"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    The dog and I got in a 2.65 mile walk, with half of it uphill, this morning. I managed a quicker pace today so I really do think my hip is improving. I don't think I'm just trying to convince myself that it is.

My diet has been a bit weird lately as I sort of feel as though I'm under eating a bit but I'm not really sure why I'm doing it...........it's not necessarily intentional and it's not like me to not make the most of my allowed calories. It's only a little bit though so I'm not going to worry too much about it yet. Every time I think of something else I could eat it's either too fat, too much sugar or sounds boring.....I might just be tired of the diet mindset, not really sure what's going on.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! Subbing for a strength class this morning at the Tennis Club and then I have an interview at Fitness 19. I like Fitness 19's layout better, but the child care is so small.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: I overate yesterday.
  • luluinca
    Options
    <<<Leaving this pic up for awhile to remind me of how far I've come already and that I still have a ways to go to reach my goals. Weight loss is now the least important goal instead of the most important goal and I need to fuel my body to make the strength gains I'm still looking for.

Today was a much better day....probably because I made it to the gym.....and my hip continues to improve. :)

Exercise: 15 min calisthenics/warmup including pushups, planks, BW squats and 6 min stairmaster level 5. 60 min strength training including 3X 10 cable row w/30/30, 3X 10 rev delt cable w/7.5/7.5, 3X 12 cable kneeling lat pulldown w/30/30, 3X 10 cable I fly w/10 lbs, 3X 10 cable chest press w/20/20, 3X single arm press 10@ 20 lbs, 10 @ 25 lbs, 8 @ 17.5 lbs, 3X 8 each side bent over row w/35 lbs, 2X 60 steps single arm raised KB walk w/25 lbs, 2X 8 single leg bridge from bench, 3X 10 tricep pulldown w/30, 3X 10 tricep extension w/30....

Getting closer to 1700 today and macros were all much better. Hope I can keep it up over the weekend.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Looking good, luluinca!

TGIF!!

Took Thursday off...either tired or burnt out, but wanted the break.

Friday: Strength training:

Goblet squats: 1x25lb, 3x5x35lb

Sumo Deadlift: 1x5x135lb, 3x5x160lb

Barbell Glute Bridge: 3x5x160lb

Food: on target. Been a very good week of eating.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Have an assessment this morning at LVTC and then later just waiting to hear if Fitness 19 is going to hire me or not. My DD has a kids party so I don't have a lot to do for myself other than just hang out and relax. Or maybe I can catch a movie.

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I was fine till last evening at my uncle's wake.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Post that pic proudly!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Thanks guys............still a work in progress! I do like for other women my age to realize there are still possibilities as we age.

Today was an early morning walk on the beach............I'm guessing a couple of miles....but mostly it's a rest day for me. Back to the gym tomorrow and Monday.

Food just under 1650 so doing okay I think.

Hope you're enjoying your Saturday!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

No official exercise, but spent 3.5 hours washing cars for a local charity, plus moving some boxes upstairs in my house.

Food: on target.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Taking off for the rest of the day as we're having dinner at our daughter's house. I'm bringing the food so I know exactly what I'll be eating.....LOL

Exercise: 45 min calisthenics/hip rehab including 3X 5 extended walkouts, 3X 10 standard pushups, 3X 10 each side static lunges, 3X 10 BW squats, 3X 12 situps w/12 lb ball, 3X 20 crunch twists w/12 lb ball, 3X 10 renegade rows w/20/20, 3X 10 lat raises w/8/8, 6 minutes stairs, 2X 10 clams, 2X 6 V raises, 8 assisted pullups w/4 plates, 6 assisted pullups w/5 plates, 10 assisted dips w/ 7 plates, 8 assisted dips w/8 plates. 30 min swim back and free.

Food: Right around 1650 so I'm doing okay still. I know I should be closer to 1700 or 1750 but haven't really felt like eating that much yet. Gradually increasing my exercise again now that the hip is improving so I'm sure that will change soon.

Won't be around tomorrow as we're going out of town for the night but I am going to the gym in the AM to work arms. Have a great week everyone!
  • ninerbuff
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! June 1!!!! I have Park bootcamp training this morning, then my own workout. Hoping to hearfrom Fitness 19 today too.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: A funeral on Sat and a graduation party for my cousin on Sun. Polar opposites help to keep me from overeating.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Strength training:

Bench press: 1x5x65lb, 3x5x77.5lb

OHP: 1x5x45lb, 3x5x52.5lb

Pendlay Row: 1x5x65lb, 3x5x77.5lb

Flutter kicks: 3x20

Food: cheesecake!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! So Fitness 19 called and decided they wanted me to work for them, so I was hired yesterday! This week is some minor orientation and I even get to work with clients that already need a trainer, but haven't met with one due to lack of of them especially in the evenings. That's good for me since I work a lot of evenings.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Had sushi for lunch and steak for dinner.
  • luluinca
    Options
    So last night we had an event to attend. It was a lot of fun and a catered dinner with lots of wine. I estimated my calories before I left but doubt I really came close to what I actually consumed. Back to work today.

Today is a rest day.........I actually need to really rest, but I put in a great workout yesterday and see my trainer in the morning.

Monday's exercise: 25 min calisthenics including 2X 5 extended walkouts, 2X 10 standard pushups, 2X 12 BW squats, 2X 12 each side static lunges, 2X 10 renegade rows w/20 lbs, 2X 60 sec forearm plank w/elevated leg, 20 hip extensions on all fours, 2X 20 single leg bridges from bench, 2X 10 clams, 8 min stairmaster. 45 min strength training including 2X 5 bench press @ 65 lbs, 2X 5 bench press @ 75 lbs, 2X 3 bench press @ 85 lbs, 15 speed press @ 65 lbs, 12 speed press @ 75 lbs, 2X 5 OHP @ 45 lbs, 2X 3 OHP @ 50 lbs, 3X 10 adductor machine @ 80, 4X 20 single arm overhead KB walk w/25 lbs, 2X 10 lat pull down w/60 lbs, 1X 6 lat pull down w/70 lbs, 3X 10 bicep curl w/17.5 lbs, 3X 6 cable tricep extension w/40, 3X 6 cable tricep curl w/40, 2X 10 cable chest press w/20, 2X 10 cable row w/30.

Today I'm eating a bit under even though I know I can't really make up for the splurges yesterday.......lol
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    @luluinca : I remind myself a one day splurge is never the issue. It's weeks and months of splurges that get one into trouble. :)

Happy Tuesday!

Cardio: 6 mile run, easy pace with a fast finish. Hadn't run in a week, so felt good.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! My DD gets to tour her next school (middle school) today. Also starting with some new clients today at Fitness 19.

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: I did alright yesterday.
  • luluinca
    Options
    @ Brandi, thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes I think trying to change my mindset around food and making this whole experience less painful is still my biggest challenge. Dead lifts are easy by comparison...... ;)

Soooooo......I met with my trainer and we determined that my hip is about 95% healed and so started back on some explosive movement including low weight speed DL's. One thing lead to another and by the time we were done I was lifting 165 lbs again. I still can't believe that I'm right where I was 5 weeks ago after working core, back and arms exclusively. I'm pretty excited about it. He thinks I'll get to 200 fairly soon. My hip felt fine and even after doing some other exercises and painful pressure point therapy by him, it feels good. What a relief.

Exercise: 20 min calisthenic/stairmaster warmup including pushups, situps, crunch twists, clams, elevated leg planks, BW squats, static lunges, V ups, hip extensions on all fours. 50 min strength training w/Brent including speed pulls, DL up to 165, explosive bridges and jack knifes on the physio ball.

Food: Back over 1700 again as my metabolism seems to have revved up again with the more intense exercise of the last week or so.

Happy Hump Day!!!!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!!

Strength training:

Goblet Squats: 3x5x35lb

Dead Lift: 2x5x135lb

Barbell Glute Bridge: 3x5x160lb

Food: on target
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! I signed up one of my previous clients to Fitness 19 and he's going to train with me there from now on. Also going to train a former client tonight. She should also probably end up signing with me again since she's already stated that she's not tried working out with anyone else.
    I've got some other new clients this morning too.

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: I did good yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    @ Brandi, thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes I think trying to change my mindset around food and making this whole experience less painful is still my biggest challenge. Dead lifts are easy by comparison...... ;)

Soooooo......I met with my trainer and we determined that my hip is about 95% healed and so started back on some explosive movement including low weight speed DL's. One thing lead to another and by the time we were done I was lifting 165 lbs again. I still can't believe that I'm right where I was 5 weeks ago after working core, back and arms exclusively. I'm pretty excited about it. He thinks I'll get to 200 fairly soon. My hip felt fine and even after doing some other exercises and painful pressure point therapy by him, it feels good. What a relief.

Exercise: 20 min calisthenic/stairmaster warmup including pushups, situps, crunch twists, clams, elevated leg planks, BW squats, static lunges, V ups, hip extensions on all fours. 50 min strength training w/Brent including speed pulls, DL up to 165, explosive bridges and jack knifes on the physio ball.

Food: Back over 1700 again as my metabolism seems to have revved up again with the more intense exercise of the last week or so.

Happy Hump Day!!!!
    Conditioned people take awhile to lose strength even they are performing specific exercises they are used too. Cardio conditioning.................that's a different story.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    You playing softball right now brandi?