"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    Wednesdays workout - Madcow week 2 day 2

warmup 20kg barbell squat 5 X 5

barbell squat:
    5 X 25kg
    5 X 30kg
    5 X 35kg
    5 X 35kg

Over head press:

5 X 15kg
    5 X 20kg
    5 X 22.5kg
    5 X 25kg

Deadlift:
    5 X 40kg
    5 X 50kg
    5 X 57.5kg
    5 X 65kg

Accessory lifts:

3 X 10 Lat pulldown 27.5kg
    3 X 10 bicep curls 12.5kg
    3 X 10 seated cable row 27.5kg

10 assisted chin ups - great tip: I put a step and the half bosu ball under the chin up bar and use it to give me a little bounce boost. So much better than using the weight to help you, its much more dynamic

Cardio:

30 minutes elliptical

Diet on track so far today. 5.5lb to go to target!!!

Fantastic workout and a great tip in the chin ups.............I'm still struggling with even the assisted ones, and beginning to doubt I'll ever be able to do a real one.

I didn't see any progress until I started doing regular push ups, pull downs etc and started using the bosu ball. I'm finding I can hold the highest point for longer and drop slower than previously and I need a smaller bounce if you see what I mean!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks Karen.........I do about 30 standard pushups every workout but haven't tried pull downs or the bosu ball idea, which sounds great. I feel as though I can do just about everything I want except for chin ups or pull ups. Maybe I just need to focus on it a little more and really go after it. I'm easily distracted by dead lifts.....LOL.

I've been pretty distracted this week. We're having our pool completely remodeled and they finished yesterday so I should be getting back to normal again. I love watching these kinds of projects and end up doing it all day while they're working. Managed to get the dog out for about a 2 mile walk this morning and my eating is okay. A few too many snacks and not enough meals but I'll be back to normal tomorrow..........calories seem okay.

Hump Day!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Have 3 clients this morning, 1 in the afternoon at my other gym, then 2 tonight. Busy day today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: Damn Hawaiian bread. I ate a couple too many.
  • kindrabbit
    Options
    Rest day today. Walked the dog and had a little stroll while waiting for DD to get out of school. Diet all good. 120 calories left for when I finish work at 10pm. Packet of crisps, hot chocolate and bed!
  • luluinca
    Options
    I had a great day today and the pool is finished and full of water so I'm going to swim tonight. I'm not supposed to touch the surface because it's still curing but I can get in and out easily without touching and just swim. The water is actually a little bit warm for me because our water here is warm most of the time but it should cool down at night over the next few nights.....Pool party on Sunday........yippee!

Exercise: 20 min calisthenics warm up including pushups, elevated leg planks, reverse planks, side planks w/rotation, physio ball bridges and pikes, back extensions, hanging straight leg lift. 45 min strength training including single leg press >2X 10 @ 180 > 2X 8@ 200, bench press > 2X 10 speed press @ 65 lbs > 2X 5 @ 75 lbs > 1X 5 @ 85 lbs, 3X 8 single arm row w/37.5 lbs, 3X 10 bicep curl w/15/15 lbs, 3X 10 overhead tricep extention w/15/15 lbs, lat pulldown > 8@ 50> 6 @ 60> 6@ 70, 3X 8 standing tricep downward extension @ 30 lbs, 10 seated row @ 70 > 2X 6 seated row @ 85.

Calories: I stayed right around 1700 today.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, all!

Just checking in. Decided to take through Friday off from all exercise. Overdue to give myself a little break.

Been foam rolling and stretching. Knee feels better, not perfect. Examined my shoes...wear on the two current pairs is different than usual pattern...looks like I've been heel striking a lot for some reason (I normally mid-foot strike). About to start on a new pair of shoes, so will have to keep an eye on form when I start running again on Saturday.

Food: on target for the week and down a pound.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 3 clients this morning then just kicking it this afternoon either at the movies or at home. Have to do some laundry today for sure though.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Had a brat for dinner last night with some vegetables.
  • kindrabbit
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • kindrabbit
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Here's a video of me doing my bosu assisted chin ups. I also have a squat video that I'd like a critique of. Is this the place to post it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/equ3wdm0l1b09k7/2015-06-26 11.45.21.mp4?dl=0
  • kindrabbit
    Options
    todays workout
    Madcow week 2 day 3

Squat

warm up 20kg 3 X 10
    5 X 25kg
    5 X 30kg
    5 X 37.5kg
    5 X 45kg
    3 X 50kg
    8 X 37.5kg

Bench press

warm up 10 X 10kg
    5 X 15kg
    5 X 20kg
    5 X 25kg
    5 X 30kg
    3 X 35kg
    8 X 25kg

Bent over row

5 X 15kg
    5 X 20kg
    5 X 25kg
    5 X 30kg
    3 X 35kg
    8 X 25kg

Accessories:

3 X 10 X 20kg goodmornings
    3 X 10 hanging leg raises
    3 X 10 calf raises (normal, toes in and toes out)
    3 X 5 bosu ball assisted chin ups

30 mins elliptical cross training level 9

I'm now enjoying my monthly free eating, wine drinking, evening :) I will also be having pizza tomorrow night (I'm calling it carb loading!) as I am running a 10k charity race on Sunday morning. Wont be training now till Monday
  • luluinca
    Options
    Taking a rest day today to clean and get organized for the weekend. A big party tomorrow at our daughter's and then one here on Sunday. Our daughter who lives in CO is flying in tomorrow for all the festivities. I'll either get to the gym Sat and Sun, Sat or Sun, or neither................LOL

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! A couple of free intro sessions at the Tennis club, then I'm off the rest of the day. Laundry and cleaning to do.

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Saw "Jurrasic World" and it was okay.
  • ninerbuff
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Here's a video of me doing my bosu assisted chin ups. I also have a squat video that I'd like a critique of. Is this the place to post it?

Not bad Karen. I know that kicking legs can help a little bit, but eventually you'll want to learn how to do it from a dead hang. But you did a great job since even many males can't even do a pullup that way. Just seeing you do it should inspire many other females.
  • kindrabbit
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Not bad Karen. I know that kicking legs can help a little bit, but eventually you'll want to learn how to do it from a dead hang. But you did a great job since even many males can't even do a pullup that way. Just seeing you do it should inspire many other females.

Thank you! I don't flap my legs like that when I do them earlier in my workout or when I use the other rack. Its only about 3 inches lower but it makes a big difference. The leg flapping is totally subconscious! I do hope I'm inspiring other people. There's a lady at my gym that does dips and I always tell her she inspires me. I want her arms!
  • luluinca
    Options
    @Karen, thanks for the video..............it inspired me to try it!

I'm taking three days off from the gym to focus on family. Our daughter is here from CO and we're just enjoying being together and having parties. It's our other daughter's birthday weekend and housewarming. Tomorrow I'll get back to it.

I'm usually pretty good calorie wise even on party days and so far I think I'm okay!

Enjoy your Sunday!!!
  • kindrabbit
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    @Karen, thanks for the video..............it inspired me to try it!

I'm taking three days off from the gym to focus on family. Our daughter is here from CO and we're just enjoying being together and having parties. It's our other daughter's birthday weekend and housewarming. Tomorrow I'll get back to it.

I'm usually pretty good calorie wise even on party days and so far I think I'm okay!

Enjoy your Sunday!!!

Looking forward to seeing your progress. have a great weekend
  • kindrabbit
    Options
    Todays exercise 10k charity race in 1hr 3 minutes. - utterly exhausted! Got to start training for next year now!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Bootcamp was cancelled this morning, so just 4 clients this evening only.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: I overate at my MIL's house. Good thing she doesn't live with us and cooks or I'd probably blow up in weight.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Just a walk with the dog this morning...............I'm tired from the party weekend. Tomorrow I'm giving my training session to my daughter but I'll be there working again. I enjoyed my 4 days off but I'm ready to get back to it.

Food is back to normal today and it looks like I didn't even gain any water weight from eating a little bit off my usual fare. I feel like I'm getting pretty good at maintenance. I think I'll be ready to work on losing another 5 or so soon.

Have a great week everyone!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Was a busy weekend of getting things done for this Saturday's art market. I had a lot to prepare, so good I took the break from exercise.

Cardio: 4 mile run, 1 mile at tempo, rest at easy pace. Back to running after giving my knee the week off. Man, the humidity was killing me again, even at 7am.

Food: been on target. Have dropped a couple pounds. Curious how much is water weight from diet adjustments (doctor's orders) and new dosage of thyroid meds. Will be monitoring.