"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! 4 clients this morning. More rain today. DD has a playdate and I'm going to put up the lights and tree.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Family party again, so lots of food.
  • Skee_2802
    Skee_2802 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday !

Feel bad ive been MIA but have been in recovery mode since last week with shoulder & heel injury - no workouts since last week.

Physio said i have a shoulder impingement. Nothing too sinister like a tear so im happy with that. Physio identified issues with how my shoulders pull forward (from bad posture, desk work, etc) & i wasnt using other muscles to perform certain movements instead of my shoulder. More physio booked in and ready to get this sorted and stronger!

Focused on low weight, high rep.

Cardio: 18,901 steps

Strength:
    - Flat BB Bench (3x15)
    - Incline DB Press (3x15)
    - Flat DB Pec Fly (3x15)
    - DB Shrugs (3x15)
    - Concentration Curl 21s (2x21)
    - Hammer Curls (3x15)
    - DB Kickback (3x8)

Assessment:
    Chicken & chips for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 5 this evening. Last week of November so finishing it strong! Also DD back in school!

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder press, rear cable laterals, side cable laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Good weekend. Ate pretty good and got done putting up the lights even though it was rainy.
  • Zeuggma
    Zeuggma Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Forgot to post yesterday. Between the holiday weekend and getting a tattoo friday night (happy early birthday to me!), I've been working out on and off.

Here's yesterday:

Cardio: 25min incline walk

Strength:
    Off regular schedule due to tattoo on shoulder.
    - Cable rows (1x20, 1x15, 1x12, 1x10)
    - Bent over rows (1x15, 2x,12, 1x10)
    - BB bicep curls (1x20, 2x15, 1x12)
    - DB curls (3x12)
    - Side-front laterals (3x15)
    - External rotations (3x15)
    - Jump squats (3x20)
    - Sit ups (3x20)
    - Push ups (3x20)

Assessment: Gettin tattoo on my shoulder probably helped me let it rest as it needed to avoid a shoulder impingement of my own! Working on adding in rotator cuff exercise days on my UrbanKick days.

Pigged out on Thurs/Fri, but was able to avoid rice/rolls/potatoes, so I could have more dessert. Did okay on Sat, and was back to normal food schedule and choices on Sunday, so feeling pretty good there. Gyro greek salad for dinner last night, and cauliflower rice with chicken katsu tonight. :)
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I know I’ve been gone for awhile. I was the new person and I left. You were probably thinking another one bites the dust. Well I’m back and for good this time. I’ve got to get healthy and in better shape for myself and my family. I really want this. Even though I haven’t been logging or working out, I’ve managed to maintain my weight. Even through thanksgiving!

Cardio: 10 minutes treadmill 3.8mph

Strength: 3x10 leg press
    3x10 chest press
    3x10 lat pull downs
    5x10 rows (goodbye back fat)
    3x10 overhead press
    4x10 ab crunch
    3x10 straight leg dead lifts

Assessment: Even though I’ve missed a couple of weeks, I feel like I can move up in weight on a few things next time. I’ve been doing the same weight since I started. I’ve been really focusing on form. I need to work on my diet more. We’ve been eating out a lot due to hustle and bustle of life and Christmas shopping. Had Sweet and sour chicken tonight.

It’s good to be back!!!!
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Happy Tuesday & Thanksgiving.

We don't celebrate thanks giving in Australia but I feel inclined to pig out in support of your holiday. Haha

Happy B-Day @Zeuggma & wecome back @aganey!

CARDIO: 10,447 steps

STRENGH: rest day

AX: Turkish chicken pide, garlic pizza, chips for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 3 this evening! Starting to get cold now. Good thing I have new windows getting installed soon.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Happy B-Day @Zeuggma & wecome back @aganey!

• aganey
    Options
    Good to be back, thanks y’all!

Cardio: 30 minutes walking up and down the street pushing my daughter in her stroller.

Strength: rest day

Assessment: getting my mojo back. I bought the book Thinner, Leaner, Stronger by Michael Matthews a couple of years ago. I started reading it again last night. I love this book. I’m ordering The Year One Challenge for Women to help me get better organization with my time at the gym. I’m not very knowledgeable with workout routines and feel this will really help me reach my goals. Tostadas tonight.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 5 tonight. Finish up putting the tree today!

Cardio:jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and vegetables for dinner.
  • aganey
    Options
    I’m a lifting mom. Just like a normal mom except more badass!

Cardio: 10 min on treadmill (burned 62 cals)

Strength: 3x10 leg press (went up in weight!)
    3x10 chest press
    5x10 rows (went up in weight)
    3x10 lat pull downs
    3x10 overhead press
    5x10 ab crunches
    3x10 straight leg deadlifts (went up in weight)

Assessment: I’m glad that I increased weight on 3 things! I will probably increase overhead press next time. I’ve been trying to eat better the past couple of days and managed to stay in my calories. Tostadas again tonight.
  • Skee_2802
    Options
    Wednesday late entry.

Cardio: 9634 steps.

Strength: Rest day

Assessment:
    Had another physio session today. Managed to get full ROM on both shoulders with some minor pain after massaging. Ive been given some home based exercises and stretches to do. Even purchased a brace in the shape of a figure 8 that pulls my shoulder back to their normal alignment to address my forward sloping shoulders.
    Kanga mince & beans for Dinner.

• Skee_2802
    Options
    Happy Thursday Soldiers,

Cardio: 18,984 steps (14.3klm)

Strength:
    4x15 BB Squat
    4x15 T-Bar Deadlift
    3x15 Leg Extension
    3x15 Hip Thrusts
    3x15 Seated Row
    3x15 Lat Pulldown

Assessment: My energy was through the roof today which was unexpected given i was running on 4-5 hrs of sleep but i'll take it. Focused on low weight high rep.
    Double Whooper with cheese burger & chips for dinner and still under overall calorie - Today was a good day!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! End of the month! Have to weigh in for my Dietbet and win some money!

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lamb and coleslaw last night. I can almost put my hand on my lower back now, but it's still pretty uncomfortable. Still working on rehabbing my shoulder though.
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    I am new, so I hope you don't mind me joining in...

Plan for today:
    Lift:
    Bench- 5x5
    Deadlift- 5x5
    Substitute squat with leg press-
    30 mins run / incline walk at lunch.
    30-40 mins incline walk in the evening.

Injuries: Torn rotator cuff a while back. NO EXCUSES
  • Zeuggma
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Happy thursday all! Thanks for the birthday wishes !Welcome back @aganey. And good to see a new face, @DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM . :)

I'm gettin bad at logging my workouts night of. D=

Here is yesterday's:

Cardio: 25min incline walk

Strength:
    • Plank up-and-downs (3x15)
    • Pec fly (1x20, 1x15, 1x12)
    • Incline db bench press (2x15, 1x12, 1x8)
    • Db bench press (2x15, 1x12, 1x8)
    • Close-grip bench press (1x20, 2x15)
    • Tricep extensions (3x15)
    • Incline sit ups (4x25)

Assessment: Shoulder is feeling better, and I took extra time to warm it up today. Eating mostly good, but having dessert more often than I'd like (Logging with CICO always makes me think I can have it everyday). Trying to maintain weight until January, then back to cutting hopefully with dessert only once a week. Lemon chicken with zucchini noodles and veggies for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Welcome DEF!!!!!
  • aganey
    Options
    Hey everyone! Welcome DEF!

Cardio: Just cleaned around the house. Caught up laundry so I can pack for my sons soccer tournament this weekend. I haven’t sat much at all today so I consider that cardio because I usually sit more than I did today.

Strength: Rest day

Assessment: I plan on hitting the gym tomorrow morning before we leave to go out of town. This weekend will be a lot of eating out but I am going to make the best choices I can and not use it as an excuse to splurge.

Also, wish my son’s team luck! He has 3 games Saturday (7:30, 10 and 12:30) poor thing. He’s going to be so tired, he’s only 10. If we win our bracket Saturday then we play again Sunday. If we win Sunday then off to state we go! I’m one proud mama regardless of how we do!
  • Zeuggma
    Options
    @aganey Awesome job staying on track and working with your schedule. :) I hope your son wins! Those game times are brutal--he's gonna be wiped out or ravenously hungry. Probably both!

Now for today's workout...

Cardio: 1 mile run (8:20 time)

Strength:
    • Leg extensions (1x20, 1x15, 1x12)
    • Lying leg curls (1x20, 1x15, 2x12)
    • Leg press (2x15, 1x12, 1x10)
    • Squats (1x20, 1x15, 1x12, 1x10)
    • Stiff-leg dead lifts (1x20, 1x15, 1x12, 1x10)
    • Calf raises (3x25)

Assessment: Quad is feeling 100%, so I upped the weight today and hit a bunch of PRs, particularly on my leg press, squat, and deadlift. Super tired after and bit light-headed, so I skipped cardio to come home and cook dinner. Balsamic beef roast with cauliflower rice and green beans tonight. :) Instant pots are pretty dope.
  • aganey
    Options
    @zeuggma thanks! I’m really REALLY going to try to do 3 days a week of lifting. When I go tomorrow that will be accomplished for this week! Sometimes it’s hard because my husband shift works. He’s been waking up all week (he’s been on nights) during the day to let me go workout while he watched our toddler, then going back to sleep when I get home. I’m lucky to have such a supportive husband because I don’t know if I could wake up in the middle of my sleep like that. Also, yes my son will be both tired and hungry...plus grouchy I’m sure lol. I’m going to keep plenty of snacks on hand. I’ll let y’all know how they do!