"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! 3 clients this morning and then 2 in the evening. DD may have strained her achilles tendon. Heel is swollen and it hurts to the touch. Taking her in to check to see if there's a fracture on her heel or not.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Pork shoulder for dinner last night. Also shared a Carl's Jr. Western Bacon cheeseburger with my DD.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Another great day. My trainer worked with my daughter for an hour giving her some new exercises for her recovery from knee surgery and then taught me Sumo Dead Lifts.............love them. We didn't get much weight on the bar because we were working on form but next time I should be able to up it.

Exercise: Circuit training including Stairmaster, pushups, situps, physio ball bridges and pikes. Strength training including bench press >2X 8 @ 65, 2X 6 @ 75, 5 @ 85 lbs, 3X 8 single arm bench row @ 37.5, 3X 10 overhead tricep extension @ 15/15 lbs, 3X 10 bicep curl @ 15/15, 3X 10 inner thigh @ 90, 2X 10 glutemaster @ 30, 10 single leg RDL w/20/20, 2X 12 fwd lunge w/15 lb shoulder press, 2X 16 single leg glue bridge. Learned sumo DL's today........started with 65 lbs and worked up to 85 lbs to work on form, will add more weight next time.

Food; Right around 1700 again.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Yesterday : Box-it-out. 50 minutes of circuit type boxing

Today : Madcow week 3 day 1.

Squats, Bench press and barbell row (I wont bore you with the weight but I do 5 sets of 5 at varying weight)

Accessories: 3 X 10 dumbell press, dumbell flyes, pushups, lat flyes, tricep extensions

30 mins treadmill varying speed 1min/30 secs

diet on track - trying to loose the 5lbs I put on over the weekend! (lost 4 of them already)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! New month!!! 2 clients this morning and 3 this evening. Got my DD's Bday party (Rockin' Jump) set up for the 18th of July. Also pretty busy this week because there's lots of family b-days!

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: I ate well yesterday.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Had another nice day at the gym and things are back to normal here. I'd prefer having my daughter around but normal is okay too I guess.

Exercise: 20 min calisthenics warmup including pushups, planks, situps, crunch twists, physio ball bridges, pikes and crunches w/25 lb plate. 50 min strength training including 3X 10 body weight bar row from floor, 3X 10 RDL/high row w/55 lb bar, 3 X 30 OHP walk w/45 lb bar, 3X 10 rev lunge w/45 lb bar, 3X 16 fwd lunge/press w/17.5 lbs, leg press >15@ 220 lbs, 12 @ 310 lbs, 10 @ 400 lbs, and 8 @ 450 lbs, 3X 12 inner thigh @ 90, 3X 8 lat pulldown w/60 lbs.

I maintained fine the four days we had company and a couple of parties. Weighed exactly the same this morning as I did last Thursday. It feels good to know I can still have a good time and enjoy foods that I don't normally eat and not gain weight. I might go back to a deficit next week and see if I can drop another 5 lbs by September which will be my 2 year MFP Anniversary.

Hope you're all enjoying Hump Day!!!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Woke up late, so no full exercise, but squeezed in 30 squats throughout the day.

Food: on target. Down another half pound. At my lowest in, well, forever, and only 3lbs away from goal. I'd be more excited if I thought diet was total cause. We'll see how things continue.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! Have 1 client this morning, 1 in the afternoon at my other gym, then 3 tonight. Busy day today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: I did pretty well yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Squats, Bench press and barbell row (I wont bore you with the weight but I do 5 sets of 5 at varying weight)

Accessories: 3 X 10 dumbell press, dumbell flyes, pushups, lat flyes, tricep extensions

diet on track - trying to loose the 5lbs I put on over the weekend! (lost 4 of them already)
    Is the boxing strictly boxing or are plyos included?

• kindrabbit
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Sorry, not sure what plyos are (I'll Google it after I've typed this) . It's a class called box it out, a mixture of circuits and boxing/punching. We partner up and, for example, the person in the gloves will do 10 push ups then 20 punches and the person with the pads will do jump squats while they wait to tap the punches. It's a 60 minute class. I usually burn around 450 calories according to my hrm but I log 3/4 to account for the water breaks etc. It's a great class and I really enjoy it.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Sorry, not sure what plyos are (I'll Google it after I've typed this) . It's a class called box it out, a mixture of circuits and boxing/punching. We partner up and, for example, the person in the gloves will do 10 push ups then 20 punches and the person with the pads will do jump squats while they wait to tap the punches. It's a 60 minute class. I usually burn around 450 calories according to my hrm but I log 3/4 to account for the water breaks etc. It's a great class and I really enjoy it.

I believe he meant plyometrics and that sounds like what you're do with the boxing.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Cardio: 4 mile run. Didn't run as easy of a pace as I should've, but felt good overall. Breaking in my newest pair of running shoes.

Food: on target. Weight was up 2 pounds this morning. Maybe everything is balancing back out with all the diet/meds changes.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Yesterday was a dog walk/jog day. We did 3 miles to the park and back. The last stretch to the park is a very steep hill so we get a pretty good workout in. My dog loves that I run with her now................

Today is a rest/party day. We have company coming over for a pool party and BBQ. I'll hopefully stay in control.....LOL

Hoping I'll feel like going to the gym in the morning.

Have a safe 4th of July!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 3 clients this morning then later on hitting up the movies again.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Longanisa with tomatoes for dinner last night!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    TGIF! Happy Friday!!

Took a rest day because I spent a couple hours loading some weight bags with 100lbs of sand, plus loading up my car with everything for tomorrow's art market. A good reminder of why I keep myself in shape!

Food: on target. Weight back down to 158lb.
  • kindrabbit
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Friday:
    Week 3 day 2 Madcow

Squats 4 sets of 5 reps
    OHP 4 sets of 5 reps
    Deadlift 4 sets of 5 reps

Accessories: Back and Bicep 3 sets of 10

Dumbell reverse curl
    Hammer curl
    Preacher curl
    Lat pulldown
    seated cable row
    assisted chinups

Cardio:

10 mins of elliptical

saturday:

Walk/jog with friend who's just starting out.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend and 4th of July! No clients today and totally free. Just going to get a quick workout in and then it's off to the relatives for 4th of July party and fireworks!!

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Had a Carl's Jr. Western Bacon cheeseburger for dinner yesterday.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Neighborhood pool party and BBQ this afternoon but I made it to the gym this morning. I only had one beer yesterday and so woke up feeling great and wanting a workout. Hopefully I can do a repeat performance tonight and tomorrow!

Exercise: 20 min calisthenics warmup including pushups, planks, physio ball bridges and pikes, renegade rows, lat raises and stairmaster. 55 min strength training including dead lifts> 8 @ 95 lbs, 8 @ 115 lbs, 5 @ 135 lbs, 3 @ 145 lbs, 2 @ 155 lbs, 3X 8 cable lat pulldown @ 60, 3 X 8 cable underhand pulldown @ 60, 3X 10 cable tricep extension @ 30, 3 X 10 cable tricep curl @ 30, 3 X 8 bent over row machine w/45 plus bar, 3X 10 inner thigh w/90, 2X 10 each leg glute master w/40, 3X 8 dip machine w/45 plus bar.

Food yesterday was around 1800 and I'm hoping today I can keep it a little less than that. Getting in lots of swimming in addition to the gym so I'm not that worried about calories though.

• brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Saturday and 4th of July!!

No workout...got wiped out by the early art market. Was a sauna out there, plus the unloading, setup, and loading back up really take it out of me. Was a good market, had some sales.

Food: on target.
  • luluinca
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Today is a rest day but I'm very happy with my holiday weekend exercise. I'm even down a pound from a week ago. Lots of swimming and some good food but in a healthy way. BBQ meats, veggies and fruits for the most part and I made it to the gym both Sat and Sun.

Yesterday's exercise: 20 min calisthenics warmup including planks, situps, crunch twists, physio ball bridges and pikes, hanging leg lifts and stair master. 55 min strength training including 2X 20 side lunges w/30 lb bar overhead, 2X 20 fwd lunges w/30 lb bar, 2X 20 rev lunges w/30 lb bar, 2X 10 squats w/10 lb ball and arm raise, 2X 20 side lunges w/10 lb ball swing, 2X 20 speed squats w/high pull and 25 lb kettlebell, 3X 15 cable rev deltoid fly w/7/7, 3X 10 cable chest press w/ 20/20, 3X 12 inner thigh w/90.

Keeping calories under 1700 today.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Bootcamp this morning, new client at LVTC this afternoon, then 4 clients tonight at Fitness 19. I'm spread all over the place this morning.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: This weekend was a bust due to the fact that I ate like a pig.