"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Man, resting from exercise is hard! Ugh. But, I've been good and stayed within my calories all week. No gains.

Cardio: Ran the Toughest 10k Kemah race this morning. Official time was 1:09:14. I was supposed to go easy, since my shin and ankle are not healed, but ended up beating last year's time by 2 minutes. Considering this involves running over a steep bridge 4 times, I am proud of the achievement and hopefully didn't do anything to my leg. Seeing the doc next week, though I think this is all just deep bruising from softball and a slight strain of the ankle from last Saturday's trail run. Back to the RICE method!

I didn't skip the race because it's race #1 of a series and I refuse to miss the series' final medal. Next race isn't for a month, so I hope to be healed by then.

Hope you all have a great weekend and welcome to Wildflower!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @ Brandi............so happy you were able to get that race in.............and 2 minutes.........good job!

Having a great exercise weekend here and food is not bad at all!!!

Today: 25 min calisthenics warmup including pushups, planks, physio ball bridges and pikes, back extensions, hanging leg lifts, crunch machine and incline side crunch twists. 55 min strength training including 6 sets of 10 seated single arm high row w/resistance band, 2X 8 seated single arm shoulder press w/17.5 lbs and 1X 6 w/20 lbs, bent over row <2 X 8@ 65 lbs, 1X 6 @ 75 lbs, 1X 5 @ 85 lbs>, 3X 5 single leg RDL w/95 lbs, 3X 8 seated row w/85 lbs, 3X 10 inner thigh w/100. 30 min swim.

Happy Sunday everyone!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,718 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 4 tonight. Back to the grind after having a good weekend in Tahoe.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Pretty much just ate off the hook during the weekend.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Strength training:

Bench Press: 5x5x72.5lb
    OHP: 5x5x52.5lb
    Pendlay Row: 5x5x72.5lb

Food: a little over.
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

First time checking in. Been looking for a consistent check-in group since the one I was in turned into a monologue. Started Allpro's beginner lifting routine Monday, as a follow-up to the split routine I've been running since last September.

Monday:
    Strength:
    Dumbbell Squat: 2x8x34kg
    Dumbbell Bench Press: 2x8x27kg
    Dumbbell Bent-over Row: 2x8x27
    Overhead Dumbbell Press: 2x8x16kg
    Stiff-legged Dumbbell Deadlifts: 2x8x36
    Dumbbell Curls: 2x8x16
    Dumbbell Calf Raises: 2x8x41

Assessment: Food was pretty much on point

Have a great week, everyone
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 3 tonight. Another full day. In fact I'm full at every slot for at least the next month or so. There have been several people asking for me to be their trainer, but I don't feel like expanding my time slots.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Steak and vegetables for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    markmacare wrote: »
    Hey guys,

First time checking in. Been looking for a consistent check-in group since the one I was in turned into a monologue. Started Allpro's beginner lifting routine Monday, as a follow-up to the split routine I've been running since last September.

Monday:
    Strength:

Welcome! As you can tell, this thread has been around a long time.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    markmacare wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Monday:
    Strength:

Welcome!!
  • luluinca
    Options
    @ Mark..........welcome to the group, we're small but mighty!

Last night I swam for 30 minutes since the pool was still warm from the weekend....don't want to miss any chances to swim outside this time of year. B)

Worked on bench press today with my trainer..........got up to 105lb with him spotting me and 115 with a little help.....LOL

Today: 20 min calisthenics warmup including pushups, planks, physio ball pikes and bridges, BW squats and lunges, back extensions, hanging leg lifts and incline side crunches. 45 min strength training w/Brent including bench press<started at 65 lb and worked up to 105 lbs on my own but also tried 115 and 125 lbs with his help>resistance band squats, single arm incline bench press w/20 lbs. 15 minutes strength training including leg press <15 @ 310 lbs, 12 @ 400 lbs, 10 @ 490 lbs and 8 @ 540 lbs>, 3X 10 inner thigh @ 100. 12 min rowing machine level 10 @ 30 spm.

I cut back calories a little to about 1650 since I'm not swimming as often. I've been losing a little here and there so I won't stay there too long.

• brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, all!

No official exercise, as still resting the ankle this week. Did do some balancing work to start rehabbing it.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Yesterday an SUV plowed through my old gym (across the street) and killed 1 while injuring 4 others. It's closed down till notified, and already last night some of the old members I knew were coming in my new place of work (Fitness 19).

http://abc7news.com/news/lawrence-livermore-lab-cfo-killed-after-suv-crashes-into-gym/996470/

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Longanisa for dinner.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Yesterday an SUV plowed through my old gym (across the street) and killed 1 while injuring 4 others. It's closed down till notified, and already last night some of the old members I knew were coming in my new place of work (Fitness 19).

http://abc7news.com/news/lawrence-livermore-lab-cfo-killed-after-suv-crashes-into-gym/996470/

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Longanisa for dinner.

How sad about that crash.
  • markmacare
    Options
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome!

Workouts
    Yesterday was recovery day, 45 min yoga session

Food: took my wife out for dinner for her birthday, don't really know nutritional values for all the small bites served there, but it was yummy!

Sad to hear about that crash. Hope the others will recover!
  • markmacare
    Options
    Hi guys,

Workout
    Allpro beginner routine, cycle 1, week 1, day 2
    Dumbbell Squat: 2x8x30.5kg
    Dumbbell Bench Press: 2x8x25kg
    Dumbbell Bent-over Row: 2x8x25
    Overhead Dumbbell Press: 2x8x14kg
    Stiff-legged Dumbbell Deadlifts: 2x8x32
    Dumbbell Curls: 2x8x14
    Dumbbell Calf Raises: 2x8x36

Assessment:
    Still a little under my calorie goal as I am switching from my cutting diet.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and then 3 tonight. Just getting in some NFL later after my evening sessions.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: Chicken adobo last night.
  • luluinca
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Took a rest day yesterday........my shoulders and chest were pretty sore from pushing my bench press.....LOL

Today: 20 minute calisthenics warmup including pushups, BW squats and lunges, planks, physio ball bridges and pikes, planks, back extensions, hanging leg lifts, stairmaster. 70 min weight lifting/strength training including squats <1X8 @ 75 lbs, 1X 5 @ 85 lbs, 1X 5 @ 95 lbs, 1X 5 @ 105 lbs,1X5 @ 115 lbs> 2X 6 single leg RDL @ 95 lbs and 1X 5 @ 105 lbs, hip thrust/barbell bridge <1X 10 @ 65 lbs, 1X 5 @ 75 lbs, 1 X 5 @ 95 lbs>, 3X 8 cable tricep overhead extensions and pushdowns @ 40 lbs, 3X 8 lat pulldown w/75 lbs, 3X 10 inner thigh @ 100.

Going out to dinner so will try to stay reasonable..........

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • markmacare
    Options
    Hey guys,

Enjoy your Friday!

Workout
    P90X3 CVX with 5 pound weight

Assessment
    Overall calories were fine, but overshot fat intake yesterday, low on carbs.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 4 clients this morning. DD has her first ever school dance. With a boy asking her out........................here we go.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Ribs for dinner.
  • luluinca
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 4 clients this morning. DD has her first ever school dance. With a boy asking her out........................here we go.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Ribs for dinner.

Oh yeah..........good luck with the dating thing.......

• luluinca
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Big accessory day for me today..............I went in without a plan and came out worn out!!!!

25 min calisthenics warmup including pushups, planks, physio ball bridges and pikes, situps and crunch twists w/12 lb ball, renegade rows w/20/20 lbs, phsyio ball crunches w/25 lb plate, back extensions w/20 lbs plates, hanging leg lifts and crunch machine. 60 min strength training including 10 single arm incline shoulder press w/ 20 lbs and 2X 8 w/22.5 lbs, incline bench row to press w/ 8/8 lbs, 3X 8 fwd lunges w/40 lb bar overhead, 3X 8 rev lunges w/40 lb bar overhead, 3X 10 cable deltoid fly w/10/10, 3X 10 cable chest press w/23/23, 3X 10 kneeling cable lat pulldown w/ 33/33, 3X 10 cable squat w/overhead arm raise w/10, 3X 10 KB alt hand swings w/25 lbs, 3X 10 inner thigh w/100. 30 min swim.

I think my sodium was a little high last night eating out but calories seemed pretty good. Back to normal today unless we decide to have margaritas in the jacuzzi or something..........LOL......it is Friday after all!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!