"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Saturday's workout was just a 5k walk with a few short jogs. I'm helping a friend on her weight loss journey. Didn't eat enough, only about 1200 calories total. I didnt eat I til late due to jogging in the morning and so didn't have lunch and almost missed dinner as I work 5-11. I ate a sandwich before bed.

I do a 14 hour shift today so will only eat what I take. Soup, noodles and fruit.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My beach day yesterday was rained out big time so I just took a needed rest day instead. I woke up way too early this morning and just couldn't face my planned workout of dead lifts etc so just did another accessory day. I know better than to push myself too hard when I'm really tired............Nap time here!!!

Exercise: 20 min claisthenics warmup including pushups, situps w/12 lb ball, crunch twists w/12 lb ball, elevated leg planks w/kickout, reverse plank, physio ball bridges and pikes, back extensions w/10 lb plate, hanging leg raises. 10 min bike level 11/13 mph. 35 min strength training including 2X 20 fwd lunges w/30 lb bar, 2X 20 rev lunges w/30 lb bar, 2X 10 each leg med high step ups, 2X 10 each leg split squats from box w/10/10 KB's, 2X 20 KB swings w/40 lbs, 2X 8 assisted pullups, 2X 8 assisted dips, 3X 10 inner thigh w/100, 2X 10 each leg glute master w/40.

Food: Yesterday was a lunch out kind of day and I even had a few french fries..............it's been awhile and they tasted pretty good but I didn't overdo it. Today I'm back to normal with around 1700 and better macros.... ;)

Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! No bootcamp this morning and 4 clients this evening. Today is my DD's 11th birthday so off to Vallejo this morning to celebrate with both grandparents!

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: KFC yesterday.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Busy week so far. Hope you're all doing well!!

Yesterday was a rest day but I swam laps in our pool for 30 minutes.

Today's Exercise: 15 min calisthenics warmup including pushups, elevated leg planks, physio ball bridges and pikes, hanging leg raise and 3 min stairmaster/level 6. 55 min strength training w/Brent including 3X 16 OH single arm press lunge w/20 lbs, 3X 20 steps "strong man" overhead walk w/65 lb barbell, 3X 10 each arm TRX high row, 2X 8 each single arm high row squat w/40 lb KB, 2X 30 sec KB swing w/40 lbs. 30 minute swim this afternoon.

Had a good workout and a leisurely swim this afternoon. Calories are good and so are macros. I've been losing inches but not much weight lately. My trainer said don't worry about the scale...........I'm losing fat..........hope he's right!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, all!

Well, I was a lazy bum about exercise for a few days. But, been on point with food, so weight has held steady.

Cardio: 6.2 mile run (aka 10K) for a virtual race. Easy pace plus 1 mile at tempo. 72 minutes.

Food: on target.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Mondays workout was the usual Madcow (5X5) + full body 30 min workout

Tuesday was the usual box it out class

Logging my workouts here has made me realise how repetitive my routine is.

I think that for the next 6 weeks I am going to just go with this same routine. I have 2 things to contend with. One is that it's the school holidays so I have to take my daughter to the gym with me. She is 10 and perfectly able to sit on the poolside balcony by the gym for an hour but it is boring for her and it is eating into her school holiday fun time. Secondly I have started helping a friend with her training. She is just starting out with probably 50lb to loose. She used to be able to run 10/12k so she has a basic fitness but it's been a long time since she did any exercise. I wouldn't say I am training her but I am doing my old original full body workout with her (she's doing the simplified moves and I'm doing them with extra weight). I do my madcow 5X5 before I meet her so I make sure I get my lifts in and I try to push it but in honesty I don't feel like I'm getting as good a workout as I usually would. She cries off occasionally and then I can do my usually accessories.

So that's it. Today will be Madcow Wednesday workout plus back and biceps. i'm going to kick it!!

I also have a doctors appointment today to discuss the weakness in my left hand. I have a horrible feeling its the beginning of arthritis but we'll see.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and then 3 tonight! Kickback day today. Although I do have to do a little cleaning.

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: I ate well yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Strength training, circuit style:

Push ups: 3x10

Tricep dips: 3x10

Flutter Kicks: 3x20

Squats: 3x10

Food: cheesecake!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Yesterday I swam for 30 minutes again and was supposed to go to the gym this morning but I'm fighting a migraine so taking a rest day..............ugghhh!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! 3 clients this morning, one at the other club and 3 tonight. Not much going on.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: I did okay yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Cardio: 6 mile run; mix of intervals and easy pace. 72 minutes.

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday that's almost over!

Cardio: Started a course of Aqua rehab due to Arthritis in one knee and will be starting PT next week.

Strength: Did my gym workout without cardio due to the Aqua stuff. I've increased my weights

Assessment: Having trouble eating enough and I've lost some weight I don't need to lose. I think I may also have some arthritis in my right elbow.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 3 clients this morning then I'm off the rest of the day. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. This is where I get to be spontaneous.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Thai last night!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Back on track today,,,,,,

Exercise: 20 min calisthenics warmup including pushups, situps and crunch twists w/10 lb ball, physio ball bridges and pikes, elevated leg planks, back extensions, hanging leg lifts and stairmaster. 55 min strength training including single leg RDL >10 each @ 65lbs, 2X 8 each @ 85 lbs<, 3X 10 bent over rows @ 65 lbs, squats >10 @ 65 lbs, 2X 8 @ 85 lbs<, 3X 6 OHP @ 45 lbs, 10 prone pullups, 2X 30 sec KB swing w/40 lbs, 2X 8 KB squat/high pull w/40 lbs, 3X 10 inner thigh w/100.

Macros and calories are all good!!!
  • luluinca
    Options
    @ niner, if you have time to answer a question for me I'd really appreciate it......no rush though. I noticed yesterday that I had even more energy to get through my workout than normal. I ate around 220 carbs the day before when I normally average about 150. Do you think the extra carbs could have impacted my energy level that much in a positive way?

I've been doing 40% carbs, 30% P and 30% F for a long time, almost never reaching my carb number. Would it be beneficial do you think to increase carbs and drop the fat to maybe 25%? I don't really want to give up my protein as I'm still losing weight, although very slowly, and feel like I still need it to be relatively high.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    @ niner, if you have time to answer a question for me I'd really appreciate it......no rush though. I noticed yesterday that I had even more energy to get through my workout than normal. I ate around 220 carbs the day before when I normally average about 150. Do you think the extra carbs could have impacted my energy level that much in a positive way?

I've been doing 40% carbs, 30% P and 30% F for a long time, almost never reaching my carb number. Would it be beneficial do you think to increase carbs and drop the fat to maybe 25%? I don't really want to give up my protein as I'm still losing weight, although very slowly, and feel like I still need it to be relatively high.
    More than likely yes. Remember the body becomes more efficient with energy usage as you get fitter. Not uncommon and usually as my clients reach closer to goal, I have them increase carbs.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Off today. Taking my DD and a couple of her friends to Lost Worlds where they can play laser tag, mini golf and play world of dinosaurs.

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Pizza for dinner.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Thanks Niner.............I'll try it!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

Cardio: 6.2 mile (10K) run, easy pace. 76 minutes.

• luluinca
    Options
    Yesterday we had a party here but I swam my 30 minutes of laps beforehand. Food wasn't too bad at all for a party, but I did have a couple of margaritas...... B)

Today it's back to normal.

Exercise: 25 min calisthenics warm up including pushups, BW squats, extended arm plank, situps and crunch twits w/12 lb ball, renegade rows, lateral flies, back extensions, hanging leg lifts, incline crunch twists and stairmaster. 40 min strength training including bench press >8 @ 65 lbs, 2X 6 @ 75 lbs, 5 @ 85 lbs and 3 @ 90 lbs<, 3X 6 each arm bench single arm row w/40 lbs, 3X 10 overhead tricep extensions w/17.5/17.5, 3X 10 bicep curls w/17.5/17.5, 3X 15 glute bridges w/50 lbs. 30 min backyard swim.

Food: A little high today with some leftovers from yesterday but not too bad and a bit of an increase in carbs. Those are the most difficult thing for me to increase.

Enjoy what remains of the weekend!!