"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    @piperdown44 welcome, sounds like you had a great workout!

Rest day for me, finally managed to get the Christmas tree up, regular housework done etc. Managed to get in 19.5k steps.

Assessment: calories on track but under on my protein macros. Fat *kitten* chicken burrito for dinner. Hoping to hit the gym tomorrow.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Late entry for Friday, I was whooped later in the evening:

Strength: none

Cardio: Killed it for an hour on the elliptical - 810 machine calculated calories Then did some HIIT intervals at max machine resistance - 4 intervals after the steady state

Assessment - lot o pizza but within goals

@ltworide - thanks for the positive on healing, missed responding earlier
    @ninerbuff - I still think my decoration effort should count as cardio!
    @brandiuntz - your "easy" runs would kill some I think!
    @luluinca - aging with attitude is your trend... and I LIKE it!
    @47Jacqueline - didn't see you sneak in, very motivating group here
    @Wildflower0071 - your new profile pic shows off your hard work big time!
    Lol, hey I climbed up and down a 10ft ladder to put up my lights at least 40 times.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    ltworide wrote: »
    @piperdown44 welcome, sounds like you had a great workout!

Rest day for me, finally managed to get the Christmas tree up, regular housework done etc. Managed to get in 19.5k steps.

Assessment: calories on track but under on my protein macros. Fat *kitten* chicken burrito for dinner. Hoping to hit the gym tomorrow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhXHBSqmSw8

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I like this thread.
    Since I already journal I'll just add my stuff starting from my last lifting session on Thursday Dec 17.

Cardio: None

Strength: 531 Cycle 6, week 1

Squats
    105x5
    130x5
    155x3
    165x5
    195x5
    220x6 (5+)
    220x3
    220x3
    185x6

DL <- went 5x5 at ~80%
    225x5x5

Assessment: Upped cals close to maintenance for the next 2 weeks. Should be easy to hit my macros and cal goals.

Welcome!!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Late entry for Friday, I was whooped later in the evening:

Strength: none

Cardio: Killed it for an hour on the elliptical - 810 machine calculated calories Then did some HIIT intervals at max machine resistance - 4 intervals after the steady state

Assessment - lot o pizza but within goals

@ltworide - thanks for the positive on healing, missed responding earlier
    @ninerbuff - I still think my decoration effort should count as cardio!
    @brandiuntz - your "easy" runs would kill some I think!
    @luluinca - aging with attitude is your trend... and I LIKE it!
    @47Jacqueline - didn't see you sneak in, very motivating group here
    @Wildflower0071 - your new profile pic shows off your hard work big time!

Ha! Thanks. By easy, I mean a "slowish" pace...a training run. It's hard not to push myself all the time, but I've learned the importance of saving hard for speed days, and keeping easy days slow (though it never feels that easy).

Happy Weekend, folks!

Saturday: Cardio: 3 mile run. Cut things short because of ankle discomfort. Officially retired that pair of shoes, which should've happened a few runs ago.

Sunday: Cardio: 6 mile run with a friend. Her "long run", easy paced. Helping her build up her endurance, as she wants to run a 10K race and do her first half later next year. We're going to start running together on Sundays.

Food: Xmas party, but within maintenance numbers.
  • ltworide
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Happy weekend!

@Wildflower0071 wow sounds like you crushed that workout way to go!

@brandiuntz bet it'll be fun to run with your friend, something to look forward to.

Strength today:
    Barbell strict shoulder press 6 x 3 @ 65 lbs. (note: this was what I was attempting on Friday but couldn't do it & managed to crush it today, felt good
    Barbell front squat @ 125 lbs 6 x 3
    Shoulder width grip pull-ups 6 x 1 EMOTM for power

2 sets of skipping 3 mins & 2 point plank 30 sec/side
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say Hi and Happy Holidays! Spent the last two days under the weather with a bit of an intestinal bug but I'm feeling much better this afternoon and our plans to catch a ride on Southwest tomorrow afternoon for Colorado have not been derailed. Normally I would have gone to the gym this morning.............but I'm just not going to worry about it......LOL

I'll be getting some walking/hiking and maybe a little gym workout in while I'm there so will check in with those numbers next week but I'm just not going to bother logging for the week. I need the break and I've managed to maintain since Thanksgiving so I think I'll be fine no matter how many tempting treats are around. ;)

Hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy time with family and friends!!!

Keep rockin' those workouts!!!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    @luluinca Glad you are still up for the trip, I know how much you have been looking forward to it!
    @ltworide Great day, and I missed the opportunity to welcome you to the mix. I'm fairly new to this little group myself, so wasn't sure if you were "new" or returning.
    @ninerbuff I never even realized that your offer of free professional level advice was part of the deal. It's just a great group, even if you don't count your ladder climbs towards earning a donut! Very cool of you to have that offer attached though, many with experience in your fields wouldn't ever do that.
    @brandiuntz I'm not a runner, so your training runs are at a pace I'm not doing! LOL
    @Wildflower0071 That fat in the prime roast surely isn't hurting you. Mirrors don't lie!

I liked my HIIT today!

Strength: Some quick circuit style upper body, muscle retention level. Dips, conventional push ups, push ups elevated feet 1 foot, push ups feet elevated 2 feet, approx 4x25 of each.

Cardo: Did a true to the best of my calculations Tabata HIIT routine on the elliptical. Taxing in a way I wasn't expecting, hard but not where I had predicted. Cooled down and let my heart rate settle some, then did some more cardio at estimated 80-85% of VO2max.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend. We are shifting into holiday mode, short busy week and then some break time. I'll be conscious of my workout and health goals when I eat my holiday ham and pies!
  • dvs19622013
    dvs19622013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Here's mine from today.
    Skip x 100
    Deadlift x 10 @ 70 kg
    Push up burpee x 10
    Shoulder press x 10 @ 20 kg
    Ab roller x 10

I performed the above 10 times and followed this with 25 minutes on the cross trainer.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 4 tonight. DD is off because of Christmas vacation and finally all my shopping is done. Best news is that I'm in the FINALS for all my Fantasy Football teams (3) with one of them being a money league. Right now I'm guaranteed $250, but 1st place is $800!!!! So I need to make sure I put out the best team on the field possible.

Cardio: treadmill- 2.5 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Kareoke night at a club so pizza.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

Feeling good today, even with a slight cold.

Cardio: None
    Strength:

531 Cycle 6, week 2

OHP
    BBx7
    65x5
    80x5
    95x3
    110x3
    125x3
    140x5 (3+) <-happy with this
    140x3
    140x3
    95x10

BBB Bench <-switched to 5x5 at 80%
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5x5

Pullups
    BWx7x5

Assessment: Switched it up this week for bbb to 5x5 at 80% training max instead of 5x10 at 55%. Figured it might help a bit since I'm up to maintenance calories the next couple weeks.
    Session felt good although I was a bit disappointed I only got 5 at 140 instead of the 6 reps I got a few weeks ago.
    Feels great eating at maintenance!
  • ltworide
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    @ninerbuff best wishes on winning the FF pot!
    @piperdown44 awesome job on the OHP, impressive! I dream of hitting 75 lbs!

Going to my Krav Maga class tonight. May hit the gym immediately afterwards if I'm still wired maybe do some bodyweight/light resistance circuit style workout. No strength work today, will save that for tomorrow.

Assessment: calories on track. Not sure what I'm having for dinner yet.
  • piperdown44
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Going to my Krav Maga class tonight. May hit the gym immediately afterwards if I'm still wired maybe do some bodyweight/light resistance circuit style workout. No strength work today, will save that for tomorrow.

Thanks!
    Long slow road to get to this point. Most of the gains I've seen have been neuromuscular adaptations since I was on a calorie deficit from summer to this point.

• piperdown44
    Options
    Let's see.....

Cardio: none

Strength:

DL
    135x5
    145x5
    175x3
    205x3
    230x3
    260x6 (3+)
    260x3
    260x3
    225x5

Squats
    205x5x5

Assessment:
    Longer session than normal just because I needed a bit more rest times between sets of the squats.
    So far, while it's quite a bit more difficult, I'm liking the 5x5 at 80%.
    Need to reassess maintenance calories. Initial water weight gain, then it stabilized, now it's dropping a bit. I'll give it 2 more days and see where I'm at. If I drop weight then I'll need to up it a bit more.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Thanks! I need some help at RB, but my WR's are first class: Antonin Brown, AJ Green, Brandin Cooks and Jarvis Landry.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 3 tonight. Going to mall to get some presents with my DW.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Panda Express last night.
  • ltworide
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Last night finished my Krav Maga class, was still on an adrenaline high, hit the gym & completed 4 rounds not for time:
    Ladder inverted 7
    Inverted rows 10 reps
    Push-ups on the swiss ball 1 leg off ground 10 reps
    Ez bar lunges 25 steps @ 60 lbs
    25 lb resistance band low chops 10/side

Let's say I slept well last night & woke up a bit stiff.

No cardio today except for a long walk. Weather was so nice out, 9 degrees C.

Strength:
    Front squat 115 lbs 5 x 6
    Parallel grip pull-ups 5 x 5
    Shoulder press (power) bar only

3 sets of:
    Cable rear delt fly on Swiss ball 10 reps/side
    Lateral & 45 degree dumbbell raise 8 lbs
    10 reps
    Cable sit up & pallof hold 10 secs 5 reps

2 sets of cable shoulder external rotation

Assessment; macros on track, about 300 calories over. Walmart chicken & potato wedges for dinner.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    My late entry for Tuesday. Great job everyone!

I couldn't take the week off like I convinced myself I might!

Strength: Minimal upper body stuff. Need to get things set up better for serious work!

Cardio: 35 minutes on the elliptical, with some high output intervals at the end

Assessment: Still playing with finding my maintenance calories, doing good on upping protein intake

Cool down lyrical thought of the day:

And to D.B. Cooper and the money he took
    You can look for answers but that ain't fun

Now get in the pit and try to love someone!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Took Monday as a rest day, skipped my run Tuesday due to helping a friend with her computer.

Strength training:

Bench Press: 1x5x65lb, 4x5x75lb

OHP: 1x5x45lb, 4x5x50lb

Pendlay Row: 1x5x65lb, 2x5x70lb, 2x5x75lb

Goblet Squats: 5x5x25lb

Food: not really tracking this week. Trying to stay around maintenance while I enjoy some holiday favorites.
  • piperdown44
    Options

Cool down lyrical thought of the day:

And to D.B. Cooper and the money he took
    You can look for answers but that ain't fun

Now get in the pit and try to love someone!

Kid Rock for the win!