"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,723 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 4 tonight. An okay weekend. Went and saw Hotel Transylvannia 2 with my DD. Then watch the 9ers lose again.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Had Thai last night.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Cardio. 5 ish mile jog on hilly trail. Very slow. Took about an hour. 1 hour hiking steepest stuff around with a 35 lb pack. 2 more hours hiking no pack but trying to hustle. Averaging 15 min mile for a little while on flat. Feeling things out for an upcoming backpacking trip.

Strength. None. Will make this a priority tomorrow.

Eating. 15-1600 does not feel reasonable at this activity level. I had taken in about 1300 by my last hike and I was dizzy and not at all clear headed. Temperature was in the 90s which may have contributed. I ended up rounding out the day at 2100, but I would have had a better afternoon if I'd shifted some of those cals to earlier in the day and I could have gotten by on 1800. I drank a lot of water because I'm getting a cold, and I noticed very improved performance overall just from the good hydration.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 3 tonight. Laundry day and also recycle dropoff. Clearing out the garage of recycle is always nice.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Lamb last night.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous day outside yesterday enjoyed being with family forThanksgiving!

Calories, technically about 300 calories over but I'm not concerned with this.

Exercise off day activity: went for a good long walk 4 miles with the family, leaves are turning weather was unseasonably wArm so great to enjoy it while I can!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Took a much needed rest day yesterday and then met with my trainer for the last time this morning.....boohoo....hopefully I'll be able to get back to him next year sometime. He evaluated where I am as far as some of the things we've been working on and a couple of the injuries I'm still overcoming and gave me some things to work on going forward.

Today: 20 min calisthenics warm-up including BW squats and lunges, push-ups, planks, back extensions, incline crunch twists, hanging leg lifts and physio ball pikes and bridges. 50 min strength training w/Brent including 3X 10 shrugs w/95 lb bar, 3X 10 upright row w/45 lbs, 3X15 TRX TYI and assorted stretching of shoulders, hips, hamstrings and chest. 15 min bike at 10 resistance and 13.5 mph.

Food: A little over 1700 today! I'm at my lowest weight during this two year journey........still a few pounds to go though.

Looks like you're all having a great week so far......keep it up!!!!
  • ltworide
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Back to regular training today, Thanksgiving is over till next year.

Calories: 500 calories under

Exercise: 16k steps.
    Workout: part 1 100 double kettlebell push presses. 2 x 15 lb bells. Time taken: 4:16 mins.
    Part 2 do this every 2 mins for 18 mins:
    3 pull-ups
    6 double racked kettlebell drop lunge. 2 x 12 kg bells.
    12 double kettlebell Romanian deadlifts. 2 x 18 kg bells

Land mine 1/2 rotations 3 sets x 10 reps. 25 lb plate on bar.
    Wide grip inverted rows feet on Swiss ball. 3 sets x 10 reps
    Bird dog hold on Swiss ball for time: 30 secs/side
    Skipping: 2 sets x 3 mins
  • RobynLB83
    Options
    Today was basically a repeat of yesterday. 4 hours cardio. 1 hour trail running (light effort). 1 hour walk on the beach. 2 hours hiking with a heavy pack (moderate to light effort). I wasn't pushing speed or distance as much today, and I didn't get wiped out by the end of the day like yesterday. Legs are feeling pretty dialed in for backpacking :)

Bailed on the bootcamp class I was going to do on my lunch break. Just as well, my hands could use another day to heal. Maybe I'll do some push-ups and abs this evening.

Food: comfortably stayed in calorie range without feeling weak, but went over my macro target for carbs.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Nothing much to do today, but finish my DD's Halloween costume.

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Steak last night.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Took the dog out this morning for our walk/jog.............happy to say I've been jogging more and more of it. Got in 3 miles and about 2 or a little more were jogging. I'm gradually trying to build up to at least a 3 mile run.

Eating in the 1650 range today..........macros should all be in line.

HHD everyone!!!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No official exercise Monday and Tuesday. Too many errands Monday, and some laziness.

Tuesday, I put together the new treadmill I bought. Was excited to try and use it, but, A. ran out of time (took forever to put it together). B. It was missing the safety key, which means it won't run until I get the replacement in a few days. :/ I plan to use the treadmill for a couple runs a week, when I'm too lazy to get outside or the weather isn't cooperating. If nothing else, I used some muscles last night in the failed attempt to get it upstairs and putting it together! Found a new spot downstairs that will be its home-probably better since it's near my weightlifting gear.

Food - overate on Monday, but was very good on Tuesday.
  • ltworide
    Options
    Food: on track :)
    Exercise: strength. Double dumbbell snatches 5 sets x2/leg, barbell hip thrusts 3 sets x 12 reps, Jefferson deadlifts 3 sets x 8 reps, pull-ups 20 reps total, 1 arm barbell chest press on physio ball 3 sets x 2 reps/arm

Krav Maga class tonight.
  • RobynLB83
    Options
    1) 1 hour hill run. Steep hills. Light effort.
    2) 1 hour hike. Leisurely.
    3) Bouldering (gym) about 12 routes in 30 minutes. Calisthenics. Sit-ups, crunches, bicycles, toe touches, alt toe touches, leg raises, push-ups.
    4) 45 minute ruck. Steep hills. 40 lbs. Aberaging about a 17 min mile which is a little slower than I'd like for the level of exertion I was feeling. Humidity? Illness?
    5) 1 hour leisure hike.

Food: on target.

Tomorrow: I'd like to get some HITT in tomorrow. My cardio is feeling a little weak with this cold, but I don't want to let boxing conditioning slide too much.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and then 3 tonight. Halfway through the month! No plans today except to get the material I need to get my daughter's costume done.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: Seafood last night for dinner.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Had a good workout this morning and managed all the SL weights. Will move squats and rows up but keep bench the same for another week. Without a spotter I'm nervous about going too much heavier. I probably need to get brave and just ask someone to spot for me......sheesh. Tomorrow will be an accessory day with lots of single arm and leg "stuff".

25 min calisthenics warm-up incl BW squats and lunges, pushups, planks, physio ball bridges and pikes, physio ball crunches w/25 lbs, back extensions w/20 lbs, hanging leg lifts, crunch machine and stairmaster. 60 min weight and strength training incl Strong Lifts <2X 8 squats warmup w/65 lbs, 5X5 squats w/100 lbs, 2X 5 Bench warmup w/65 lbs, 5X 5 Bench w/80 lbs, 1X8 upright row warmup w/45 lbs and 5X5 bent over row w/75 lbs>, 3X 10 TRX TYI, 3X 10 shrugs w/95 lbs and 3X 10 inner thigh w/110.

Food: Right around 1700 today.
  • RobynLB83
    Options
    1) 60 minute beach run, equal parts trail, sand, and paved. Light effort. Legs felt heavy from all that rucking the past few days.
    2) 1 hour hike, no pack. Light effort.
    3) 45 minute boot camp class. Stations. Pretty well rounded. Moderate to high intensity. Strength was feeling pretty spot on. Which was nice to see after such a cardio focus this past week.
    4) 2 more hours hiking. No pack. Light effort.

This seriously felt like a rest day.

Food: within ranges even though I felt like gorging on sugar this morning. I ate a little more than normal for my breakfast and morning snack and the urgent hunger feeling went away.
  • ltworide
    Options
    Food: on par.

Power Yoga 1 hour. Felt good to stretch out & focus on coordinating movement with my breathe.

Power focus. Box jumps.focus was on trying to land lighter not for height. Barbell clean & press 75 lbs 5x3. 1 arm inverted rows 3x6/side. Plyo inverted row, feet on Swiss ball 2x8. Modified 1 arm push-ups done on barbell in squat rack set at "11" 3x3 side.

For mind/muscle coordination: 1 arm kettlebell swing from lunge stance to 1leg atance with hip & knee flexion 12 kg 3x10/side. 1 arm rotational kettlebell swing with pull in/push out at shoulder 10 kg 3x10. 1 arm Kettlebell bottoms up clean & press kneeling on Swiss ball 12 lbs 2x5/side. Double Kettlebell bottoms up hammer curl 8 kg 2x8.

I love doing challenging exercises that are outside the box involving muscle/mind coordination...
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

You all are posting some seriously awesome workouts. I feel like a slacker! :)

Cardio: 4 mile run, easy pace. Final little run before my 10K this weekend.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Let's finish it strong before the weekend!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 4 clients this morning. Getting the fabric today to finish my daughter's cloak for her costume.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Ribs last night.
  • luluinca
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @Wildflower........lifting straps really help. Looks like you had a great workout week!!!

My trainer told me to work at least one day a week for the next month or two on single arm and single leg exercises so that's what I did today. My right hip still isn't up to the left one strength wise and my left arm isn't up to the right one.............I'm lopsided!!!

Today: 25 min calisthenics warmup incl BW squats and lunges, pushups, planks, situps and crunch twists w/12 lb ball, physio ball pikes and bridges, renegade rows w/20 lbs, back extensions w/20 lbs, incline side crunches w/10 lbs and hanging leg lifts. 10 min bike resistance 11/13 mph. 60 min strength training incl 3X 20 box step ups, 3X 20 single leg bridges w/45 lbs, 3X 20 static lunges w/single arm shoulder press w/20 lbs, 3X 80 step walk w/single arm/30 lb KB overhead, 3X 20 single leg glute master w/40, 2X 20 alt hand KB swing w/25 lbs, 3X 10 single leg press w/225 lbs and 3X 10 inner thigh w/110.

Food.............around 1800 today! I worked hard this week and I'm kind of starving!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone.............y'all deserve it!!!!