"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Whoops! Forgot to check in on Friday.

Strength training:

Bench Press: 5x5x65lb

OHP: 5x5x45lb

Pendlay Row: 5x5x65lb

Goblet Squats: 5x5x25lb

Food: on target. Down to 156lb. One pound from goal!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! One client today then doing some house cleaning and laundry.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Had McDonald's for dinner.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Saturday, all! Hope you're all having a great weekend.

Cardio: 10 mile run, easy pace with 1 mile of strides. 2 hours 5 minutes. For the first time, I've run 100 miles within one month. And, still need to run tomorrow. Been trying to up my mileage for a while, so proud of hitting that target.

Food: on target.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @ Brandi............great job on the running target!!!

Yesterday I swam for about an hour and calories were right on target.

Today: 20 min calisthenics warmup including BW squats and lunges, pushups, planks, transverse lunges, back extensions, hanging leg lifts, incline side crunch twists and crunch machine. 10 min bike. 65 minutes strength training including leg press <15 @ 310 lbs, 12 @ 400, 10 @ 490, 8 @ 510, 8 @ 540 lbs>, bench press 1X 10 @ 65 lbs, 2X 6 @ 75 lbs, 1X 5 @ 85 lbs, 1X 3 @ 90 lbs>, 2X 10 each side single leg wall squat w/20/20 lbs dumbbells, 2X 10 each side single leg RDL/row w/25/25 dumbbells, 2X 10 front loaded box squats w/20/20 lbs dumbbells, 2X 10 cable rear deltoid fly w/10/10, 2X 10 cable chest press w/23/23, 2X 10 cable kneeling lat pulldown w/33/33, 2X 10 each way side lunges w20/20 and 2X 10 each way w/10 lb plate drag. 30 min swim.

I should be able to stick to about 1700 today.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!!!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

Cardio: 2.5 mile run, easy pace, 30 minutes.

Food: a little over to make for being a little more under than I planned yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 4 tonight. First week of school was fun for my DD. She's looking forward to band and doing well this year with a focus of getting straight A's in every class.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Took my DD and some of her friends out to Lost Worlds to play yesterday. Eating wasn't so good.
  • brandiuntz
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Happy Monday, all! Hope your week got off to a great start!

Strength training:

Bench Press: 5x5x67.5lb
    OHP: 5x5x47.5lb
    Pendlay Row: 5x5x67.5lb
    Dead Lift: 1x5x135lb

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning and then 3 in the evening. Not much to worry about today. Just cleaning up a little.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: I did okay.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Hope you're all having a great week!

Yesterday I took the dog for 40 min walk/jog. She prefers the jogging part so pushes me to run a little more than I normally would.....sheesh!

Today: 20 min calisthenics warmup including pushups, planks, physio ball bridges and pikes, renegade rows, back extensions w/20 lbs plates, incline side crunch twists and hanging leg lifts. 40 min weight lifting w/Brent including 4X 12 overhead wall/ball squats w/30 lbs bar and progressive single leg RDL beginning w/65 lbs and ending w/105 lbs.

Spent more time talking than training today with my trainer. We're thinking about me training for some power lifting competitions but I'm not convinced yet it's something I want to actually do, although I don't mind training for it.....lol

Been on target calorie wise the last several days so I'm happy with that. Looks like I lost a pound, but we'll see if it sticks.

• brandiuntz
    Options
    @luluinca : That's a smart dog. ;) Maybe train for power lifting and see if you get the desire to compete!
  • luluinca
    edited September 2015
    Options
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    @luluinca : That's a smart dog. ;) Maybe train for power lifting and see if you get the desire to compete!

Lol............she (my dog) knows how to work me!!! So does my trainer.....
  • luluinca
    Options
    @ Brandi, can I ask you how tall you are? I'm curious because of my weight loss goals. I met the first one my doctor set for me of 165 but now I'm aiming for 155.......My trainer could care less about the scale so he's no help at all........LOL I think he likes me where I am but I don't......and yet I'm trying not to become obsessed with a number. I've lost almost 70 lbs in 2 years so I can't really complain.....LOL
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    @ Brandi, can I ask you how tall you are? I'm curious because of my weight loss goals. I met the first one my doctor set for me of 165 but now I'm aiming for 155.......My trainer could care less about the scale so he's no help at all........LOL I think he likes me where I am but I don't......and yet I'm trying not to become obsessed with a number. I've lost almost 70 lbs in 2 years so I can't really complain.....LOL

I am 5'8". My weight has gone back up to 158 after dipping to 155.6 over the weekend. Got to love the constant fluctuations! My goal is 155lb for myself, but really it's about body fat percentage. I'd like more muscle than I have, but since distance running is a bigger interest right now, I know I'm not really going to add any actual muscle. Maybe after I tick a marathon and ultra off my bucket list. Right now, the focus is building strength and maintaining current muscle levels.

So, I'd like to see more muscle on myself and a little less fat, and I think 155lb would do it, if the BF% is a little lower. I'd like to hit 155lb and be able to stay there a bit this year, then maybe drop a little more, just to get the BF% down, then focus on some sort of bulk in 2 years, when those running goals are accomplished. We'll see where it all ends up! I feel good at 155-160lb. Just not quite as defined as I'd like to be.

• brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Cardio: 6 mile run, easy pace. 78 minutes.

• luluinca
    edited September 2015
    Options

I am 5'8". My weight has gone back up to 158 after dipping to 155.6 over the weekend. Got to love the constant fluctuations! My goal is 155lb for myself, but really it's about body fat percentage. I'd like more muscle than I have, but since distance running is a bigger interest right now, I know I'm not really going to add any actual muscle. Maybe after I tick a marathon and ultra off my bucket list. Right now, the focus is building strength and maintaining current muscle levels.

So, I'd like to see more muscle on myself and a little less fat, and I think 155lb would do it, if the BF% is a little lower. I'd like to hit 155lb and be able to stay there a bit this year, then maybe drop a little more, just to get the BF% down, then focus on some sort of bulk in 2 years, when those running goals are accomplished. We'll see where it all ends up! I feel good at 155-160lb. Just not quite as defined as I'd like to be.

Thanks Brandi. I don't like to compare myself to others, especially at my age, but it is interesting to see what goals other women have. Good luck on your running, I think that's impressive.

I'm just the opposite regarding exercise............I'm much more interested in weights than cardio right now. I do cardio because I need to, not because I like it, although I do love to swim.

I'd be happy to lose another 10 lbs even if it takes me a year, especially if it's primarily fat loss...... ;). I'm 5'7" and pretty much weighed in the 140's to 150's most of my adult life until I hit 50 and then.............uggghhh. I feel good though and keep getting stronger so I'm essentially happy here, just not finished. As if I'll ever be finished....LOL
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday!4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Busy!!!

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Brats last night.
  • brandiuntz
    Options

Thanks Brandi. I don't like to compare myself to others, especially at my age, but it is interesting to see what goals other women have. Good luck on your running, I think that's impressive.

I'm just the opposite regarding exercise............I'm much more interested in weights than cardio right now. I do cardio because I need to, not because I like it, although I do love to swim.

I'd be happy to lose another 10 lbs even if it takes me a year, especially if it's primarily fat loss...... ;). I'm 5'7" and pretty much weighed in the 140's to 150's most of my adult life until I hit 50 and then.............uggghhh. I feel good though and keep getting stronger so I'm essentially happy here, just not finished. As if I'll ever be finished....LOL

I was surprised by how much I loved running, especially pursuing the sport aspect of running races and hitting distance goals. I think I'll slow down a bit after 2017, which is when I want to hit that marathon and ultra. It takes a lot of time for training, so I expect I'll back off some afterwards. Though, I plan to always run.

I love weight lifting. What an incredible feeling! Love being strong. I wish more women would embrace the glory of heavy lifting. :) I feel conflicted, since I simply can't lift as much as I want and train for half-marathon distance. If I preferred shorter distances, I could. At some point, I'll put some serious focus on the lifting.

I know the 150-155 range works for me due to my 20's, when that's where I was. I became overweight in my 30's. Took me a solid 3 years to lose the 60lbs, so you're doing great! Really, the number doesn't matter...just want to get fitter and maintain a look I like. And, yes, I don't think I'll ever be "finished". Not a bad thing, though.

• luluinca
    Options

I was surprised by how much I loved running, especially pursuing the sport aspect of running races and hitting distance goals. I think I'll slow down a bit after 2017, which is when I want to hit that marathon and ultra. It takes a lot of time for training, so I expect I'll back off some afterwards. Though, I plan to always run.

I love weight lifting. What an incredible feeling! Love being strong. I wish more women would embrace the glory of heavy lifting. :) I feel conflicted, since I simply can't lift as much as I want and train for half-marathon distance. If I preferred shorter distances, I could. At some point, I'll put some serious focus on the lifting.

I know the 150-155 range works for me due to my 20's, when that's where I was. I became overweight in my 30's. Took me a solid 3 years to lose the 60lbs, so you're doing great! Really, the number doesn't matter...just want to get fitter and maintain a look I like. And, yes, I don't think I'll ever be "finished". Not a bad thing, though.

I'm surprised by how much I love going to the gym and lifting weights............never in a million years would have imagined that. I grew up swimming and playing team sports and continued some of that, primarily the swimming, for years. But I never really cared about going to the gym even after trying it for a few months in my 30's.

Now, I have to force myself to take a rest day......LOL

You're young, you've got time to do both the running and then the weights, even though I know you do weights now anyway. I can tell you really want to go at it even harder.....LOL

I wish more women lifted weights too............I keep encouraging my older friends to try it because the dividends are huge as we age.

Speaking of rest days..............today is one! ;)

• brandiuntz
    Options
    I'm surprised by how much I love going to the gym and lifting weights............never in a million years would have imagined that. I grew up swimming and playing team sports and continued some of that, primarily the swimming, for years. But I never really cared about going to the gym even after trying it for a few months in my 30's.

Now, I have to force myself to take a rest day......LOL

You're young, you've got time to do both the running and then the weights, even though I know you do weights now anyway. I can tell you really want to go at it even harder.....LOL

I wish more women lifted weights too............I keep encouraging my older friends to try it because the dividends are huge as we age.

Speaking of rest days..............today is one! ;)

I love being called young! Don't hear it too much at 44. ;)

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Strength training:

Bench Press: 5x5x67.5lb
    OHP: 5x5x47.5lb
    Pendlay Row: 5x5x67.5lb
    Goblet Squat: 5x5x25lb

Food: a little over.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and then 2 tonight. Did my 2nd FFL draft last night. It was a good one!

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: Lamb last night!