"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Cable Row 5x5
    Face Pull 3x10
    Cable Hammer Curls 3x10

Analysis: For years, whenever I did the cable row, I used the cable with a single attachment, both arms working together. The last couple times, however, I've used the other cable setup, with each arm pulling independently. I can pull heavier when both arms work as one by about 10%, but working apart I've been experimenting with different hand positions from one set to the next. Today, my sets went: overhand, hammer, underhand, hammer, overhand. I dig it.

Food: Lunch - sweet & sour pork with rice, Dinner - chicken fajitas

Life: Not a hockey fan, but my hometown Avalanche is in the final round of the Stanley Cup, so I guess I'm obligated to cheer for them.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Cable Row 5x5
    Face Pull 3x10
    Cable Hammer Curls 3x10

Analysis: For years, whenever I did the cable row, I used the cable with a single attachment, both arms working together. The last couple times, however, I've used the other cable setup, with each arm pulling independently. I can pull heavier when both arms work as one by about 10%, but working apart I've been experimenting with different hand positions from one set to the next. Today, my sets went: overhand, hammer, underhand, hammer, overhand. I dig it.

Food: Lunch - sweet & sour pork with rice, Dinner - chicken fajitas

Life: Not a hockey fan, but my hometown Avalanche is in the final round of the Stanley Cup, so I guess I'm obligated to cheer for them.
    Hand position can make a big difference. Especially with rows. Also try to pull with your pinkies instead of your index fingers more. Emphasizes how your radius pulls inward toward the body more.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Strength: did my dumbbells. Yay!

Assessment: It felt pretty good. I'm tired.

Food: eggs for breakfast, then Greek yogurt, then oatmeal with berries and protein powder for lunch, then 4 dried apricots, and plain chicken for dinner. I go for routine and ease of prep in meals.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and some new clients. Enjoying not having to go to school after first work shift for now.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak and vegetables. It's starting to get hot here and I'm trying to get more walking in to help shed a few more pounds, so a lot of dreadmill due to it be much cooler in the gym.

• Anniesquats100
    Options
    Hi!

Cardio: 15 mins of fast marching video

Strength: 53 mins of yoga

Assessment: I have to be very careful of my knee doing yoga lunges. I must be patient or I will hurt it again. Maybe I should watch more videos of proper form.

Food: same same. I'm really liking these dried apricots as a snack.
  • nossmf
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hand position can make a big difference. Especially with rows. Also try to pull with your pinkies instead of your index fingers more. Emphasizes how your radius pulls inward toward the body more.

I notice when I row each arm independently that I naturally lead with the pinkie finger, but when they pull together the emphasis shifts to my index. Interesting...will have to make a conscious effort to reverse that next pull day.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Strength: Push Day

Cable Rotate In/Out 2x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Decline Machine Press 5x5
    Seated OHP 3x5
    Cable Pushdown 3x10

Analysis: I was concerned walking into the gym that by moving push day to the third workout of the week I'd be somewhat fatigued and my workout wouldn't be as good as when I have in Mondays, but I need not have worried. I felt good, felt strong. (Fact I got 8 hours of sleep last night instead of my usual 6 probably had nothing to do with it, right? lol )

Food: Lunch - buffalo chicken strips with rice, Dinner - ???

Life: Today is my 20-yr wedding anniversary. My boss allowed me to take the day off from work to spend with her. So of course, the first thing I did this morning was hit the gym, lol. But it's ok, because she sleeps in anyway, and I got home in time to be the first thing she saw when she opened her eyes. (She's taking a nap now, which is why I am online.) Don't know what is on the menu for tonight, but my wife has asked our grownup son's girlfriend for help with her hair and dressing up, so likely it'll be something other than McDonald's. Which probably means either Olive Garden or Red Lobster, in both cases meaning I'll take the salmon. (OG would also mean gorging on their bread sticks, a particular addiction I have but do not share with RL.)

• Anniesquats100
    Options
    @nossmf Happy anniversary! Congratulations on 20 years!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Strength: Push Day

Cable Rotate In/Out 2x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Decline Machine Press 5x5
    Seated OHP 3x5
    Cable Pushdown 3x10

Analysis: I was concerned walking into the gym that by moving push day to the third workout of the week I'd be somewhat fatigued and my workout wouldn't be as good as when I have in Mondays, but I need not have worried. I felt good, felt strong. (Fact I got 8 hours of sleep last night instead of my usual 6 probably had nothing to do with it, right? lol )

Food: Lunch - buffalo chicken strips with rice, Dinner - ???

Life: Today is my 20-yr wedding anniversary. My boss allowed me to take the day off from work to spend with her. So of course, the first thing I did this morning was hit the gym, lol. But it's ok, because she sleeps in anyway, and I got home in time to be the first thing she saw when she opened her eyes. (She's taking a nap now, which is why I am online.) Don't know what is on the menu for tonight, but my wife has asked our grownup son's girlfriend for help with her hair and dressing up, so likely it'll be something other than McDonald's. Which probably means either Olive Garden or Red Lobster, in both cases meaning I'll take the salmon. (OG would also mean gorging on their bread sticks, a particular addiction I have but do not share with RL.)
    Happy Anniversary!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Adjusting to new schedule and routine. Leaving earlier than usual, but starting earlier is forcing me to come in earlier and get my workouts done before training people, but it frees up more of my morning. Also means I have to sleep a little earlier too, but that's not a bad thing.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pork fried rice for dinner. I make it very simple and don't use any oil except from the ground pork itself. Feeling good and weight is going down again.
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Strength: did my dumbbells. Yay!

Assessment: I felt okay. I'm still skipping the squats (heresy!) because of my knee. But something I did tweaked it. Maybe the horseback riding.

Food: ham for dinner tonight. I ran out of chicken.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule then later after 1st shift, may go watch Jurrassic Park. But the REAL NEWS here is that the Warriors are CHAMPS again! Been a DUBNATION fan since the early 80's and so happy my boys are back on top again!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Thai for dinner. Didn't want to cook while the Finals were going on! But so happy with the outcome!
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Cardio: 15 min fast marching video

Strength: 53 min yoga

Weigh-in: up half a pound. I was over calories three days when my cousin was here. So that's fair. But it's time to be serious again.

Annie
  • nossmf
    Options
    Strength: Full-Body

Deadlift 5x2
    Hack Squat 3x10
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 3x10
    Shoulder DB Triset (Front Raise, Lateral Raise, Rear Lateral Raise) 3x10
    DB Curl <superset> Lying DB Skull-crusher

Analysis: All systems go!

Food: Lunch - Chicken sandwich, Dinner - Chicken Fajitas

Life: Glad for your Dubs winning. Now I can focus upon my fantasy football dynasty teams and my upcoming Broncos season.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then clean up the house. Well with the Warriors champs now, onto to baseball till football starts. Go GIANTS!!!

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, hack squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Vietnamese for dinner. I love pho.
  • nossmf
    Options
    @ninerbuff, you'll forgive me for being a Dodgers fan. My entire family has been for four generations, no matter where we call home. You can support whatever basketball, football, or hockey team you want, but you WILL be a Dodger fan, lol.

Side note: I've realized that when I push with a bar (bench press, OHP, etc) I'm stronger than when I push with DB's. BUT when I pull with DB's I'm stronger than when I pull with a bar. Even to the point that my BB bench press is a lot heavier than my BB row, but my DB row is a lot heavier than my DB press.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Father's day! Full Sunday schedule then go to my FIL and dad's houses today to hang out a little.

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. It's my 4000 day on MFP. Man since 2011. Lol, at least I'm consistent.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: I had so much food yesterday, I can't even remember how much I ate. It was a good Father's day seeing my FIL and my dad and family. Back to the grind.
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    @ninerbuff congratulations on day 4000!

And happy father's day!

Cardio: 15 mins fast marching

Strength: 60 mins yoga

Assessment: YouTube has added advertising to my fast marching video. Such a pain. But also a nudge towards the next level. I need to shop around for a new low impact knee friendly cardio video.

Food: another weekend of too many sweets. Let's see if I can stop before it becomes a habit.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Okay, got that extra couple of pounds off from the weekend today. Now onto to losing another 10lbs.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: French dip with fries. I had a lot of calories to spare for dinner and my daughter hadn't had this in awhile.