"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! 1 client this morning and then 2 this evening. Finalized with a roof contractor and new roof will be put on at the end of the month/beginning of next month. Big expense, but going to be worth it.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: I did good, but lots of sodium.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the roof, niner! Reminds me I need to get on having my oak tree trimmed way back. Ah, springtime work on the house!

Happy Thursday!

Cardio: 4 mile run, easy pace. 45 minutes.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients this morning then 1 this evening and then TKO. Dental appointment this morning then later I work on reinforcing our front French Doors. Needs updated hardward and new wood molding.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: It was a Subway day yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    Good luck on the roof, niner! Reminds me I need to get on having my oak tree trimmed way back. Ah, springtime work on the house!

Happy Thursday!

Cardio: 4 mile run, easy pace. 45 minutes.

I interviewed 7 contractors for the job and the one I chose has a great track record. I also got a great testimonial from someone who's roof slope looks like mine (I have 4 skylights in my house) and the pictures and job looks really good. And he was also the lowest price of all of them.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning just strength class. DW and DD are going to a girls party while I check out some home reno work at a friend's who owns several duplex's.

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I did okay.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

Double workout today...

Cardio: 5 mile run, easy pace. 65 minutes.

Strength training:

Bench Press: 3x5x77.5lb

OHP: 3x5x52.5lb

Pendlay Row: 3x5x77.5lb

Plank: 1x60sec

Side planks: 2x30sec

Flutter kicks: 3x20.

Food: on target
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!

Cardio: 10 mile run, easy pace.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! New client this morning and then 1 this evening then TKO. Have to grocery shop and do some laundry today.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Did alright this weekend.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 1 client this morning and 2 tonight. Laundry today and finish re enforcement of front door.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Steak for dinner yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!!

Cardio: 3 mile run, easy pace.

Food: too much on Monday, but okay today.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! No clients this morning, strength class tonight then TKO. Not much to do today. A little renovation work to finish, but that's it.

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Good day yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Just a quick check in that I've been sick for a couple days, so no exercise or much food. Should be back to normal on Saturday.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Hi Niner and Brandi, I just saw this post and I'd be really interested in participating, if you'll have me. I may have to look up some of the terms for what I do, although I think I know most of them.

Background: I'll be 65 on Easter Sunday but I've been working with trainers (two) since Sept of 2013. I do cardio, weight lifting and lots of circuit type workouts. I've lost a little over 60 lbs and am getting close to maintenance, about 8 or 9 lbs to go.

I try to get to the gym 4 or 5 days per week but I've had a cold since last week and only made it 3 then and probably 3 this week. I do walk the dog on off days though, at least a couple of miles or more at a fast clip.

Can I just copy and paste my workout in here.............it's the way I record it in the exercise screen of MFP. My trainer has me de-stressing my muscles and joints right now and backing off heavy lifting in exchange for higher rep/lower weight/quicker workouts plus a little extra cardio. I've been deadlifting 155lbs, bench 80 lbs, OHP 50 lbs and leg pressing 470 lbs. I'm pretty strong. I haven't graduated to barbell squats or rows yet, but I'm getting close.

Here's my workout for today. If you want me to change the format and be more name specific re the exercise let me know and I'll work on that. Or if it's too much info, I can change that as well.

Foam roller/stretches. 15 min bike level 10/12.5 mph. 60 min circuit training/strength (more reps, less weight, quicker). Circuit #1 3X each in rotation, 2 min stairs level 5, 10 renegade rows/15 lbs, 2 inchworms to 5 pushups, swiss ball crunches w/25 lbs, 15 lateral raises w/5 lb each arm, 30 sec elevated leg w/kickouts forearm plank. Circuit #2 3X each, 12 single leg press w/180 lbs, 20 inner thigh w/70 lbs, 15 each leg glute master w/20 lbs. Circuit #3 only 2X each (ran out of steam :)), 12 each arm cable twists w/30 lbs, 15 deltoid cross over pulls w/14 lbs, 12 cable dead lift w/86 lbs.

I generally eat around 1750 cals/per day with one meal that will throw me over about once a week (usually around a 2000 cal day). I use TDEE but still take credit for my exercise calories, just don't eat them back. I haven't eaten quite at goal the past week because I've been sick, but have tried to get close, just a little under.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    Hi Niner and Brandi, I just saw this post and I'd be really interested in participating, if you'll have me. I may have to look up some of the terms for what I do, although I think I know most of them.

Background: I'll be 65 on Easter Sunday but I've been working with trainers (two) since Sept of 2013. I do cardio, weight lifting and lots of circuit type workouts. I've lost a little over 60 lbs and am getting close to maintenance, about 8 or 9 lbs to go.

I try to get to the gym 4 or 5 days per week but I've had a cold since last week and only made it 3 then and probably 3 this week. I do walk the dog on off days though, at least a couple of miles or more at a fast clip.

Can I just copy and paste my workout in here.............it's the way I record it in the exercise screen of MFP. My trainer has me de-stressing my muscles and joints right now and backing off heavy lifting in exchange for higher rep/lower weight/quicker workouts plus a little extra cardio. I've been deadlifting 155lbs, bench 80 lbs, OHP 50 lbs and leg pressing 470 lbs. I'm pretty strong. I haven't graduated to barbell squats or rows yet, but I'm getting close.

Here's my workout for today. If you want me to change the format and be more name specific re the exercise let me know and I'll work on that. Or if it's too much info, I can change that as well.

Foam roller/stretches. 15 min bike level 10/12.5 mph. 60 min circuit training/strength (more reps, less weight, quicker). Circuit #1 3X each in rotation, 2 min stairs level 5, 10 renegade rows/15 lbs, 2 inchworms to 5 pushups, swiss ball crunches w/25 lbs, 15 lateral raises w/5 lb each arm, 30 sec elevated leg w/kickouts forearm plank. Circuit #2 3X each, 12 single leg press w/180 lbs, 20 inner thigh w/70 lbs, 15 each leg glute master w/20 lbs. Circuit #3 only 2X each (ran out of steam :)), 12 each arm cable twists w/30 lbs, 15 deltoid cross over pulls w/14 lbs, 12 cable dead lift w/86 lbs.

I generally eat around 1750 cals/per day with one meal that will throw me over about once a week (usually around a 2000 cal day). I use TDEE but still take credit for my exercise calories, just don't eat them back. I haven't eaten quite at goal the past week because I've been sick, but have tried to get close, just a little under.
    Welcome! Yes, copying your workout and pasting it is fine. The reason for the thread is for accountability and to share good information. Also I'll answer any questions for those who participate.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients this morning then 1 this evening and then TKO. Didn't mow the lawn yesterday, so I'll do it today.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Milk Duds may have did me in yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    Just a quick check in that I've been sick for a couple days, so no exercise or much food. Should be back to normal on Saturday.
    Get better girl! Knock on wood since I haven't been laid up with illness in 4 years now.

• luluinca
    Options
    Thanks Niner.

Cardio today- 40 minute dog walk uphill at about 3.5 mph pace

Food prelogged 1690 calories with no candy...........LOL. Now I just need to stick to it.

Tomorrow is a rest day and meal out so it'll be closer to maintenance eating.....YAY

Have a nice weekend. I'll check back in Sunday. It'll be a gym day for me.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning just strength class. My DW Ballroom competition is this weekend so that's what's up.

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I did okay.
  • luluinca
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yesterday we went to the beach and spent the day. I walked for about 1.5 hours but it was pretty leisurely for the most part.

I also ate around maintenance................about 2000 as I had a hamburger, although I couldn't finish it and only ate half the bun, I did eat a few french fries. It's been a while and I have to admit they tasted pretty good...........LOL

Today I was at the gym. Not sure I'm really liking going back to circuit training with lower weights and more reps............I hope it accomplishes something.

My workout this morning:

Warmup: 5 min calisthenics including 2 inchworms to 10 standard pushups each, 60 sec extended arm plank, leg swings, 25 squats and 15 min bike ride.

60 min circuit training/strength training.

Circuit #1: 3X each rotation incl 5 plank w/press @ 15 lbs, 12 back extensions w/10 lbs, 20 hanging leg lifts (all varieties), 2 min stairs @ level 5.

Circuit #2: Progressive leg press 25 reps @ 220lbs, 20 reps @ 310 lbs, 15 reps @ 400 lbs and 3X each rotation of 15 single arm bent over row w/27.5 lbs, 8 bench press w/65 lbs, 15 standing overhead tricep extension w/10 lbs each arm, 20 standing bicep curls w/10 lbs each arm.

Circuit #3: Only 2 X each rotation incl 15 each arm KB swing w/high elbow pull and 15 lbs, 10 each side reverse lunges w/bottoms up KB press @ 15 lbs, 15 each side cable lunge twist @17.

I've got my calories back up to 1750 now that I feel better again but I did lose about 1.5 lbs last week with the lower calories. Sometimes it's tempting to just finish up the weight loss by substantially lowering my calories for about a month. I know it's not a good idea but it is tempting.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Sunday!!

Welcome, Luluinca!

Finally back to feeling normal.

Exercise: Two softball games as catcher, plus ran 3 miles, moderate pace.