"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,180 Member
    Options
    Cardio - Elliptical (432 calories)

Strength - Pull D

Pullups 3 sets
    T-Bar Row 4x10
    Pull-down 2x10
    Chin-down 2x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    BB 7-Up Curls 3 sets

Analysis: This was one of those workouts where you feel both gigantic and humbled at the same time. Upped my weight on the T-bar rows, so felt great; the guy I was alternating sets with (since we have only the single T-bar station) was literally lifting twice the weight for the same reps as me. This wouldn't have bothered me at all if he looked the part with bigger muscles than me, but this guy was about my size yet doing this. Ugh.

Dinner: Crock-pot honey soy chicken and rice

Life note: I have now hit the gym each of the last 3 days in a row. Today sitting watching television with my wife, I was nodding off, so we mutually agreed to turn it off and take a nap. For reference, I can count on one hand the number of naps I've taken in the last two decades. I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to take tomorrow off from the gym, not waking up early for it but instead sleeping in, give the body a break.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Weather is so weird this year. Game 3 of the Warriors/Nuggets series tonight!!! Go DUBS!!1!

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Coconut curry chicken and rice for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! Got new equipment and extra plates in the gym yesterday so going to organize it today. So excited to use new hack squat machine.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Homemade hamburgers for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then clean up the house. With it being leg day and getting a new hack squat, I'm jazzed!!! Also have to mow lawn and get a haircut.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, hack squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chinese for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    How'd you like them hack squats? And how about them Nuggets...no sweep for you, sir!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    How'd you like them hack squats? And how about them Nuggets...no sweep for you, sir!
    Love the hack squats!!!! And yes no sweep, but now I might go to the game on Wednesday!!!!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Was hoping for a sweep yesterday so the Dubs could get some extra rest, but looks like it's gonna take at least 5 games. May go to this one if the ticket prices aren't too outrageous.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Thai for dinner. Starting my final trek to get down to 175lbs or less.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical (432 calories)

Strength: Push A

Cable Twist In/Out 2x15
    Bench Press 5x5,4,3,2,4
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Seated OHP 3x5
    Cable Pushdown 3x10,15,20

Analysis: Next on schedule was legs, but due to time constraints I swapped Push to today, Legs tomorrow.

Meals: Lunch - chicken pita, Dinner - leftover crockpot honey-soy chicken with rice and side salad (no dressing)

Life note: my kids are sick of me working shift-work, which requires them to fix their own dinners two nights a week, usually microwave dinners and frozen pizza. Reason I was pulled from day staff back to shifts was due to losing 3 people at once...two quit, one had a death in the family. But the third guy is back again, and I've finished training up one new guy, working on training up the second. Hopefully by mid-May he'll be good to go, and I can stop pulling constant shifts and have my nights and weekends back.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. I know I mildly strained my low back yesterday. I'll have to moderate my class instruction in kickboxing.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner. Good start on these last few pounds.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical (439 calories)

Strength: Legs D

Squat 4x20
    Hack Squat 5x10 (Last set drop set x2)
    Seated Leg Curl 2x10
    Leg Extension 2x10

Analysis: Normally, this is my ease-off week, dropping the weights but upping the reps. But when I got to the hack squat, a gym buddy was already there, using the same weights I was going to use, so I asked if I could work in with him. Boys being boys, things naturally got a little competitive, and with every set the weight went up, until by set 3 I was doing 10 reps at a weight I normally use for my 5x5 routine, and instead of doing 3x10, I did five sets, with the last set being a double-drop drop set. I was completely fried, decided to skip the Bulgarian split squats, but it was a lot of fun. It's been a long time since I worked out with somebody else, felt the adrenaline with each person egging/cheering the other on. Only regret after was the hot tub was down for maintenance, lol.

Dinner: parmesan chicken with baked potato

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Early day and full schedule. Back is still stiff from Monday. DUBS tonight to try to move onto semis!

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Pork fried rice for dinner. My daughter loves my pork fried rice.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Back is still a little stiff so I'll have to modify my movements for class for myself.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner. Lol, wanted to watch the game instead of focus on cooking dinner. DUBS onto the semis now!!!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical (435 calories)

Strength: Pull A

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    DB Row 5x7
    Face Pull 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (with 10-second negative on final rep)

Analysis: Not only was I doing this workout following a graveyard shift (aka without sleep), but my iPod died so had to do it without music. (Reminds me to put it on the charger now...) Anyway, the workout went quite well for all that, but I'm faced with a dilemma in figuring out when to increase my weight on my DB rows. From 0-50, the gym DB's increment by 2.5#...from 50-100, the DB's increment by 5#...but they jump by 10# after that. Up until now it's been easy to know when to increase the weight...my goal is 5x5, so when I can do 5x8 I increase the weight the next week. I'm closing in on this mark with 100's, but when the next increase leaps to 110, I'm not sure if that's too big a leap, if I should wait til I can do 5x10, or what.

Dinner: Homemade French Dip sandwiches with au jus and baked fries.

Life note: NFL rookie draft Round 1 tonight. Used to be I could sit and watch on television, but then they moved Round 1 to Thursdays, which is when I have church choir rehearsals, so no can do. Phooey. I can get all my relevant news online after the fact, but it's not the same as experiencing it live.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! After a week with new equipment and weights, all that's left now is for the bathrooms to get finished remodeling. Should be done by mid May.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Lamb and salad for dinner. Waiting to see if the Grizzlies pull of the close out win tonight.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then clean up the house. Had a good leg day and went looking for venues for my daughter's graduation.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, hack squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Venues...? As in you're hosting a party for her? Congratulations to her! My second son is also graduating this month.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Venues...? As in you're hosting a party for her? Congratulations to her! My second son is also graduating this month.

She graduates highschool this year.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. I spent most of the day working and watching basketball and OZARK episodes yesterday. Need to finish laundry and cleaning today.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner. Likely my last fast food dinner run for awhile now that I'm getting ready for summer slimdown.
  • nossmf
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Cardio: None (only time for a half workout today)

Strength: Legs A

Deadlift 5x5
    BB Step-Up 3x10
    Leg Press 3x10
    Glute Press 2x10

Analysis: Any day you finish a workout and make a note in your log to increase the weight next time is a good day. Even better when you can applaud a kid at the next station over who goes crazy after setting a new PR. Only had time for a half workout today; maybe I will get the other half (cardio) done tomorrow after work instead of taking the day off.

Dinner: ham steak with fries

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Excited for game 2 tonight for DUBS!!!!

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner. Doing good and on track.