"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    If you're recovery to work out the next time is fine, any combination you feel works for you is okay. There really isn't a set way to workout for anyone with the exception of not working out a muscle with moderate resistance training on back to back days.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! Got a dental appointment, then a member assessment, client this evening then TKO class. Just hanging out in the day to check out the roofer's work.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: It was a junk food day for me yesterday.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Thanks Niner

Today was a rest day................I slept all afternoon. I guess I'm still playing catch up from vacation.............LOL

Food, I ate a handful of Good N Plenty's but otherwise it's been a good day. I still stayed under on sugar and my calories were in the 1650 range. I lost about 1/2 pound from pre- vacation weight so that ended up being a good result from traveling.

Tomorrow, I'm going back to the gym and doing squats and dead lifts along with some accessory stuff. Sunday I'll probably swim and do about 15 or 20 minutes of calisthenics and some stretching.

Have a nice weekend!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning just strength class. Party at aunt's house later today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: A little over.
  • luluinca
    I had a good workout this morning and felt strong so I went for my higher weights on both DL and squats. I didn't do as many reps as I wanted but I felt good about it. Worked mostly on arms afterwards.

Exercise: Foam roller/stretches. 15 min calisthenics warmup incl pushups, planks, squats, back extensions, incline side crunches. 5 min bike warmup. 60 min weight lifting including, 5/3/1 dead lifts 135lbs to 155 lbs, 5/5/5 squats 85 lbs to 105 lbs, 5/5/5 depth squats 45lbs to 65 lbs, 3X 8 lat pulldown w/60 lbs, 3X 10 tricep extension and curl w/50 lbs, 3X 10 seated row w/70 lbs, 3X 10 inner thigh @ 90, 3X 8 bent over row w/bar and 35lbs, 3X 8 front pulldown w/70 lbs.

Food: Should be a good day and coming in under 1700. No Good N Plenty today....LOL
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Happy Saturday!

Cardio: 10 mile run, easy pace with fast finish (last 2 miles at race pace). 118 minutes.

Food: 400 over my goal.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Had a fun day today - ran a triathlon brick. 2.75 hr bike ride and then 30 minute run back to back. Leg felt like mush off the bike but soon recovered - total burn 2200 calories.

total calories 3400. Protein a bit low, carbs high - mainly due to loading and eating for the session
  • luluinca
    Not a great day................never made it to the gym. We went out to breakfast instead. I can't always say no to eating out I guess. I think I did well with the menu and made up for it the rest of the day. I'm a little hungry tonight though................time for tea I guess....LOL

Exercise: Walked the dog for about 40 minutes at a pretty fast pace and we took the path with the best incline. Also worked in the garden.

Food: Kept things pretty low today because I'm not really sure how much breakfast really was.

Looking forward to a swim tomorrow and some calisthenics. I can't overdo it because I see my trainer again on Tues and I hate going in sore already.

I'm not thrilled that tomorrow's Monday already! :#
  • ninerbuff
    luluinca wrote: »
    Not a great day................never made it to the gym. We went out to breakfast instead. I can't always say no to eating out I guess. I think I did well with the menu and made up for it the rest of the day. I'm a little hungry tonight though................time for tea I guess....LOL

Exercise: Walked the dog for about 40 minutes at a pretty fast pace and we took the path with the best incline. Also worked in the garden.

Food: Kept things pretty low today because I'm not really sure how much breakfast really was.

Looking forward to a swim tomorrow and some calisthenics. I can't overdo it because I see my trainer again on Tues and I hate going in sore already.

It's hard to be perfect all the time! Some days just aren't going to go the way we think they are. But good for you for keeping in control.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! No clients this morning, 1 this evening then new TKO session. Roofers come back the next couple of days to finish the job.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Weekend parties again, but still okay.
  • brandiuntz
    luluinca wrote: »

I had one of those Sunday's. Overate Saturday night (even though I'd run 10 miles!) and didn't work out as planned on Sunday, plus overate again. It happens to everyone. A few bad days don't matter in the long run.
  • luluinca
    Thanks for the encouragement Niner and Brandi. I'm anxious to get back to my normal routine this week and then I'll feel better.

Today was an easy day at the gym.

Exercise: Foam roller/stretches. 20 min calisthenics/warmup incl 3X 10 pushups, 3X 10 situps w/10 lb med ball, 3X 20 crunch twists w/10lb med ball, 2X 10 renegade rows w/15 lbs, 1X 10 renegade rows w/20 lbs, 2X 60 sec forearm plank w/elevated leg and kickouts, 2X 15 hand side planks w/rotation and 1X 60 sec reverse plank. 10 min bike resistance 11 @ 12.5 mph. 30 min swim.

Food: Eating a little over 1750 today..................but I think it'll be fine.............swimming always makes me hungry and I need the extra fuel for tomorrow with my trainer.

Have a nice week!!!
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Monday!

Strength training:

Bench Press: 3x5x77.5lb

Pendlay Row: 3x5x77.5lb

OHP: 3x5x50lb

Flutter Kicks: 3x20

Food: a little over.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 1 client this morning and 2 tonight. Argh!!!!! Last day to finish up doing taxes!

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Okay day.
  • luluinca
    Hi all!

Feeling good being back to a more normal routine. I even lost another .5 lb from my pre-vacation weight so I'm at my lowest weight yet with maybe 7 or 8 lbs to go. I may go for another 5 but that remains to be seen. Today's exercise was with my trainer for the most part and was actually more difficult than it looks.......... ;)

Exercise: Foam roller/stretches. 15 min warmup including pushups, leg swings, planks, bike. 60 min w/Brent including 3X 16 straight leg DL w/45 lbs and forward lunge (8 each side w/22.5 dumbbell), 3X 20 (10each side) reverse lunge press w/17.5 lb dumbbell, 3X 20 TRX jump squats, 3X 10 each side hand side plank w/rotation. Much harder than it looks on paper. We increased the weight on both the lunges and press.

Food: Right around 1750 for the 2nd day in a row. That seems to work pretty well on workout days and then a little less on rest days. Losing slowly but surely, not starving to death, and my workouts seem to be fine.

Have a great week everyone!
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Tuesday!

Cardio: 6 mile run, speedwork. 4 intervals at 5K race pace for 3 minutes with 1-2 minute rest (brisk walk or slow jog), plus tempo (half-marathon pace) run for 1.5 miles. Cool down pace for last bit of distance. 66 minutes total.

Food: ate at maintenance. Not starting this week off well, but it's my birthday, so one more day of allowing myself to eat high, then back to the routine.
  • luluinca
    Happy Birthday!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Happy Birthday brandi!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! No clients this morning, strength class tonight then TKO. Last touch ups on roof to be done. Also stayed up late last night finishing up taxes rather than filing an extension tomorrow.

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Not really a good day eating due to just picking up something on the way home for dinner.
  • luluinca
    edited April 2015
    Today ended up being a rest day. I started out with my dog this morning but about half a mile in she started limping so we turned back.

Gym day tomorrow.

Food: I'm coming in under 1700 but just barely and I've been hungry all day. I really don't know what that's about.

I won't be checking in tomorrow because we're going out to dinner and staying down at the beach for our birthdays. My husband's is in a couple of weeks and we have no free weekend time until May.............so Thursday it is.

See y'all Friday!