Yesterday:

Cardio: 10 minute warm up on the elliptical

Strength:
    Shoulders!
    One-armed kettle bell swings to warm up, 3 sets w. 10 lbs, 20-15-10 reps
    Upright Rows, 2 sets of 8 with 35 lbs, felt my form start to go so I did a last set with 10 lbs, 15 reps
    Front Raises, 3 sets of 8, 10 lbs
    Barbell Shrug, 3 sets of 12, 35 lbs
    Overhead Press, 3 sets of 8, 35 lbs

ETA: I planned to indulge on Saturday and I kind of did. Had a small breakfast and ate one big (for me) and indulgent meal. I was still so full when I got home that I skipped dinner, and wound up a few hundred calories below my MFP suggested amount for the day (since I spent so much of it walking around Manhattan, and burned a lot of exercise calories). On Sunday I basically used all those calories up, lol. I was good during the day- lots of veggies, salmon, quinoa, low-fat chicken sausages, a smoothie made with fruit, dairy, protein and veggies. But I was still hungry that evening, and I indulged in a glass of wine, some manchego cheese and sweet potato chips. I didn't binge, but I definitely ate back any calories I didn't eat on Saturday. Oh well.
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Monday!!

Strength Training:

Goblet Squats: 2x5x35lb
    Sumo Deadlifts: 2x5x135lb
    Barbell Glute Bridge: 3x5x155lb

Food: a little too much ice cream.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 1 client this morning and 2 tonight. Training with elevation mask went well yesterday. I'm trying it today hiking a popular trail here with some elevation today.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Back on track!
  • luluinca
    Yesterday was a rest day so I rested.............LOL

Today was a training session and we worked on my dead lift...........I've been a little hesitant to increase the weight and so he forced me a little and I got up to 175 lbs unassisted. Went for 185 but hesitated a little about half way up so he grabbed the bar and helped me a little. My highest before was 155 lbs. Then he showed me some more things to do with my resistance bands.

Exercise: 10 min calisthenic warmup including leg swings, pushups, planks, TRX pistol squats and rear deltoid fly. 60 min strength training w/Brent including Dead Lifts>8@ 115, 6@ 135, 4@ 145, 1@ 155, 1@ 175 1@ 185 (assisted), 10 reps each side bench split squats w/red & green bands, 10 reps each side single leg RDL w/red & green bands, 10 reps high row w/red & green bands, 10 reps squat press w/red bands.

Food: Yesterday I stayed around 1600 since it was a rest day and today I'm shooting for 1700 if I can..........I may be hungry though.