"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,153 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    ...the NON PLAYOFF Lakers tonight!!!

Oh, gee, is that even legal? Is it even possible for the great, the fantastic, the full-of-himself King James to miss the playoffs?
    Won my Dietbet Transformer and got a total of $410 back!!!

Woot! Don't know what you put up as an initial ante, but the dedication over time needed is impressive. Kudos!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! Nice with no school the whole week. Now I have to return on Monday.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pizza for dinner. Robber's Roost from Mountain Mike's.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    ...the NON PLAYOFF Lakers tonight!!!

Oh, gee, is that even legal? Is it even possible for the great, the fantastic, the full-of-himself King James to miss the playoffs?
    Won my Dietbet Transformer and got a total of $410 back!!!

Woot! Don't know what you put up as an initial ante, but the dedication over time needed is impressive. Kudos!
    I put $125 up front.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then clean up the house. No more comps so it's actually a rest day for me from work.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken florentine crepes from IHOP for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Workout (Friday):

Cardio:
    Elliptical (420 calories)

Strength: Pull B

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Shrugs 4x10
    Cable Row 5x5
    Pulldown 2x10
    Chindown 2x10
    Cable Rope Hammer Curl 3x10

Workout analysis: Considering I went straight from my third graveyard shift to the gym, this workout proved just as much an exercise in will power as it was exercising muscles. But I got through the whole thing without dropping weight, reps or entire exercises, so we'll call it a win.

Food: Homemade Pepperoni Pizza

Workout (Saturday):

Cardio:

Strength: Legs B

Squats 4x10
    SLDL 3x10
    Hack Squat 5x5
    Leg Extension 2x10
    Seated Leg Curl 2x10
    Calf Raise 2x10

Workout analysis: My third set of squats was a lot easier than my first two...not sure if that's from finding my groove, or I was tired from doing the elliptical first and had recovered by set three.

Food: Sweet and sour pork with rice

Life event: My son's JROTC unit, having won state champs in drill two weeks ago, they attended nationals today. (Very convenient...the location rotates each year, this year the competition was in Denver, only 60 miles away.) His school team came in third place overall, while the two teams my son is captain for (in charge of recruiting, training, choreographing, and leading) came in second and first place, national champs. Dang proud of him.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Back to the grind with the last couple of months of school left to yard duty at.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Down an little in weight and now getting ready for my last push for summer.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Workout (Friday):

Cardio:

Strength: Pull B

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Shrugs 4x10
    Cable Row 5x5
    Pulldown 2x10
    Chindown 2x10
    Cable Rope Hammer Curl 3x10

Workout analysis: Considering I went straight from my third graveyard shift to the gym, this workout proved just as much an exercise in will power as it was exercising muscles. But I got through the whole thing without dropping weight, reps or entire exercises, so we'll call it a win.

Food: Homemade Pepperoni Pizza

Workout (Saturday):

Cardio:

Strength: Legs B

Squats 4x10
    SLDL 3x10
    Hack Squat 5x5
    Leg Extension 2x10
    Seated Leg Curl 2x10
    Calf Raise 2x10

Workout analysis: My third set of squats was a lot easier than my first two...not sure if that's from finding my groove, or I was tired from doing the elliptical first and had recovered by set three.

Food: Sweet and sour pork with rice

Life event: My son's JROTC unit, having won state champs in drill two weeks ago, they attended nationals today. (Very convenient...the location rotates each year, this year the competition was in Denver, only 60 miles away.) His school team came in third place overall, while the two teams my son is captain for (in charge of recruiting, training, choreographing, and leading) came in second and first place, national champs. Dang proud of him.
    Congrats to your son!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical (428 calories)

Strength: Push C

Cable twist in/out 2x15
    Bench press 5x5
    Incline DB press 3x10
    Decline cable fly 3x10
    Seated smith OHP 3x5
    Rope pushdown 3x10

Dinner tonight: Soy chicken with buttered egg noodles

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. It was cold yesterday and dumb *kitten* me was in shorts without considering looking at weather report. Warmer today.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and baked potato. Will start doing a little cardio after eating to help burn off some calories.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Early day and full schedule. Cold again yesterday. Hope it warms up today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Lamb and vegetables for dinner. Working on keep my calories down at dinner time to lose these last few pounds.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical (428 calories)

Strength: Pull C

Pullups 3 sets
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Machine Low Row 5x5
    Farmer's Walk 3x30 seconds
    Isolation Curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: I've been doing pretty good about not eating back all my cardio calories, so am expecting to be losing weight again. Now, if only I can find a scale I can trust, since the ones at the gym seem to be improperly calibrated, likely due to too many people using them. Will likely wait on leg day until Saturday, rather than Friday, so there's less time crunch to enjoy a soak in the hot tub before getting ready for work.

Dinner: Leftover soy chicken with buttered egg noodles

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Still chilly.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Homemade hamburgers for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! Picked up a couple of new clients with a one leaving. We're getting our bathrooms redone and it's going to take a month to finish. So we'll be having portable bathrooms outside of our facility.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Flanken short ribs, vegetables and rice for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then clean up the house. Also have to mow the lawn and trim the hedges.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner. NBA playoffs tonight for the DUBS!!!!!!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Living in Colorado, I'm kinda obligated to root for the Nugs, but given I haven't cared about the NBA since Jordan retired (the second time), I'll not stand in your way.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. No school today so just regular gym schedule.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Too much food to describe. Free day.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical (420 calories)

Strength: Legs C

Deadlift 5x2
    Hip thrust 5x5
    Leg press 5x5

Analysis: Tough to push through after finishing my last graveyard shift last night, but I made it, only had to lower the weight on the hip thrusts a tad, the others were at full. Last set of leg press, I grabbed a couple gym pals to help me do an extended drop set: 3 reps per set, drop one large plate per side per set. By the time I got down to just the sled, it felt heavier than my first set. What a fabulous end to the workout!

Dinner: Not feeling the desire to cook tonight, so looks like Pizza Hut wings and slices tonight.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Back to school today. Ugh, at least it's only another couple of months

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and vegetables for dinner. Enjoyed my dinner while watching the DUBS win.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical (420 calories)

Strength: Push D

Bench Press 3x10
    Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Decline Bench Press 5x5
    Standing BB OHP 3x10
    Lying EZ-Bar Skullcrushers 3x10

Assessment: I think I need to move the decline press to first in that little bench sequence. The last time, when I put decline first, I was able to hit all my weights; this time, putting decline last, I had to lower the weight by 10%. This is also the first time in a long time I've done the standing OHP; usually I do seated, or at least use a smith machine.

Dinner: half rack of ribs, corn

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Early day and full schedule. Bad battery in wife's car so have to get it exchanged.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.