"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, all!

Strength training:

Bench Press: 1x5x65lb, 4x5x75lb
    OHP: 1x5x45lb, 4x5x50lb
    Pendlay Row: 1x5x65lb, 2x5x70lb, 2x5x75lb
    Good Mornings: 4x5x25lb
    Leg raises: 3x10
    Push ups: 1x5

Food: on target.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Wednesay

I still have't Christmas shopped, will I be able to log that as cardio?

Cardio: None other than 100 trips back and forth to the garage, as well as up and down the stairs. My wife is in full bore Christmas mode, so I have to feed the decorations quick!

Strength: Short on time, so knocked out a bunch of various push ups, dips, and other body weight stuff for about a half hour. Zero rest time, transitioned from one to the next and varied muscle groups to avoid quick burn out.

Assessment: Still varying from slight loss to maintenance on my intake, but enjoying the freedom to do so. Intend to nail down more specific goals after the holidays and restrict the diet more.

@Wildflower0071 - I was speaking of my military time. I took it for granted until after the fact, but though it was often forced, we got a lot of exercise in on the clock. Great gyms all over the places I traveled, and lacking that we made gyms. I've lifted with sandbags in the desert, and tossed ice blocks in the arctic. And no matter where we were, we always had plenty of gear. Cross country skiing with a 60-70 lb load will find some new muscle groups. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning ONLY!! Why? Because tonight my DD and I are going to go see STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been to every opening day or midnight showing of the Star Wars saga ever since 1977 and it's still going on!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cardio: walking- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, one arm dumbell rows, cable rows, pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Hamburger helper last night!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Wednesay

Lol, dude that's what Amazon Prime is for. 2 day delivery of any item you buy! And you don't have to go out to find it!

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

Happy Thursday! I just finished moving into a new apartment that's 7 blocks from the Y.

Cardio: Signed up for a Zumba class tonight

Strength: Can only do left arm until my right hand heals. ;-/

Assessment: Eating out for the past month - this morning I'm going food shopping finally!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Posting for yesterday, 12/16:

Cardio: No cardio; got in around 7-8k steps

Strength: Push Circuit 2

Assessment: Stayed within calorie limit

Today is cardio day and going to get me some lifting straps.

Strength: Build Shoulders, huh! after a century and half, I am pleased to announce I increased my max for shoulders workouts! not one, not two, but all of the moves! yeay yeay yeay!!!!

Lol. Congratulations on the strength gains. Shoulders are my weak area and it does seem like forever to make improvements.

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got a 3 mile run in with the dog.............it was cold here so we went out a little later than normal and then I got hot...........LOL

Cardio: 5 min stairmaster and 10 min bike.

Strength: 35 min calisthenics warmup including uneven pushups, side planks, pistol squats, good mornings, decline situps, decline leg lifts, physio ball pikes and bridges, lat arm raises and 5 min stair master. 60 min arms including 2X5 bench press w/65 lbs and 3X5 w/85 lbs, 3X8 bent over single arm bench rows w/40 lbs, 3X20 alternating arm seated bicep curls w/17.5 lbs, 3X10 standing overhead rev tricep extension w/35 lbs, 3X10 cable lat pulldown w/70 lbs, 3X10 cable tricep extension w/40 lbs, 3X10 cable tricep pushdown w/40 lbs, 3X10 seated dip w/115 lbs added, 3X10 deltoid raise w/40, 3X10 deltoid fly w/50 lbs, 3X10 shrugs w/95 lbs and 3X10 inner thigh w/110. 10 min bike.

Assessment: Still just maintaining here calorie and weight wise. My plan of saving calories during the week for the party weekends seems to be working out. We'll see how I do for the week in CO!

Happy Thursday everyone!!!
  • luluinca
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Wednesay

Lol, dude that's what Amazon Prime is for. 2 day delivery of any item you buy! And you don't have to go out to find it!

Love, love Amazon Prime here!!!
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Conditioning work today.

Circuit 1.5 min rest 5 rounds:
    Angled barbell clean, lateral step & press 6/side +12.5 lbs
    Angled bb Russian twist 10 reps +12.5 lbs
    Double KB Walking lunge 60 steps 2 x 12 kg
    Deficit pike press feet on ball 10 reps

2 ball jackknife 3 x 10
    2 ball shoulder rollout on back
    2 ball plank w/1 arm rollout 2 x 10

Circuit 2: 3 rounds
    Ladder inverted 7
    Ladder 1 leg lateral hops
    Trx Inverted row 10 reps

Assessment: beef stew for dinner. Calories on track.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    Yesterday I got a 3 mile run in with the dog.............it was cold here so we went out a little later than normal and then I got hot...........LOL

Cardio: 5 min stairmaster and 10 min bike.

Strength: 35 min calisthenics warmup including uneven pushups, side planks, pistol squats, good mornings, decline situps, decline leg lifts, physio ball pikes and bridges, lat arm raises and 5 min stair master. 60 min arms including 2X5 bench press w/65 lbs and 3X5 w/85 lbs, 3X8 bent over single arm bench rows w/40 lbs, 3X20 alternating arm seated bicep curls w/17.5 lbs, 3X10 standing overhead rev tricep extension w/35 lbs, 3X10 cable lat pulldown w/70 lbs, 3X10 cable tricep extension w/40 lbs, 3X10 cable tricep pushdown w/40 lbs, 3X10 seated dip w/115 lbs added, 3X10 deltoid raise w/40, 3X10 deltoid fly w/50 lbs, 3X10 shrugs w/95 lbs and 3X10 inner thigh w/110. 10 min bike.

Assessment: Still just maintaining here calorie and weight wise. My plan of saving calories during the week for the party weekends seems to be working out. We'll see how I do for the week in CO!

Happy Thursday everyone!!!
    You rocked it!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Keep it up everyone! We're gonna start off the New Year with a bang!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 4 clients this morning. DD has an orthodontist appt. then later we'll bike ride.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Lol, hot dog, nachos, popcorn for dinner last night! STAR WARS was off the hook and I loved it so I'm seeing it again!!!!!
  • luluinca
    Options
    This was probably my last workout before we leave for CO on Monday so I tried to make it a good one....LOL

Strength: 40 min circuit training including 2 sets each of 10 good mornings w/50 lbs, 15 goblet squats w/25 lbs, 1 min elevated leg plank, 15 physio ball planks and bridges, 15 decline situps w/10 lbs, 10 decline leg lifts, 12 back extensions w/20 lbs, 4 min stairmaster. 60 min weight lifting including squats <2X8 w/65 lbs (warmup), 2X5 w/115 lbs, 2X5 w/125 lbs>, bent over row <5X5 w/75 lbs>, leg press <single leg warmup of 15 w/130 lbs and 12 w/180 lbs, dbl leg of 12 w/310 lbs, 10 w/400 lbs, 8 w/490 lbs and 6 w/540 lbs>, 3x16 fwd and rev lunges w/20/20 lbs, 3X16 side lunges w/20/20 lbs, 3X20 step ups, 3X12 alt hand KB swing w/30 lbs and 3X10 inner thigh w/110.

Big family party tomorrow with hubby's side of the family so lots of cooking today and then packing on Sunday, leaving Monday!

Have great weekend everyone...........hope it's a blast!!!
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @ninerbuff good to hear you enjoyed Star Wars. I can't wait to go see it...
    @luluinca have fun at the party & holiday!

Happy Weekend is here! Here's hoping all holiday shopping is done.

Krav Maga class tonight.

Strength:
    Skipping 3 x 2 mins 1 min rest

2 sets:
    Band walk
    Double KB snatch split 2 x 10 kg

Barbell Shoulder press 5 x 5 60 lbs
    Parallel grip pull-ups 5 x 5
    Power front squat 5 x 5 85 lbs

2 sets barbell circuit 6 reps/each @ 55 lbs:
    Thrusters
    Single leg abducted deadlift
    Row
    Back squat

Assessment: chicken Caesar salad for dinner yummy! I was disappointed with the shoulder press today, my goal was to hit 65 lbs for 6 x 3 but I couldn't get the barbell up today at that weight. Will attempt it again Monday when I'm fresh, keeping fingers crossed I can make this happen.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    TGIF!!

Strength training:

Bench press: 1x5x65lb, 4x5x75lb
    OHP: 1x5x45lb, 4x5x50lb
    Pendlay Row: 1x5x65lb, 3x5x70lb, 1x5x75lb
    Good Mornings: 4x5x25lb
    Body Squats: 2x5

Food: on target
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I like this thread.
    Since I already journal I'll just add my stuff starting from my last lifting session on Thursday Dec 17.

Cardio: None

Strength: 531 Cycle 6, week 1

Squats
    105x5
    130x5
    155x3
    165x5
    195x5
    220x6 (5+)
    220x3
    220x3
    185x6

DL <- went 5x5 at ~80%
    225x5x5

Assessment: Upped cals close to maintenance for the next 2 weeks. Should be easy to hit my macros and cal goals.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hmm, I like this thread.
    Since I already journal I'll just add my stuff starting from my last lifting session on Thursday Dec 17.

Squats
    105x5
    130x5
    155x3
    165x5
    195x5
    220x6 (5+)
    220x3
    220x3
    185x6

DL <- went 5x5 at ~80%
    225x5x5

Assessment: Upped cals close to maintenance for the next 2 weeks. Should be easy to hit my macros and cal goals.
    Welcome! It's been up since I practically started here and the idea is just for people to have consistency and to share their workouts.
    Also since I'm a Certified Personal trainer, I answer any questions someone might have on fitness or nutrition..............................for free.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients and finishing some shopping for Christmas next week.

Cardio: biking- 40 min (300 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Chinese last night. Love chow fun.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Late entry for Friday, I was whooped later in the evening:

Strength: none

Cardio: Killed it for an hour on the elliptical - 810 machine calculated calories Then did some HIIT intervals at max machine resistance - 4 intervals after the steady state

Assessment - lot o pizza but within goals

@ltworide - thanks for the positive on healing, missed responding earlier
    @ninerbuff - I still think my decoration effort should count as cardio!
    @brandiuntz - your "easy" runs would kill some I think!
    @luluinca - aging with attitude is your trend... and I LIKE it!
    @47Jacqueline - didn't see you sneak in, very motivating group here
    @Wildflower0071 - your new profile pic shows off your hard work big time!
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hmm, I like this thread.

Squats
    105x5
    130x5
    155x3
    165x5
    195x5
    220x6 (5+)
    220x3
    220x3
    185x6

DL <- went 5x5 at ~80%
    225x5x5

Welcome! It's been up since I practically started here and the idea is just for people to have consistency and to share their workouts.
    Also since I'm a Certified Personal trainer, I answer any questions someone might have on fitness or nutrition..............................for free.

Somewhere, in an alternate dimension where it's allowed, I clicked the "like" button for this