"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    luluinca wrote: »
    Yesterday we went to the beach and spent the day. I walked for about 1.5 hours but it was pretty leisurely for the most part.

I also ate around maintenance................about 2000 as I had a hamburger, although I couldn't finish it and only ate half the bun, I did eat a few french fries. It's been a while and I have to admit they tasted pretty good...........LOL

Today I was at the gym. Not sure I'm really liking going back to circuit training with lower weights and more reps............I hope it accomplishes something.

My workout this morning:

Warmup: 5 min calisthenics including 2 inchworms to 10 standard pushups each, 60 sec extended arm plank, leg swings, 25 squats and 15 min bike ride.

60 min circuit training/strength training.

Circuit #1: 3X each rotation incl 5 plank w/press @ 15 lbs, 12 back extensions w/10 lbs, 20 hanging leg lifts (all varieties), 2 min stairs @ level 5.

Circuit #2: Progressive leg press 25 reps @ 220lbs, 20 reps @ 310 lbs, 15 reps @ 400 lbs and 3X each rotation of 15 single arm bent over row w/27.5 lbs, 8 bench press w/65 lbs, 15 standing overhead tricep extension w/10 lbs each arm, 20 standing bicep curls w/10 lbs each arm.

Circuit #3: Only 2 X each rotation incl 15 each arm KB swing w/high elbow pull and 15 lbs, 10 each side reverse lunges w/bottoms up KB press @ 15 lbs, 15 each side cable lunge twist @17.

I've got my calories back up to 1750 now that I feel better again but I did lose about 1.5 lbs last week with the lower calories. Sometimes it's tempting to just finish up the weight loss by substantially lowering my calories for about a month. I know it's not a good idea but it is tempting.
    You can lower your calories by a little if you'd like, just make sure that your macro/micro nutrient essentials are met. There is really no standard for weight loss with the exception of being reasonable with calorie deficit.

• ninerbuff
    Yesterday we went to the beach and spent the day. I walked for about 1.5 hours but it was pretty leisurely for the most part.

I also ate around maintenance................about 2000 as I had a hamburger, although I couldn't finish it and only ate half the bun, I did eat a few french fries. It's been a while and I have to admit they tasted pretty good...........LOL

Today I was at the gym. Not sure I'm really liking going back to circuit training with lower weights and more reps............I hope it accomplishes something.

My workout this morning:

Warmup: 5 min calisthenics including 2 inchworms to 10 standard pushups each, 60 sec extended arm plank, leg swings, 25 squats and 15 min bike ride.

60 min circuit training/strength training.

Circuit #1: 3X each rotation incl 5 plank w/press @ 15 lbs, 12 back extensions w/10 lbs, 20 hanging leg lifts (all varieties), 2 min stairs @ level 5.

Circuit #2: Progressive leg press 25 reps @ 220lbs, 20 reps @ 310 lbs, 15 reps @ 400 lbs and 3X each rotation of 15 single arm bent over row w/27.5 lbs, 8 bench press w/65 lbs, 15 standing overhead tricep extension w/10 lbs each arm, 20 standing bicep curls w/10 lbs each arm.

Circuit #3: Only 2 X each rotation incl 15 each arm KB swing w/high elbow pull and 15 lbs, 10 each side reverse lunges w/bottoms up KB press @ 15 lbs, 15 each side cable lunge twist @17.

I've got my calories back up to 1750 now that I feel better again but I did lose about 1.5 lbs last week with the lower calories. Sometimes it's tempting to just finish up the weight loss by substantially lowering my calories for about a month. I know it's not a good idea but it is tempting.
    You can lower your calories by a little if you'd like, just make sure that your macro/micro nutrient essentials are met. There is really no standard for weight loss with the exception of being reasonable with calorie deficit.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! No clients this morning, 1 this evening then new TKO session. DD and DW are off this week because of spring break. DW also competed and did okay this week at ballroom competition in San Francisco.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Never ate at El Torito's till yesterday for dinner after the competition.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the suggestion Niner. I've been doing TDEE -15% and losing about 2 lbs/mo. If I changed it to -20% or even 25%, you think that would be okay? I'm just really tired of dieting and would like to get to my goal weight soon. I only really have 8 or 9 lbs left to lose.

I just want to make sure I'm fueling my workouts well. I'm not lifting heavy for a few week so right now might be a good time to increase my deficit anyway.
  • luluinca
    edited March 2015
    I had a good day. Any day that I get back in the pool is a good day.

Exercise: Foam Roller/stretches. 20 min Calisthenics warm-up including 10 inchworms to 20 total pushups, 20 situps w/10lb med ball, 40 crunch twist w/10 lb med ball, 20 renegade rows w/15 lbs, 5 plank w/press @15 lb, 60 sec extended basic plank, 25 BW squats, 40 swiss ball crunch w/25 lbs. 10 min freestyle and 25 min backstroke swim, about 3/4 mile.

Food: I cut back my calories a bit today from 1750 to 1670 or so. I'm not hungry so that's a good sign. Sometimes when I swim I get really hungry.

Assessment: Macros were all good but sugar was a little higher than I usually like it. Otherwise a great day.

@ Niner, I shouldn't have said I'm tired of dieting, I know it's a never ending process and a lifestyle change. What I'm tired of is the deficit.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Happy Monday!

Strength Training:

Bench Press: 3x5x77.5lb

OHP: 2x45lb, 2x50lb

Pendlay Row: 3x5x75lb

Plank: 1x60sec.

More sore than I thought I'd be after softball on Sunday. Forgot how much all that squatting as catcher works my quads!

Food: okay.
  • ninerbuff
    Thanks for the suggestion Niner. I've been doing TDEE -15% and losing about 2 lbs/mo. If I changed it to -20% or even 25%, you think that would be okay? I'm just really tired of dieting and would like to get to my goal weight soon. I only really have 8 or 9 lbs left to lose.

I just want to make sure I'm fueling my workouts well. I'm not lifting heavy for a few week so right now might be a good time to increase my deficit anyway.
    Last few lbs usually takes a bit more patience since for some it's becomes pretty stubborn. But feel free to feel out how you do with a little bit more.

• ninerbuff
    Yay, back to softball!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 1 client this morning and 2 tonight. Mow the lawn today and get some new wood to replace rotting wood around plant perimeter. Fun day.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Steak for dinner yesterday.
  • luluinca
    Another great day here.

Exercise: Today was a dog walk day. We walked about 2.6 miles in 45 minutes, about half of it uphill. She loves these days.

Tomorrow is another gym day, will meet with my trainer and see if he approves of the circuits I'm doing.

Food: Two days in a row of cutting calories a little bit. I'm right around 1650 or so. Seems fine so far.

Leaving Thurs for a 6 day visit to our kids in CO so it'll be interesting to see how I do while away from home this time. We're planning a picnic and a hike on Easter Sunday plus at least one gym day at my daughter's gym. We do a lot of dog walking while we're there as well. She lives close to a river and so we walk there almost every day. Last time I visited I lost weight.
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Cardio: 6 mile run, easy pace.

Food: on target. If nothing else, being sick dropped me a few pounds, and has helped kick me back into more disciplined tracking of my intake. Silver lining to being sick and unable to eat for a couple days.
  • luluinca
    @ Brandie...........I lost a little while I was sick as well. Silver lining............LOL
  • ninerbuff
    Another great day here.

Exercise: Today was a dog walk day. We walked about 2.6 miles in 45 minutes, about half of it uphill. She loves these days.

Tomorrow is another gym day, will meet with my trainer and see if he approves of the circuits I'm doing.

Food: Two days in a row of cutting calories a little bit. I'm right around 1650 or so. Seems fine so far.

Leaving Thurs for a 6 day visit to our kids in CO so it'll be interesting to see how I do while away from home this time. We're planning a picnic and a hike on Easter Sunday plus at least one gym day at my daughter's gym. We do a lot of dog walking while we're there as well. She lives close to a river and so we walk there almost every day. Last time I visited I lost weight.
    Where in CO?
  • ninerbuff
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Food: on target. If nothing else, being sick dropped me a few pounds, and has helped kick me back into more disciplined tracking of my intake. Silver lining to being sick and unable to eat for a couple days.
    I should just get sick then. I haven't been sick in over 4 years now.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! No clients this morning, strength class tonight then TKO. Time to pull some pranks at work!

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Good day yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday, everyone!

I should just get sick then. I haven't been sick in over 4 years now.

Not sure it's worth it! There was an especially very miserable 12 hour period. I rarely get sick, outside an annual mild cold, so I forget how much it sucks.
  • luluinca
    @ Niner, we'll be shuttling back and forth between Longmont and Golden. Not sure where we're hiking, our DIL planned the day but it's near a lake, the boys are fishing and the girls are hiking.
  • luluinca
    Another great day here. My trainer finally let me do barbell squats. I've been working on full range of motion for months and I finally got there. Now I can do all the lifts in SL plus my leg press which I love.

Exercise: 15 min Calisthenic/bike warmup including 5 inchworms to 5 pushups each, 60 sec extended basic plank, 60 sec reverse plank, 2X 15 each side hand plank w/rotation, 2X 45 sec forearm plank w/elevated foot and kickout, bike. 55 min strength training w/trainer................all squats. Started w/bar only and worked my way up to 105 lbs. Happy Dance. Then I did depth squats and reached full range of motion.

Food: Pre-logged at 1670 or so...........should be about right. So far cutting back slightly is working out. We'll see how I do in CO, but I should be fine.

If I don't have a chance to check in while on vacation...........have a Happy Easter! For the second time in my life (the last time was when I was 3) my birthday falls on Easter. 65....OMG
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! No gym clients today! Taking my DD and a couple of her friends to 6 Flags Discovery Kingdom for some fun!!! And I love roller coasters! Will hit the gym later when we get back.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: I did good, but lots of sodium.
  • ninerbuff
    Another great day here. My trainer finally let me do barbell squats. I've been working on full range of motion for months and I finally got there. Now I can do all the lifts in SL plus my leg press which I love.

Exercise: 15 min Calisthenic/bike warmup including 5 inchworms to 5 pushups each, 60 sec extended basic plank, 60 sec reverse plank, 2X 15 each side hand plank w/rotation, 2X 45 sec forearm plank w/elevated foot and kickout, bike. 55 min strength training w/trainer................all squats. Started w/bar only and worked my way up to 105 lbs. Happy Dance. Then I did depth squats and reached full range of motion.

Food: Pre-logged at 1670 or so...........should be about right. So far cutting back slightly is working out. We'll see how I do in CO, but I should be fine.

If I don't have a chance to check in while on vacation...........have a Happy Easter! For the second time in my life (the last time was when I was 3) my birthday falls on Easter. 65....OMG
    If we don't hear from you...........................Happy Birthday!