"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome!

Cardio: 30 minutes of walking (burned 131 calories)

Strength:
    Leg Press 5x10 @ 130 lbs
    Chest Press 3x10 @ 30 lbs
    Rows 5x10 @ 50 lbs
    Lat Pull Downs 5x10 @ 40lbs
    Overhead Press 3x10 @ 20 lbs
    Abdominal/Hyper Back 5x10 holding 10 lb weight across my chest
    Straight Leg Deadlifts 3x10 @ 20 lbs

Assessment: Not sure if I’m doing too many reps of anything. I do love the way I felt leaving the gym vs when I was only doing the treadmill. I’m hoping all of this will give me great upper body strength because all my strength is in my legs from doing ballet for 16 years when I was young. Dinner today was my one cheat meal for the week. Had fried shrimp, Mac and cheese and steamed broccoli. It’s my first week of really not cheating and going over calories so my cheat meal was huge. I’m hoping even my cheat meals start to turn healthier.
  • aganey
    Options
    Ok so apparently I don’t know how to make the bold turn off for the next word. Sorry guys. :#
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Soldiers... again (10.59pm).. lol

CARDIO: 18,504 Steps

STRENGTH: Rest day

ASSESSMENT: Pizza & salted caramel cheesecake for dinner. So wrong but oh so right.. plus celebrating my nieces bday..

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! 4 clients this morning. Wet weekend so no real outdoor stuff to do. House cleaning it is.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Baked chicken last night.
  • ninerbuff
    edited November 2017
    Options
    aganey wrote: »
    Ok so apparently I don’t know how to make the bold turn off for the next word. Sorry guys. :#
    If you hit "edit" or "quote" you'll see a at the beginning of the sentence. To end the "bolding" you put a / in front of the b.

So this sentence (you'll have to quote me to see it). If you quote other bolded sentences, you'll see it.

• Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Cardio: 45min UrbanKick

Strength:
    • V push-ups (3x15)
    • Side-front lateral raise (1x15, 1x12, 1x10)
    • DB shoulder press (1x20,1x15,1x10,1x6)
    • Arnold press (2x15,1x12,1x10)
    • Bent over lateral raise (3x15)
    • Assisted pull-ups -20lbs (3x5)

Assessment: Worked hard today and pushed the weight on the presses. Anniversary dinner tonight which means BBQ and peanut butter pie!
  • aganey
    Options
    “There is no substitute for strength, and no excuse for the lack of it.”

Cardio: Pushed my toddler in her cozy coup/pulled my toddler and 10 years old son in a wagon he could barely fit in/ walked circles in our driveway and street all while hubby grilled on the pit for 30 min. Burned 137 cals.

Strength: Rest day, unless you call hauling 92 pounds worth of children in a wagon ;)

Assessment: Legs are a bit sore from the straight leg deadlifts yesterday, but a good sore. Ate grilled shrimp, steak and veggies with a baked potato.
  • aganey
    Options
    Thanks ninerbuff!
  • Zeuggma
    Options
    Happy sunday all. Hope it's relaxing :)

Cardio: 25min HIIT cycling

Strength:
    - Lateral pulldowns (4x10)
    - Bent over rows (1x12; 1x10; 1x8; 1x6)
    - Close grip pulldowns (4x10)
    - Bicep dumbbell curls (1x12; 1x10; 1x8; 1x6)
    - Bicep barbell curls (1x12; 1x10; 1x8; 1x6)
    - Planks (5x1:00)

Assessment: upped the weight today and hit some new PRs. Feelin good! Cauliflower fried rice with tofu for dinner.
  • aganey
    Options
    “Girls gone strong”

Cardio: 35 minutes of pushing toddler around the driveway again

Strength: rest day

Assessment: I’m feeling great! Lots of energy! Between yesterday and today I hardly ever sat down. Can’t wait to hit the weights again this week! Grilled steak, shrimp and veggies with baked potato again.
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Happy Monday Soldiers,

Cardio: 12,860 ( incl. 30min run)

Strength:
    - Flat BB Bench (2x12, 2x10)
    - Incline DB Press (2x15, 2x12)
    - Flat DB Pec Fly (1x15,x12,x10)
    - Military Press (1x15,x12,x10)
    - DB Shrugs (3x15)
    - Concentration Curl 21s (2x21)
    - Hammer Curls (2x12,1x10)
    - DB Kickback (3x8)

Assessment: Slow start but strong finish. Kangaroo mince with beans.. again.. Helps put a bounce in my step.. lol
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 5 this evening. Was an okay weekend. Stayed in control of eating and got some stuff done.

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder press, rear cable laterals, side cable laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Baked chicken.
  • aganey
    Options
    Cardio: walked for 30 minutes burned 122 cals

Strength: rest day

Assessment: feeling bloated today. Not sure if it’s because I didn’t drink as much water today or what. Hopefully I won’t feel this way tomorrow because it makes me sluggish. Homemade chili with brown rice for dinner.
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Soldiers,

Cardio: 17,554 steps

Strength:
    - High Bar Squat (2x12, 2x10)
    - Trap Bar Deadlift (2x12,2x10)
    - Hip Thrusts (2x12, 1x15)
    - Seated Row (1x15,12,10)
    - Single Calve Raise (1x12,10,8)

Assessment:
    Happy with my form today on Squats & most of the Deadlift although noticed a slight back rounding on Deads but not sure if thats due to my height or a mobility issue. Under review for next workout. Chicken & beef with sauteed asparagus & eggplant for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 3 this evening! So my garage door opener died and I had to get a new one.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, machine flat bench, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Hamburger last night. Oh and watching the Warriors win again.
  • Zeuggma
    Options
    Hi all!

Cardio: 60min 8v8 soccer game (subbing in and out)

Strength:
    - Plank up and downs (3x10)
    - Db pec fly (3x12)
    - Incline db bench press (1x12; 1x10; 1x8; 1x6)
    - Db bench press (1x12; 1x10; 1x8; 1x6)
    - Close grip bench press (3x12)
    - Tricep extensions (1x12; 1x10; 1x8)
    - Incline sit ups (5x20)

Assessment: need to up weight on exercises. Chili for dinner

Tbh at the time of posting this, I havent played my game yet. It starts a bit later. I haven't played soccer in formal league in about 5 years, so I'm pretty nervous, but I've also been on an adrenaline high all afternoon! More tomorrow on how it went.
  • aganey
    Options
    Good luck on your game!! We just found out today that my sons soccer team has playoffs this weekend for our district. If we end up being in 1st or 2nd place (currently 2nd) then we will move on to eastern district then potentially state!! I would love to be able to play soccer. My husband played in school.

Cardio: 30 minutes of walking and lots of deep house cleaning. Even polished stainless appliances. Arms were getting sore before the gym from it.

Strength: 3x10 of the following
    Leg press
    Chest press
    Rows
    Lat pull downs
    Overhead press
    Abs
    Straight leg deadlifts

Assessment: went to the gym during the busiest time today bc I had to wait on husband to get home from work to watch the kids. I usually go when maybe 20 people are in there. However I did not get intimidated and worked out right along side a bunch of buff men without batting an eye. Got right up in their business to do my deadlifts. I backed off the number of reps I was doing on some things so I could take it slow and really watch form. I think it worked because I feel it in my back where I’m supposed to and my legs. Baked Panko chicken, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Ok I may or may not have had a sliver of a brownie too but it fit in my calories so win/win!!
  • aganey
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Also I’m still feeling bloated. Could this have anything to do with the fact I’m not doing as much cardio as I was doing before I started strength training about a week ago? I have been eating within my calories and nothing very carb heavy. In fact my carbs and fat have flip flopped lately so they are on the low side.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hope you did well in your game Zueggma!

aganey, it could the be type of protein you're consuming. Are you doing shakes?
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Hey Soldiers,

Im sure it'll be like riding a bike once your on field - Good luck in your game @Zueggma!

Lol @ Aganey - Sliver of Brownie for good measure - love it! Ive been bloated of late too but probably due to relaxed eating over the weekend. Doesnt last more than a few days once im back to structured eating.
    Green tea helps too I find.

Cardio: 20,397 steps

Strength: Rest Day

Assessment: Kanga mince & beans for dinner.