"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    luluinca wrote: »
    Another great day here. My trainer finally let me do barbell squats. I've been working on full range of motion for months and I finally got there. Now I can do all the lifts in SL plus my leg press which I love.

Exercise: 15 min Calisthenic/bike warmup including 5 inchworms to 5 pushups each, 60 sec extended basic plank, 60 sec reverse plank, 2X 15 each side hand plank w/rotation, 2X 45 sec forearm plank w/elevated foot and kickout, bike. 55 min strength training w/trainer................all squats. Started w/bar only and worked my way up to 105 lbs. Happy Dance. Then I did depth squats and reached full range of motion.

Food: Pre-logged at 1670 or so...........should be about right. So far cutting back slightly is working out. We'll see how I do in CO, but I should be fine.

If I don't have a chance to check in while on vacation...........have a Happy Easter! For the second time in my life (the last time was when I was 3) my birthday falls on Easter. 65....OMG

Happy Birthday and Easter! My twin brother's birthday sometimes falls on Easter (has happened twice; we're in our 40's).

Mine never has, but my birthday is in 2 weeks!
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Thursday!!

Cardio: 6 mile run, easy pace. Have a 5K race this Saturday; hoping to PR it.

Food: on target. Weight dropped to 159lb for the first time in over a year.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,915 Member
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients this morning then 1 this evening and then TKO. Fun day at Discovery Kingdom. Rode coasters and saw a lot of animals.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Needless to say, yesterday wasn't a great day.
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Friday!!

Strength training:

Bench Press: 3x77.5lb

OHP: 3x52.5lb

Pendlay Row: 3x75lb (tried 77.5lb, but bad form, so backed off to 75 again)

Plank: 1x60sec

Superman: 1x60sec

Food: on target
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Thursday was a travel day so no real action. We landed really late in a snow storm so I end up having an English muffin with almond butter for dinner.

Friday was a much better day.

Exercise was a Pilates private session with my daughter and her instructor. Really enjoyed it.

I'm not logging food but eating mindfully. No weight gain so far. :)

Have a nice Easter!!
  • ninerbuff
    Thursday was a travel day so no real action. We landed really late in a snow storm so I end up having an English muffin with almond butter for dinner.

Friday was a much better day.

Exercise was a Pilates private session with my daughter and her instructor. Really enjoyed it.

I'm not logging food but eating mindfully. No weight gain so far. :)

Have a nice Easter!!

You too!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients this morning just strength class. After class today my DD's friend is holding a huge egg hunting party at their family's ranch. We've done this for 5 years with them now.

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I sucked.
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Saturday!

Cardio: Ran the Aliens vs Astronauts 5K (local race put on by a NASA group). Was not chip timed and they haven't emailed out results yet. Based on my GPS watch, ran it in about 29:20. Would be my third fastest 5K time.

Food: on target. Managing to stay focused on my eating (though I did enjoy some Easter chocolate tonight).

• brandiuntz
    Happy Easter Sunday!

Cardio: 7 mile run, easy pace.

Food: on target.
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Monday!

Strength training:

Goblet Squat: 3x5x35lb

Dead Lift: 1x5x155lb

Barbell Glute Bridge: 3x5x155lb

Plank: 1x60sec

Superman: 1x60sec

Food: on target
  • ninerbuff
    Forgot to post Monday's workout

Hey gang,

Happy Monday! No clients this morning, 1 this evening then new TKO session. No school for DD today, so just have to get my workout in around having her with me all day.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Weekend parties, but I did okay.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 1 client this morning and 2 tonight. Today's my mom's B day and she's 89!!!

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Leftovers from the party last night.
  • brandiuntz
    Happy Tuesday!

Cardio: 6 mile run, speed work. 68 minutes.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! No clients this morning, strength class tonight then TKO. Roofers come today to start installing new roof. Man I hate spending money.

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Good eating day yesterday.
  • luluinca
    Back from vacation and back to logging today. Going to the gym tomorrow.

Exercise: Didn't get much in yesterday as it was a travel day but I did a lot of hiking, walking and Pilates while in CO.

Food: I guess I did alright as I only gained .5 lb while I was gone. Some days seemed better than others but I tried to make good choices.

Hope you're both doing well and enjoyed the Easter Holiday.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! No clients this morning and 2 tonight. So roofers had to start today for replacement due to rain.

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: I did good, but lots of sodium.
  • ninerbuff
    Back from vacation and back to logging today. Going to the gym tomorrow.

Exercise: Didn't get much in yesterday as it was a travel day but I did a lot of hiking, walking and Pilates while in CO.

Food: I guess I did alright as I only gained .5 lb while I was gone. Some days seemed better than others but I tried to make good choices.

Hope you're both doing well and enjoyed the Easter Holiday.
    Sounds like you had fun.

• luluinca
    edited April 2015
    It was great being back at the gym. Inched my leg press up to 490 lbs and made it through 3 circuits.

Niner, I have a question. I'll be going back to weights again this week and I'm wondering if it's okay to do dead lift and squats on the same day if I'm not lifting my highest weight. I'm still backing off about 15% to 20% for now on both of those at least. I may do my Bench and OHP at the highest weight but I just fit them in anywhere, along with rows.

Exercise: Foam roller/stretches. 10 min bike. 55 min circuit training/strength training.
    Circuit #1 - 3X each inworm to 10 standard pushups, 15 goblet squats w/20 lbs, 10 renegade rows w/15 lbs, 2 min stairs @ level 5. 2 X 60 sec forearm plank w/elevated leg and kickout.
    Circuit #2 - progressive leg press ending with 6 reps @ 490 lbs, 3X 12 each arm bent over row w/30 lbs, 3X 5 plank press w/15 lbs.
    Circuit #3 - 2X each side of cable twist 12 times @ 30 lbs, 2X each side of cable reverse lunge twist 10 times @ 17 lbs, 2X each side of reverse lunge bottoms up press 5 times w/15 lb KB. Inner thigh 3X 10 @ 90 lbs.

Food: Shaping up to be a 1750 day but I ate too light yesterday and I'm hungry today. :)

Tomorrow's Friday!!!!
  • brandiuntz
    edited April 2015
    I'm not Niner, but I do Squats and Dead lifts on the same day, as I have one "leg day" a week. My squats are "light", though, as I do goblet squats (can't get my form right on back or front squats). My deads are heavy, as in 1 set of 5 reps, maybe 2 sets. I'd say expect your legs to be tired.

Happy Thursday!

Cardio: 6 mile run, mostly easy pace with 1 mile at tempo. 72 minutes.

Food: on target. Spent the day feeling hungry, so ate at maintenance.
  • luluinca
    Thanks Brandi. My squats are light as I just started doing them a week ago so I think I'll be alright doing them the same day.