"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Just found this... nice...

5 mile run at 5:30 this morning (513 calories), later ab workout and additional calorie burn 40 minutes on the elliptical (469 calories).. this is my only cardio day and my biggest calorie burn day.

I run 5 miles 6 days a week as my get up, get moving, otherwise I would be a slug..
    Welcome!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    gia07 wrote: »
    Just found this... nice...

5 mile run at 5:30 this morning (513 calories), later ab workout and additional calorie burn 40 minutes on the elliptical (469 calories).. this is my only cardio day and my biggest calorie burn day.

I run 5 miles 6 days a week as my get up, get moving, otherwise I would be a slug..

Welcome! Nice run. :)

Quick update: Didn't work out yesterday, nor will I tonight (mix of PMS and social plans). Will be back to it tomorrow.

Food: keeping things on target.

Good news: Has taken me 9 years, but I finally have my cholesterol back in the normal range!!
    One of the hardest things to do because genetics has a lot to do with it. Congrats.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Just my workout this morning and then 2 clients tonight. Have to work on my payroll because it's much different than the one I used to do. Everything used to be on an auto cycle of 2 weeks on a computer, but now I have to turn in hand written logs along with receipts of training (was that way 4 years ago) to confirm my payroll. Ugh.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: Dang sodium filled sausages.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    luluinca wrote: »
    Checking in a little early....we're taking another mid-week break and heading down to the beach for the afternoon and spending the night down there. Have a nice Hump Day everyone!!!

Exercises: 50 minutes Circuit training including 3X 10 pushups, 3X 10 situps w/12 lb ball, 3X 20 crunch twists w/12 lb ball, 3 X 60 sec elevated leg plank/basic plank/reverse plank, 3X 20 physio ball crunch w/25 lb plate, 3X 15 physio ball speed bridges, 3X 12 renegade rows w/20 lbs, 3X 2 min stairmaster on level 6, 2X 12 lat pull up w/8/8, 2X 12 overhead tricep extensions w/15/15, 2X 12 back extensions w/15/15, 2X 12 hanging straight leg raises. 20 min strength training including leg press 20@ 220 lbs, 15 @ 310 lbs, 10 @ 400 lbs, 3X 6 assisted pull ups, 3X 8 assisted dips.

I'm beginning to add back in some of the things I was doing before I injured my hip. Specifically today, the leg press. I only attempted 400 lbs and it felt fine so I imagine in a week or 2 I'll be back up where I was 6 weeks ago.

Food: We're eating out so I'm going to estimate today, hopefully keeping it under 1800.
    Lol, whenever I see a female who trains on their own and puts 2 10's on the leg press (our sled without weight weighs about 125lbs) then listen to them complain about how their legs are soft, I eyeroll pretty hard. Good job.

Yeah ours is close to the same, my trainer said it's 132 (I call it 130) and I stack 45's on each side and work my way up. I was a little nervous yesterday adding the leg press back in but I felt fine afterwards so will keep the increase going. My PR was 510 about 6 weeks ago.

Today's exercise: About a 90 minute walk on the beach but I wouldn't call it fast as we got there early enough to look for shells before they were all picked up already. Then we came home and went right back to work.

Food: Splurged a little yesterday on the best tortilla soup I've ever had last night but it had tons of cheese in it.....probably why it tasted so good. Back to normal today at around 1700. I can tell my sodium was pretty high yesterday so it may be a day or two before I weigh myself again.....LOL

Tomorrow is Friday!!!! Super YAY!!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!!

PMS is kicking me this week. Ready to bite everyone's head off, lol.

Cardio: 6 mile run; 1.5 mile at tempo, rest at easy.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Friday from now on will likely be my day off from both clubs for any work at all. I can always change that, but I like the idea of having 1 full day off from anything.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Chicken adobo for dinner. That usually means water retention. Not to mention the Warriors playing for their life last night probably forced me into a hormonal frenzy.
  • luluinca
    Options
    TGIF everyone and hoping you all have a great weekend.

I had a great workout this morning..........it's so great to be close to normal again regarding the hip. I'm not a very cheerful injured person so I'm just a little happier every day. My trainer happened to be there when I was doing leg press (upped it to 450) and he mentioned that if I can do that we're going back to squats next week..........that means I'm really BACK!!!

Exercise: 30 min circuit training including 2X 5 extended walkouts, 60 sec extended basic plank, 2X 60 sec elevated leg plank, 2X 3 min stairmaster, 2X 10 standard pushups, 2X 12 situps w/12 lb ball, 2X 20 crunch twists w/12 lb ball, 2X 10 renegade rows w/20lbs, 12 pistol squats w/20 lbs, 16 static fwd lunge press w/15 lbs, 2X 10 back extensions w/10 lbs, 2X 12 incline side crunch twists. 45 min strength training including leg press 20@ 220 lbs>15 @310 lbs>12@400 lbs> 8 @ 450lbs, bench press 2X 6 @ 65 lbs, 6 @ 75 lbs, 2X 3 @ 85 lbs, 2X 8 each arm single arm row w/37.5 lbs, 2X 10 overhead tricep extension w/15/15 lbs, 2X 10 cable row w/30/30, 2X 10 cable chest press w/20/20, 2X 10 cable rev deltoid fly w/7.5/7.5, 2 X 10 cable I fly w/10, 3 X 10 inner thigh w/90.

Food: Right around 1750.............I think I'm basically at maintenance, at least according to my doc and my trainer so I'm just going with that for now and will get in my two days a week of 2000 or so and the rest of the week eat around 1750.

I'm basically going for strength gains right now.............even though I'm still about 10 lbs overweight by the BMI scale...........whatever!!!!

Hope you have something fun on tap for the weekend!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! One client this morning then later take my DD swimming while I get in some extra cardio. Thankfully the Tennis Club has an indoor track because it's supposed to be 103 today.

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I had Taco Bell yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Cardio: 11 mile run, easy paced. 2 hours, 18 minutes. One of the best things about running is the support you get from complete strangers. Trudging along on my long run today and a guy I'd passed numerous times on the loop asked how many I'd done. "7 miles done, 4 to go", I told him. He told me how impressed he was, and how he hoped to run a half-marathon one day (he's run 5k's and 10k's). We chatted again the next two times I passed him. Dude, you have no idea how much your comments helped me finish those last couple miles, when I was really tired and so wanted to walk.

Food: on target. Weight down a little for the week. Really good considering the PMS.

Now, off to watch my former football team play their last home game of the season.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

I taught two Aqua Zumba classes this week and my second class had 12 students! Four people told me afterwards how much they enjoyed themselves

Cardio: Biked to all my classes, power strength today and a Zumba class

Strength: Did two sessions of weight training

Assessment: I ate a big bag of potato chips today and a whole bunch of cookies (after which I threw out the rest of the bag. It was a reaction to losing my purse today when it fell off my bike. :#
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Today I did 15 min of HIIT. Consisting of high knees and jogging for my rest period.
    For strength I worked on my lower body doing 3 variations of squats. 15 reps each and 3 sets each.
    Eating I am doing fine, thought I am WAY under what I should be. Thankfully I have yet to eat dinner and some sort of snack.
    My water intake was excellent today.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Saturday the dog and I walked/jogged about 4 miles in an hour............to the park, around the park and back home.

Had dinner at our daughters but ate just like I would have at home so it was an easy night out calorie wise.

Back to the gym today for dead lifts and hopefully a swim if I can get a lane!

Have a nice Sunday!

• luluinca
    Options
    I love Sundays at the gym.......it's so quiet in the morning and it was easy to get a lane to swim in.

Exercise: 15 min calisthenics warmup including pushups, situps, crunch twists, extended basic plank, elevated leg planks, physio ball glute bridges and crunches w/25 lb plate. 5 min stairmaster. 35 min weight lifting including 2X 10 speed DL's w/95 lbs, 1X 8 speeed DL w/105 lbs, 2X 5 DL's w/135 lbs, 1X 30 steps walking OHP w/45 lbs, 1X 30 steps walking OHP w/50 lbs, 2X 5 OHP @ 45 lbs, 10 Straight leg DL to high row @ 45> 10@ 50>10@ 55 lbs, 3X 10 inner thigh w/90. 30 min swim.

Food: Right around 1700, so a good day here. All macros look good.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Sunday!! Welcome to the new folks!

Cardio: 5 mile run, easy pace.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Bootcamp this morning, then 2 clients tonight. Looking to fill in the rest of my slots and have a full week each day, then have the weekends with minimal work.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Wasn't the best. Ate out all day yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    Happy Saturday!

Cardio: 11 mile run, easy paced. 2 hours, 18 minutes. One of the best things about running is the support you get from complete strangers. Trudging along on my long run today and a guy I'd passed numerous times on the loop asked how many I'd done. "7 miles done, 4 to go", I told him. He told me how impressed he was, and how he hoped to run a half-marathon one day (he's run 5k's and 10k's). We chatted again the next two times I passed him. Dude, you have no idea how much your comments helped me finish those last couple miles, when I was really tired and so wanted to walk.

Food: on target. Weight down a little for the week. Really good considering the PMS.

Now, off to watch my former football team play their last home game of the season.
    Takes discipline to run that far. Good for you.

• ninerbuff
    Options

I taught two Aqua Zumba classes this week and my second class had 12 students! Four people told me afterwards how much they enjoyed themselves

Cardio: Biked to all my classes, power strength today and a Zumba class

Strength: Did two sessions of weight training

Assessment: I ate a big bag of potato chips today and a whole bunch of cookies (after which I threw out the rest of the bag. It was a reaction to losing my purse today when it fell off my bike. :#
    Hey Jacqueline. Welcome and good job with new people. I know we don't keep them all coming, but creating a great experience for them is what they remember.

• luluinca
    Options
    Today was another dog walk/jog day. We put in 3.1 miles in 45 minutes with hills. It's quite a climb to the park we've been walking to.

1750 Calories today.

Tomorrow I meet with my trainer............we're supposed to be getting back to squats but my hip has been a little stiff the last couple of days so I'm not too sure about doing that.
  • brandiuntz
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Strength training:

Bench press: 1x5x65lb, 3x5x77.5lb

OHP: 1x5x45lb, 3x5x52.5lb

Pendlay Row: 1x5x65lb, 3x5x77.5lb

Flutter kicks: 3x20

Side plank: 2x20sec

Leg raises: 3x10

Body squats: 3x10

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 1 client this morning and then 2 in the evening. Only 3 more days left for school. I didn't grocery shop yesterday so I'm doing that today.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: I had Taco Bell but well within my calorie limits.